ODFL | So are we loosing business to others or headed for recession?

lhdrvr

TB Lurker
Credits
Is everyone dead? Beyond the usual winter dead? COH is a ghost town. P&D has sign up sheets to freely take days off. Heard a few have been aloud to go the 4 day work weeks and some city drivers were sent to the dock. Rumored new manager may trim P&D headcount further. On top of that Eastbound freight has been down for a long time. I'm finding out that it seems to stem from the fact that over the last year they beefed up our triple operation from Chicago to PA resulting in less relay freight coming through COH. But yet, they are starting construction on a new 100 doors in April, presumably to take break freight off of Indy and service it overnight to the East coast. Business just seems terrible. Wondering if we are loosing it to others or if no one is shipping and things are looking gloomy everywhere.

Is everyone dead? Beyond the usual winter dead? COH is a ghost town. P&D has sign up sheets to freely take days off. Heard a few have been aloud to go the 4 day work weeks and some city drivers were sent to the dock. Rumored new manager may trim P&D headcount further. On top of that Eastbound freight has been down for a long time. I'm finding out that it seems to stem from the fact that over the last year they beefed up our triple operation from Chicago to PA resulting in less relay freight coming through COH. But yet, they are starting construction on a new 100 doors in April, presumably to take break freight off of Indy and service it overnight to the East coast. Business just seems terrible. Wondering if we are loosing it to others or if no one is shipping and things are looking gloomy everywhere.
Frt has been slow for everyone, IH,since December... lots of ltl's have drivers either sitting home,or have some laid off. My guess is industries in this country,and elsewhere,are waiting to see what Trump does in the next few months,but with the way the Dow is going,it sure seems strange...

Been busy in the pnw. Can't find good drivers out here so make the move.

Been hit or miss here in the southwest. Work 6 days some weeks, and the next, 3-4. Hoping it gets to be more steady soon.

All of the ltl's are slow in my area. It's a double edged sword, you hire when it's busy to keep up, then you have too many when it slows down.

Frt has been slow for everyone, IH,since December... lots of ltl's have drivers either sitting home,or have some laid off. My guess is industries in this country,and elsewhere,are waiting to see what Trump does in the next few months,but with the way the Dow is going,it sure seems strange...

I think we have a genius here .. You should come work for OD :15:

I just think you hit a home-run here .. Trump, please lay some concrete economic agenda so we can all get back to work here

Last edited:
When things pick back up, we'll have lines out the door because everyone will want to work for worlds greatest truck ruler.