Slow times

RamBigHorn

TB Lurker
Credits
If it doesn't pick up soon, I'm out of here. Senior guys say they're busy as ever production wise. They're just shipping with outside carriers. Thoroughly disgusted.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Forum Runner

Wondered what all the day cab twin screws from Swift and other outfits were doing pulling your trailers regularly now. Thought huh that's different, just caught me off guard awhile back.

Glad HR decided they didn't want to call me back after playing phone tag. Got a bid and been busy even in the winter on linehaul. Should be busy season especially with football and still good weather. Definitely sounds like their taking work from you. Hopefully it gets better.

Sorry to hear that. Out of Topeka we have stayed busy. I've shot up the seniority board so I don't really see how the extra board is doing. That sucks bad. Sorry to hear it

Yeah there's a steady stream of JB Hunt day cabs and Schneider pulling loads to the Midwest and beyond from our plant (Williamsport). But they're not using our trailers. Using their own or rentals/containers.

Well well. They have done that with our DesMoines GES runs (all great paying BTW). Contracted The orange guys to deliver that area. Saying they can't get enough drivers at the Topeka traffic as the reason. Very interesting :(

Only reason I knew they were pulling Frito was by the trailers, month or so ago meet 2, almost every morning on 10 bypass around Lawrence. On different run now, yet still see once in awhile on turnpike. All the bill boards and AM radio adds for drivers are constant. Didn't know if hauling extra, or squeezing out regular drivers.

They say because it's hard to hire drivers ? I know I've moved up a lot in the 2 years I've been here.

They say because it's hard to hire drivers ? I know I've moved up a lot in the 2 years I've been here.

It is a problem hiring drivers with experience, clean driving record, pass drug screen, and physically fit. Even some new hires are obese. The I haven't climbed anywhere seniority wise just yet. Been here 15 months. Do have 3 behind me, though there's been another 3 that came and went. Can't keep hiring people and then starving them. We've been told some positive changes are coming. Some production to be exclusive to our plant. Some more direct runs to Michigan out of our plant, as well as more runs supporting Aberdeen when they go GES. Supposed to be retirements soon but that was what I was told the day I hired on. Still no retirements. Soon though, I'm told. Haven't worked since last Saturday and this is Wed.