SNL comedian died

I rarely missed a show in the from the late 70's to early 80's and now with so many options to view at a more convenient time, I still see only about a dozen shows per year.
There was one year where the cast was pretty lame, maybe '84 or '85 and IIRC Jan Hooks was was part of the cast that brought the show back up to speed the following year. She joins the ranks of so many other cast members that left us too soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know I watched a little bit of Saturday Night Live last night and it had been the first time in probably 10+ years I bothered to watch Saturday Night Live. That show has some funny sketches it does, but it also has some not so funny sketches and stuff that I didn't really follow. I would say it's quality has defiantly bobbed up and down over the years, it was funny in the early 2000s 2003ish, but around 2006-2007 it took a dive for sure at least in my opinion. I always thought the Tonight Show with Jay Leno was better.

i cannot remember when i stopped watching it...Phil Hartman was still on, i think Chris Farley, as well. I think Gilda Radner had just died and Steve Martin a long time friend and co-host of like what 10,000 shows, hosted just after her death, and he started to fall apart on stage.

when the original cast moved on in slow succession, and the new ones came into the scene, i did watch, but then newer crew was coming in, and just didn't hold my interest anymore.

it's like, i love NCIS (the original), now there are what, 27 NCIS shows now..????

i like original, any spin-off's just ain't the same...

unless we are talking about...

All in the family..

then..

The Jeffersons....

then..

Maude.....

those spin off's worked great......

same thing with CSI....

i like the original..then they went to NY and Florida.....

how many times can we see an investigation into a death..????