So Long Jevic

Carolina Cowboy

TB Lurker
Credits
Well, Looks like this is it. The posts are coming fewer and farther between. A lot of lives have been adversely affected by the events over the last couple of months. It was great while it lasted. I'm thinking that most of the employees affected by this shut down have found new employment. Everyone knew that we would land back on our feet. It doesn't make what happened any less tragic. I remember not long ago, Traveling down the highway in my big ol' "Blue Truck". Passing most other company vehicles. We didn't make quite as much as some. But still made a great living. And didn't have to kill ourselves doing so. We held our heads as high as anyone on the highway. Then as if overnight not long after Harry sold us out. Things started changing. Not fast, Just little things at first. But little by little things changed. It wasn't long before the writing was clearly on the wall. I, along with several others just had the feeling that things were going down the crapper, And fast. We were ridiculed and vilified for speaking our minds. But I understand why. Most were just trying to take up for their company, And were hoping for the best. All I can say it was a tragic misfortune that happened to what I believe to be the best gathering of people at one company. It was truly an honor for me to work with all of you. A lot of you I have met. Some I haven't. But overall you were still a great bunch of people. Remember when saying we were "The Best of the Best" actually meant something? Here's to hoping that all the ones that haven't landed a new job will do so soon. Also I hope that everyone that has something coming to them gets everything they are due and more. It would be nice to dip into some of those Golden Parachutes. This will possibly be my last post to the Jevic board. Except maybe to reply to someone else's thread. Cheers!!!!:smilie_132:

Jevic was unique. Never have I been associated with an organization where everyone acted like they had a skin in the game. You walked through both buildings in J1 and everyone was on the same page. Johnny and Ed keeping the joint in shape. Unbelieveable guys. Always with a smile and always getting things done. My boys in local dispatch. What a crew. For nearly 8 years bringin them doughnuts as an excuse for me to get to hang with them and learn what's going on. From Madman Neal, to barely a pulse Timmy. Just a bunch of hard working great guys who gave a darn about what they did every day. The support people in quotes and customer service. More people who every day came in to do their best, for the Best of the Best.

On the sales side, we had the best in the business. No one more professional, no one more effective.

My local driver group. The single biggest reason for any success I had. Mr Mothertrucker second to none!, double J, Fleegs, the Baltimore boys: Eric, Mike, Jim, Lee (Jim K with an unfortunate rear end accident costing him his job). Center city Mike. Then guys like Localdriver, who I met later on. Another guy I'd kill to work with at some point again. Timmy T in Lakewood, became another friend beyind work. Pat Sr, Pat Jr, pair a great guys! Then there's Big Mike who did the Castrol in Warminster. This guy's so good, Castrol forced brand X to hire him in order to get the business!!! I'm sure I'm forgetting some names, but you get the point:

Jevic Transportation, Inc, as an enitity was an anomilly in business. We were all pulling in the same direction. We all had the passion. I hope for eveyone as they continue to land on their feet, that they are able to find another home they can be passionate about.

Excellent Summary

You've both about said it just the way it was. I've left other companies and never had contact with anyone again, but it's much different leaving here. I really have made friends for life and will continue to be in contact with them. Guess we'll all be trying to replace what we had there, but it will be very hard to do. Thanks for the great times everyone!

Jevic was unique. Never have I been associated with an organization where everyone acted like they had a skin in the game. You walked through both buildings in J1 and everyone was on the same page. Johnny and Ed keeping the joint in shape. Unbelieveable guys. Always with a smile and always getting things done. My boys in local dispatch. What a crew. For nearly 8 years bringin them doughnuts as an excuse for me to get to hang with them and learn what's going on. From Madman Neal, to barely a pulse Timmy. Just a bunch of hard working great guys who gave a darn about what they did every day. The support people in quotes and customer service. More people who every day came in to do their best, for the Best of the Best.

On the sales side, we had the best in the business. No one more professional, no one more effective.

My local driver group. The single biggest reason for any success I had. Mr Mothertrucker second to none!, double J, Fleegs, the Baltimore boys: Eric, Mike, Jim, Lee (Jim K with an unfortunate rear end accident costing him his job). Center city Mike. Then guys like Localdriver, who I met later on. Another guy I'd kill to work with at some point again. Timmy T in Lakewood, became another friend beyind work. Pat Sr, Pat Jr, pair a great guys! Then there's Big Mike who did the Castrol in Warminster. This guy's so good, Castrol forced brand X to hire him in order to get the business!!! I'm sure I'm forgetting some names, but you get the point:

Jevic Transportation, Inc, as an enitity was an anomilly in business. We were all pulling in the same direction. We all had the passion. I hope for eveyone as they continue to land on their feet, that they are able to find another home they can be passionate about.

You hit the nail on the herad. I would blame you and those darn doughnuts for my heart attack, but there were many other thing that helped that happen.
There are only a few things I won't miss at Jevic 1.That dang LehPr in Pennsauken(good riddence)2.The J9 closing and coming to J1 fiasco(poor Dave W. getting used as a scape for the VP of Operations and the VP of NE operations) 3. Robots Competitions(If you see that where you work next let fedex handle the whole thing). 4. Pulling Shuttles. Everything else was pretty chill. :hide:
I liked helping drivers at the window. Loading trucks on occassion was a welcomed change of pace. The drivers good and bad alike were all interesting in their own way(BIG UPS!!). All my coworkers in dispatch ,there wasn't one of them that I would hesitate to call friend.:1036316054:
Everybody keep it real. Remember it is not what Jevic did for you , but what you did for Jevic that counts and you should be proud of it.:smilie_132:

Thanks gabby!! Come over to the big" R",
Chelli is over here!! doing his sales thing, it's a pretty good terminal with good management. I've been in center city Philly all week with the straight truck, I should be back on the Jersey side next week with "Mothertrucker". You would make a killing over here!!!

See you bye:smilie_132:

R.

well guys a great era has come to an end! I would like to thank the people in OPS" like Larry R. who never gave me a hard time, when i needed a day off, or for not wearing my uniform. and to poor Kevin T. Kev keep your shirt tucked in and only answer 1 phone ,and he really gave anybody any crap.To the mechanics out in the shop, Little Joe,Darrell,Little Kenney,Rob,Chris,and yes even greasey James and the other guys, you guys did a good job at keeping the fleet going.Then there is the sales staff there were a few i worked with real close Gabby you were one hell of a guy to work with and a really good friend I would follow you any where because i know in your heart you try and always do a great job Bonnie,Debbie and yes BIG Al. Then there is the unsung heros of the company, i call the back bone. THE DOCK GUY"S what can i say those guys worked in the freezing cold and some of the worst heat, all i can say there is you dock guys rock. To the drivers and jockey's you guys were some of the most decaded guys i have ever met to my boy hunglo i will miss ya buddy to all of the drivers who were funny and made the job fun i will miss you all as i hope to see some of you guys out on the street. as for me i moved on amd got lucky to get on with ROADWAY. SO I SAY THIS TO ALL. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS IT HAS BEEN REAL AND I HOPE ThAT ALL LAND ON YOUR FEET WITH A GOOD JOB. ANY COMPANY WOULD BE LUCKY TO HAVE YOU GUYS. THAT FAT LADY HAS SUNG!!!!

You should find a couple of more trailers and make them in to condo's, Sun C. will never miss them! they would be more usefull up there, then trying to sell them for pennies on the dollar.

did jevic just completly shut their doors or got bought out?? sounded like a pretty good place to work. good luck to all of you in finding a new job that suits you and your families i know it must be hard trying to start all over again

hey jevic mngt-1k cash and ill tell you where a trl is in upstate new york-hurry up b4 its turned into a hunting cabin-

:hysterical: warn a person next time!! I need one of them there nascar official tear offs for my monitor !!! Dasani does not do a laptop good! :hysterical:

Well looks like this is winding down. So good luck
to all ex coworkers. Local driver and Mothertrucker Ill see you guys around philly look for me in your local postal truck. It fills good to be a TEAMSTER.

teamster?`

Good luck with everything, I did not know the USPS was represented by the Teamsters Union . thanks for getting the checks delivered on time :smilie_132:

j2 local

Well looks like it's FedEx Freight for me. I'll miss everyone, and all the friends I've made. I have to say though it was blast.

Al :smilie_132: