ODFL | Slowest ever, Company losing value

I’ve been to Denver in February and it was in the 60s and 20 and snowing back home. I’d come out anytime but I doubt I’d be allowed since I’ve got a schedule. Would wear out some wakeeny runs.

I had a Fla bid, company wouldn't cancel, but if the 6PM news mentioned snow, i have been known to mark off.
I was not called "The Panama Hat Driver" for no reason.
I felt better being home with mama, knowing she would not worry about me getting caught in a Fla blizzard.

Ha... It was 65 and sunny then 20 and snowing just yesterday here. Everyone was wearing shorts and flip-flops in the afternoon then shoveling their driveway after supper.

Oh,.... you must have stayed off the boardwalk 45 days, Dave issued you your flip-flops.

Ump, hear all them ex gang members we hired out of cdl mills went to a chaining class this month swore up and down they gonna be up on the hill weekend warrioring.

LOL

Ump, hear all them ex gang members we hired out of cdl mills went to a chaining class this month swore up and down they gonna be up on the hill weekend warrioring.

LOL
I love how they think just cause they know how to chain up, they can drive with them on and it’s easy. It still takes practice and most give up before they get good at it.

It pays the same as driving on pavement... And I'll take snowstorms over hurricanes any day!!

No problem,...... when snowflakes fell, strong winds blew, my dispatcher knew a call from me was due,
"mark me off"....... gonna be another short pay check, open a can of Spam, cut back kids lunch money.
"Since I'm off, pick up another 12 pack"

LOL
Best part is watching them practice chaining in August in the yard.. They all ask what the big deal is. I just smile and say you're right, this is easy money!!

Best part is watching them practice chaining in August in the yard.. They all ask what the big deal is. I just smile and say you're right, this is easy money!!

Oh yes, years ago on cabbage I had a new supertrucker following me. He did make it to HER before he ran out of hours. I was back in my pickup heading home when he was checking in to the hotel in HER. I had to talk him down cabbage, took about 45 mins. He went city the next week, lucky they had a spot open.

Reactions: Ump
Oh yes, years ago on cabbage I had a new supertrucker following me. He did make it to HER before he ran out of hours. I was back in my pickup heading home when he was checking in to the hotel in HER. I had to talk him down cabbage, took about 45 mins. He went city the next week, lucky they had a spot open.

Boi driver?

Boi driver?

No, Billy, not a Boi driver, this Old PIE Driver, BW is pulling your leg.
We stopped for cabbage and Keilbasa, I'm a slow eater, reason for the 45 min.
Us Easterners know our place, we never cross the "Big Muddy" where the supertruckers rule.
Never would we tackle much above sea level, I hear you guys need a pilot endorsement for those big hills.

Us Easterners know our place, we never cross the "Big Muddy" where the supertruckers rule.
Never would we tackle much above sea level, I hear you guys need a pilot endorsement for those big hills.

Worked for PIE 6 months long long time ago

Some times when you make that first curve coming down the cabbage I pretend I gonna be landing a 707 down in the valley soon
That’s dangerous. Pretending that you’re flying a airplane. That’s distractive driving, self induced. I guess it’s okay though. We have people that pretend that they’re actually a qualified............!! Fill in the blank.

Ya and he ran out when the bill came!