ODFL | Snatched airlines off dolly

That's at-will employment for you. I hope it works out or you hand.

I hope it works out for this guy but I have to respond to the premise of your post... I don't believe in folks getting ::shit::-canned for nothing but your statement infers that there should be no personal responsibility for ones actions and mistakes should not be punishable.

your statement infers that there should be no personal responsibility for ones actions and mistakes should not be punishable.

Not at all. It's just that an at-will employee can be fired for anything and everything, so they must always be in fear of their job.

We're all human and mistakes are inevitable. An at will employee, however, must always work on the razors edge.

Does the company fire for anything and everything? It's possible. No one really knows what may or may not be their last mistake.

This guy appears he's his own worst enemy now following his previous preventable and working scared is causing him to make further mistakes.

To summarize, one man could be fired for something another man were spared for. It's all subjective. That's all I meant.

I'm sorry,I wrote it wrong.:6817: I unhook my airlines and elect cord,landing gear,then pull 5th wheel.When I dump the bag's I alway's pull out just a little and double check all my air lines & light cord.Also,this gives you a 2nd chance to make sure trailer is staying up.You never know you may have a defective leg or you forget to roll gear down.Also,never get in a hurry..:1036316054:
Will do!

So what happened after you reported it? Been 2 days now and looks like things are fine.

I always walked down the right side, bumped tires, checked lights, flaps, placard and holders, removed locks ,went around back of both trailers to check upper lights, then lowered gear, removed light cord and lines and pulled pin, unhooked rear box then finished lead box, that way your checking lights and tires on both side. Just opposite for Pre trip. everything started from left front....everyone has their own way of doing pre and post trips but most important is get into a routine and do not get into a hurry. If I am interupted then I can go back and either start over or continue where I was at, but atleast I know its done properly

I always walked down the right side, bumped tires, checked lights, flaps, placard and holders, removed locks ,went around back of both trailers to check upper lights, then lowered gear, removed light cord and lines and pulled pin, unhooked rear box then finished lead box, that way your checking lights and tires on both side. Just opposite for Pre trip. everything started from left front....everyone has their own way of doing pre and post trips but most important is get into a routine and do not get into a hurry. If I am interupted then I can go back and either start over or continue where I was at, but atleast I know its done properly

You always looked like you knew what you were doing over the other guys who got lucky to have a job with us. Hope groceries been good to ya.

We've got guys who wouldn't know if the right side if the trailer was missing.

Not at all. It's just that an at-will employee can be fired for anything and everything, so they must always be in fear of their job.

We're all human and mistakes are inevitable. An at will employee, however, must always work on the razors edge.

Does the company fire for anything and everything? It's possible. No one really knows what may or may not be their last mistake.

This guy appears he's his own worst enemy now following his previous preventable and working scared is causing him to make further mistakes.

To summarize, one man could be fired for something another man were spared for. It's all subjective. That's all I meant.

I don't know, but I've been an at-will employee my whole working life and I've never once been in fear of losing my job. I just do the work and put the rest in God's hands. One tends to make more mistakes when overthinking the task anyway.

We've got guys who wouldn't know if the right side if the trailer was missing.

I had a meet driver over 2 hours late one night because he had to wait for the shop to replace the air tank on one of the wagons. He discovered a gaping hole in it when he was pretripping. I just want to know how the driver who brought it in missed the massive loss in air pressure, or how the hostler who busted the set didn't hear the loud hiss coming from the air tank, and the same question goes to the hostler who put it to the dock and moved it to the loaded line!! No less than 4 employees missed an obvious problem.

I had a meet driver over 2 hours late one night because he had to wait for the shop to replace the air tank on one of the wagons. He discovered a gaping hole in it when he was pretripping. I just want to know how the driver who brought it in missed the massive loss in air pressure, or how the hostler who busted the set didn't hear the loud hiss coming from the air tank, and the same question goes to the hostler who put it to the dock and moved it to the loaded line!! No less than 4 employees missed an obvious problem.
Same has me meeting a driver out of Jersey City who brought a dolly with a busted brake chamber.When I asked him he said he had got it off the deadline area and didn't know.lol.Just glad the meet and turn was at a terminal.Also could hear him coming down the road and all I could say is Really?????

speaking of aor tanks, I found one on anothers drivers tractor I was using for the day and the tank on the right side of the frame was held on with only one tank strap and the hose was enough on the other end that it kept it from falling off, and this is the one in plain sight. not to mention a completely bald tire with cord showing left in a drop yard. Funny thing about this trailer, it came from I believe Tenn. and the tires on the left were bran spankin new but the right wide were wore out and this bald baloney slick was on the outside. Cant figure this out to this day.

speaking of aor tanks, I found one on anothers drivers tractor I was using for the day and the tank on the right side of the frame was held on with only one tank strap and the hose was enough on the other end that it kept it from falling off, and this is the one in plain sight. not to mention a completely bald tire with cord showing left in a drop yard. Funny thing about this trailer, it came from I believe Tenn. and the tires on the left were bran spankin new but the right wide were wore out and this bald baloney slick was on the outside. Cant figure this out to this day.

Sounds to me like a bunch of drivers don't believe the right side of the equipment exists, let alone deserves to be checked.

I accidently left my airlines from dolly hooked to rear trailer, pulled off and snatched the airlines off. I had a preventable accident dec 2015 and about 2 non preventables in between. Do I need to be worried about my job?
Every time you drop a trailer take one last look as your walking away to make sure you unhoooked everything....and vice versa when your hooking

I accidently left my airlines from dolly hooked to rear trailer, pulled off and snatched the airlines off. I had a preventable accident dec 2015 and about 2 non preventables in between. Do I need to be worried about my job?

Hope they didn't give you a chargable for snatching an air line off.
In my days, company would laugh at you for a week or two and shop may tie a greasy gladhand to your steering wheel.

Every time you drop a trailer take one last look as your walking away to make sure you unhoooked everything....and vice versa when your hooking
Most nerve racking thing I do all day... Did I lower the landing gear, did I pull the pin, did I disconnect the lines, did I let the air out...all this going thru my head as I drop my pup!! And they wonder why I have high blood pressure.

Not trying to 1 up anybody but come over to my sandbox in carhaul and see the things we have to worry about. Every job has it's pitfalls and we all share in it everyday every body stay safe

No way Jose, You guys deal with hydraulics, chains, placement and who knows what else.
They would be a lot more cars in the junk yards if I was car hauling.

Not trying to 1 up anybody but come over to my sandbox in carhaul and see the things we have to worry about. Every job has it's pitfalls and we all share in it everyday every body stay safe

I bet everyday you miss the Gravy Train you had at CFC, MAYBE JUST A LITTLE?