So far, so good!

Chicken_Man

TB Lurker
Credits
I like my new job at Pate Dawson so far. I started Monday, went in for 'orientation' if you want to call it that. I filled out paperwork and got an employee handbook, got there about 9:45 and was out by noon. Had to come in Monday night, wait, Tuesday morning at 2 to run 3 stops that were split off the Knoxville, Tn. route. 3 stops, about 450 cases and one breakdown :( later, I was off around noon but it would of been 10ish if not for the mechanical problem we ran into.

I ran a Columbia, SC route Wednesday morning, 7 stops and 950 cases. It was me and another new guy with another guy that was training us on the route. I started out driving and we left at around midnight, I drove about an hour and the guy asked me to pull over. He needed to look for the scanner. After tearing the truck apart and not finding it he decided that we needed to return to the shop and said he would drive since he messed up and left the scanner. When we got back he found it in his car, lol, and I offered to drive but he said he would so I got a good 2 hour nap on the drive. So we got back around 2 Wednesday afternoon but would have been back around 11 or so if we hadn't had to turn around for the scanner. He said if you lose a scanner they will charge you $3500 for it, it will come out of your check weekly. That sounds pretty crazy to me, my supervisor told me that if you run it over or break it their insurance will cover it and you won't be charged a dime, but just don't lose it. I will be protecting that thing with my life, lol. Tonight I head out at midnight, so I'm going to catch another nap then watch as much of the Falcons game as possible before heading out!

If you know anyone in the Atlanta area looking for a job in foodservice send me a PM, they are still looking to hire at least one more driver before they rebid the routes in January.

PDC.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Your picture didn't show up CM, but I'm glad your happy, it really makes a difference in a persons life!

I can't get the link to work.