ABF | Slow Freight

jellybean

TB Lurker
Credits
How's the volume of freight been around the system. We've been pretty slow here at 047-PVD. Keep waiting for something to break, but so far it's been real bad for this time of year.

Freight has been real good here at 221-MIA. Busy enough to bring guys in on there day off and all the overtime you want.

352-Avenel N.J. is real busy, drivers running out of hours every week & plenty of dock overtime. Looking to put men on the list.

FXFE said:
Hello, Is ABF hiring out of the Providence/ Seekonk terminal for P+D?

According to their website they are.
Go to abfs.com and click on employment. If you apply there, make absolutly sure you fill out the entire application properly. Cross your Ts adn dot your Is. Also, don't lie about anything. They will find out about it.
Be patient, they take a long time to process applications

Good Luck

FXFE, we're down 3 guys due to the premium service bids, plus we have a retirement coming up at the end of the month. If you have a good record it would be a good time to apply. You wouldn't be the FedEx driver I was talking to at Engineered Materials in Attleboro about 2 weeks ago by any chance?

Hello Jellybean, Thanks for the info!

Unfortunatly I am not the driver that you speak of. Do the city driver do strictly P+d or is it more or less a flex board between city and Linehaul?

Thx

Hi FXFE, There are no specific "linehaul" bids out of the Providence (Seekonk) terminal. We do have 3 PREMIUM SERVICE BIDS that comprise one Hartford Ct. meet and turn, and Two guys that do a multi-stop run to other New England terminals with next day freight. All are on one seniority list. This includes dock, P+D and PSE men. We can bid on or off any time the barn is re-bid which is rather frequent here. Hope the info helps you.

Has Anybody Heard Anything About Freight Picking Up? I Just Started Driving For Abf And Was Very Impressed Last Week By It Being Pretty Busy This Week Seems To Be Real Slow.can Sombody Give A Little Insight On What To Expect In The Future. Thanks Alot

In SCH-034 was slow but seems to have pick up. They just put 4 new drivers on last week and suppose to put up to 8 more this week. But i think it is to replace the ones that retired.