So can you believe it's still the Unions fault!!!

Unionlife

TB Lurker
Credits
So how about the handful of drivers at the meeting still insisting that it's the Unions Fault that made the company close! Instead of listening to the lawyers information regarding the companies lack of finance and inferior debt they had to bring that up ! Hell even the lawyers stated we heard something regarding an attempt to organize but it had nothing to do with the closing. When are you guys gonna realize that you got it right up the pooper from your beloved company and stop trying to pass the buck! Face it your execs who you thought were your buddies ran the company into the ground. We should be at this time represented by the Union if you would have all used your heads and not given in to the company's idle threats! So it's time to unite as one and take care of this company and let them know we mean business! Thank you to the Lawyers for having patience with some and enlightening others!

Since they have closed,I wont defend the company and some of their practices,no raise in 7 years speak volumes.Were they on the downswing and contemplating closure??Probably...Did the union threat speed up the process???Probably.....Regardless,its a moot point now and as ive said before,90% of the employees will be better off when everything is said and done.

aug 2012 obtained a 45 million dollar loan from prospect capital. 2 quarters ago they re-fi the loan adding 1%, from 3 to 4 for an incurred penalty. value of note/debt was still 35 mil then. 2 quarters later nct files chapter 7. walks like duck, sounds like duck must be duck...something the drivers and prospect capital should have done...duck. drivers going to other job before closing, Houdini around wheeling and dealing... making it look like trying to save nct...hook line and sinker...me thinks me smells a turd...best thing for so many of the drivers...get on with your lives...its over...twice for many...once for the rest...make it a lesson learned...look for a long and well established company...maybe not flashing big money around but showing signs of a stable track record. try not to take the first job that comes along if you can afford not to. it's been a week now....happy trails to you...till we meet again....working for someone else

best thing for so many of the drivers...get on with your lives...its over...twice for many...once for the rest...make it a lesson learned...look for a long and well established company...maybe not flashing big money around but showing signs of a stable track record. try not to take the first job that comes along if you can afford not to. it's been a week now....happy trails to you...till we meet again....working for someone else

Excellent advice sarge.Lots of well established companies hiring...

I was with Jevic when they went under. I was a road driver. It was a blessing for me. Did things hurt? Yes. Took a cut in pay.
Worth it for the peace of mind. Much more relaxed now. Dollars are better now. Grossing the same, but with a 75% decrease
in what I paid for medical.........Oh yeah,had this job within 1 hour of getting the letter

Was it the only reason ,,, nope,,,but it did play a huge factor in the end. Actually what I mean is the 94-94 and having the out come sitting tied up in court hurt any chance of another buying us. Its just a piece of the puzzle that sunks us.