SAIA | slow!!!!

bareknucklebrawler

TB Lurker
Credits
I know the 4th and 1st qtr are typically slow, but this is ridiculous! Cutting several drivers a night past few weeks. Have not seen it this slow in a while. Is it this way throughout the system or just certain areas having a dropoff in freight?

I know the 4th and 1st qtr are typically slow, but this is ridiculous! Cutting several drivers a night past few weeks. Have not seen it this slow in a while. Is it this way throughout the system or just certain areas having a dropoff in freight?
Uh oh!! I just finished my orientation for a linehaul gig in Atlanta, starting with a trainer Mon. I hope I did'nt pick a bad time to come on board???

I get to Atl around midnight and SJ get's there around 2 am, maybe we will cross paths, oh and welcome to Saia Buggybruiser

Were really slow at E also.Seems like the industry hasnt had our seasonal slowdown in the last couple of years.That may be the reason it seems to extremely slow now.This summer,we will be wishing for a few weeks of slow freight..

At my yard we have plenty of old timers ( including myself) that will take a voluntary cut anytime ! It helps keep them from forcing a cut on someone. But this year there has been more forced cuts than i have seen in quite awhile.

Companies fighting over drivers now plus a new year means another crop of drivers fixing to retire or quit the business couple of months and these companies gone be hiring like crazy Walmart can't even get drivers years ago u had to almost pay them to get on lol