Estes | Smyrna Location question

tangledinmymind

TB Lurker
Credits
There is some questions I want to ask;

I just recently applied there. For anyone on here that works. How is the terminal to work for, is the terminal manager flexible if you have appts? Is the stsrt time predictable and always ststt at night or irrelevant you called at anytime of day? How do the drivers receive their load s, Is it electronic or paper? How do they track drop and hook pay along with any other additional pays? Are you paid for fueling vehicle? If you already have a valid dot physical are you required to get another one? Would a linehaul driver driver go far east or just stay in a 600 mile regional area? Is auto or manual transmission? I'm sure there is more , that's all I can think of.

I don’t work out of this location but it’s by far the best ran and managed terminal that I have been to and I’ve been to a little over 100 terminals. Linehaul times and start days on extraboard will normally keep on a regular start day and window providing freight is at adequate levels, when it’s slow you may start a day or 2 later than your usual start day. If you’re linehaul you won’t get paid to fuel the tractor, the only forms of payment are mileage, drop or hook doubles and breakdown plus and sick or vacation or various bonuses. I’m pretty sure they’ll want a fresh physical, we have manual and autos but all the new trucks are auto but you need to be able to drive a manual. You don’t normally get further than 2 days away from home on the extraboard so you could definitely get to the east / northeast. Out of that location there are so many options in so many directions. I think it would be a good thing and a great Estes location second to none.