So did any of you risk your life shopping on Black Friday?

If we have an official "DEATH TOLL OF BLACK FRIDAY" headline, our society is going to hell in a hand basket.

We shopped around 5-9 pm that night since we were in Denver near outlet malls. I would never go in the morning when people go crazy, I don't need "stuff" that badly. All we looked for was clothing for ourselves since we hadn't been shopping for clothes in ages, (ages=2 years for us).

Yo Wild@Heart Salvation Army,& Goodwill outlets have pre-enjoyed clothes that cost a lot less then the designer stuff you crave.

Yo Wild@Heart Salvation Army,& Goodwill outlets have pre-enjoyed clothes that cost a lot less then the designer stuff you crave.

Yo Apo, where do you think I get the majority of my clothing? I don't think I have ever had "designer" clothing. I am very frugal...that would be why I was down to my last pair of jeans.
Everything I purchased was 50% off, two items I got were on a 50% off clearance rack with the additional store wide 50% off that. I then got the store credit card for another 15% my total purchase..and didn't put a dime on the credit card. So I effectively got $600 worth of goods for around $200, and I probably won't shop again for another 2 years ;)

Everything I purchased was 50% off, two items I got were on a 50% off clearance rack with the additional store wide 50% off that. I then got the store credit card for another 15% my total purchase..and didn't put a dime on the credit card. So I effectively got $600 worth of goods for around $200, and I probably won't shop again for another 2 years ;)

your 50% off of this, 50% off of that, and 15% of another, reminds me of a joke a comedian said during the 1970's gasoline crisis.....

basically, it all had to do with "gas saving snake oil products", (this is all paraphrased, as i totally forget the exact words, but, you'll get the point)

"i bought this gadget, gave me 10% more gas mileage, then i got this other thingy, gave me 25% more gas mileage, then i installed this thing-a-ma-bob, and i got 12% more gas mileage, hell, i had to pull over, and let some gas OUT of my tank"...!!!