TForce | So much for the bid process

bamaboy said:
Greezy Trucker,

Now let me see...you were making $.4858 in 12/05 and that went to $.5073 in 2/06 and will go to $.5173 in 7/06. That's over a $.03 per mile increase and you still have three more increase between 7/06 and 7/07. The current top rate for OVNT road is $.5313 and its bound to go up again on 1/1/07. So you will get roughly $.06 increase per mile in a 1.5year span...not bad.
In addition, you are now in a fully funded pension plan with 1.725 contribution (works out to be roughly 51% of average of 5 highest consecutive years earnings. Now that compares to your old MC pension that paid a maximun of $500 per month after 30 years..not bad again.
Also on 7/1 you will have better health care, better dental, better vision, better long term disability, better short term disability, better life insurance. At a better cost.
I guess I just wonder why you focus on the negatives so much?

That has been my question to all the card signers? and What else do they want?

Wassesname: Watkins just sold for roughly $780 million. Overnite sold for $1.25 billion. $43.25 per share represented a premium in excess of 40% over the trading price the day before the announcement. Doesn't sound like a bargain basement price. As for bargain basement company..you are certainly entitled to your opinion but its not shared by me.

Dreemer:
Motor Cargo was a fine company with a great history. You comment on two days from PNX to ABQ is exactly the reason Motor cargo was purchased in the first place. Overnite was not set up to handle regional business in the west. Our network was long haul in the west. We do a pretty good job in the regional markets in the east. I can certainly understand your pride in MC as I'm very proud of Overnite. Now the two are one under UPS Freight. I think the best is ahead of us. I'm starting to see some of your equipment in the east. I know you have some good stuff but we've gotten a few ratty trailers from MC as I'm sure you have from OVNT. Hopefully we'll cycle them all out and have great UPSF equipment.

bamaboy said:
Greezy Trucker,

Now let me see...you were making $.4858 in 12/05 and that went to $.5073 in 2/06 and will go to $.5173 in 7/06. That's over a $.03 per mile increase and you still have three more increase between 7/06 and 7/07. The current top rate for OVNT road is $.5313 and its bound to go up again on 1/1/07. So you will get roughly $.06 increase per mile in a 1.5year span...not bad.
In addition, you are now in a fully funded pension plan with 1.725 contribution (works out to be roughly 51% of average of 5 highest consecutive years earnings. Now that compares to your old MC pension that paid a maximun of $500 per month after 30 years..not bad again.
Also on 7/1 you will have better health care, better dental, better vision, better long term disability, better short term disability, better life insurance. At a better cost.
I guess I just wonder why you focus on the negatives so much?

Ok this is all true.....I guess, have yet to have anyone show me that this pension is what they say it is, the pension that no one is taking part in or receiving.....Answer that question and I will back off that one.....And I am making more per mile and taking home less, minus delay pay is a big deal......Also a company that wants me to donate my time to their cause without compensation just don' feel like they really give a sh$t about me...... I don't trust no one money talks ya know......Not just "GOLDEN CARROTS" being dangled in my face.....Plus Wonder"O" does not impress me....Sorry we all have our opinions ... Bring on the a$$ kicking that UPS has in store for us do what you say and put your money where your mouth is......Also if Wonder"O" is doing all that they can for us than why do they have to have meetings saying how bad the union is? If you are doing the best you got your actions speak for them selves.....There you go!!!!

Dreemer said:
WOW, I'm still trying to figure out how O stayed in business for 80 yrs with crazy O/R, no service (2 days PNX-ALQ:biglaugh:), crushed freight, pissed off employee's and junk equipment. M/C with it's 80+yrs did just fine with better O/R, happy employee's, clean equipment, all kinds of service and tight freight. :duh: What's UPS thinking buying this juke outfit? :duh:

So how can you get an my case for being negative? This is what I am talking about. At MC we kicked a$$ and got the job done. Wasn;t always pretty but if your geting it done that speaks for itself. I DO NOT WANT TO WORK FOR WONDER "O". And if it takes the union to change that then so be it....

bamaboy said:
Wassesname: Watkins just sold for roughly $780 million. Overnite sold for $1.25 billion. $43.25 per share represented a premium in excess of 40% over the trading price the day before the announcement. Doesn't sound like a bargain basement price. As for bargain basement company..you are certainly entitled to your opinion but its not shared by me.

Uh yeah but AF sold for 1.25 billion, what 4 or 5 years ago. This did not include a nation wide company just AF. UPS got a nationwide company for the same price. And I see way more Watkins trucks in this area than I ever saw "O" trucks or even MC trucks for that matter.

bboy...Watkins didnt own all their tractors which is why they fit into fedex operations easily. however I share and appreciate your positive outlook on UPSF future.

I think you pro-union guys are jumping the gun a little bit! We (UPSF) should at least give UPS the chance to complete integration of O and MC, schedualed for July 07'. Im sure more positive changes are coming, be Patient! We can vote for the union at any time.

Dreemer said:
That has been my question to all the card signers? and What else do they want?
We want what all the other LtL carriers get,
Time and half, Full wage delay pay, Sick pay, Seniorty, Full wage break down pay, Full wage weather delay pay, We don't want to wait for the vision!

U-TURN said:
I think you pro-union guys are jumping the gun a little bit! We (UPSF) should at least give UPS the chance to complete integration of O and MC, schedualed for July 07'. Im sure more positive changes are coming, be Patient! We can vote for the union at any time.
Are you saying we should wait for the vision that most of us long timers will never see?

BusterNite said:
We want what all the other LtL carriers get,
Time and half, Full wage delay pay, Sick pay, Seniorty, Full wage break down pay, Full wage weather delay pay, We don't want to wait for the vision!

But hey lets wait they will hand it to us on a silver platter with Perrier!!!! Or is that Krystal Kool-aid....Damn it can never figure it out....And U-turn take all this has open minded as you can.....We all have our opinions but at the end of the day we work for the same company......Tell Kenny W. he is an ugly little fat red head!!!!!

As you know our bid process has been less than desirable where I roll out from daily. But they held our bids til 2 days before they take effect. Which they were trying to get 1 of our bids back, and that was all good. And also trying to get Wonder"O" to permit another tractor so the senoir guy can stay in his tractor, still all good. But the funny thing is the TM told me that he was told to do whatever it takes to keep us happy.....And told me to tell him if I'm at all unhappy with my having to work the dock in the middle of doing a 564 mile turn..... Point being I think they are worried that we will tell them to take their "FLEXIBILITY" up the posterior of the being....Got to love it!!!!!!!! You union haters got to acknowledge the power in just the presence of the HORSE!!!!

if they don't like it here go elsewhere. back in mid 2005 i think it was leo put out a memo that mc drivers would be able to dove tail in because i remember some dallas driver were not happy. also on may 22,2006 leo put out a letter telling us just a tid bit of info on the new "gainsharing" program coming out in 2007 as part of our wages and benefits in 2007. sounds like to me some type of profit sharing?
by chance you have not seen the letter i will scan it and email to you just send me your address

bunypnutdad said:
if they don't like it here go elsewhere. back in mid 2005 i think it was leo put out a memo that mc drivers would be able to dove tail in because i remember some dallas driver were not happy. also on may 22,2006 leo put out a letter telling us just a tid bit of info on the new "gainsharing" program coming out in 2007 as part of our wages and benefits in 2007. sounds like to me some type of profit sharing?
by chance you have not seen the letter i will scan it and email to you just send me your address
Who are they? Are you saying if it wasn't for "some Dallas driver" we wouldn't be able to dovetail in with the rest? Please post that memo, we would really like to see that said on paper.

bunypnutdad said:

So you a Leo supporter? Not being rude just want to know. And they hinted at something about the Gain plan. But the fact remains that if they or Leo and the boys want me to give 2 hrs a night....but have all these "GOLDEN CARROTS" to distract the fact I am away from my family....That means something to me on a day to day basis... Sorry maybe you should go somewhere else....This is a lame thing to say....If you want to debate that is cool but saying that is what makes me want to push even harder to get the union....Because it is comments like that, that tells me if we need to stick together on something, without it, you would be all talk but when it came time fight, you would say if you don't like it go somewhere else and go right back to their b.s.. Sorry if this sounds like a personal assault on your charactor but I work here because I like the company I worked for and have fought very hard to be where I am....And now we are turning the next page...And if it takes a fight to make Leo's dream of "Best in class" come true, then with or without him, I will be part of it. Hopefully without him, but......And you don't receive ANYTHING FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!

You know greezy trucker your a mystery poster to me?

I've noticed your a regular contirbutor to most of the truckingboards, companies message boards.

Most of us posters that work at UPS Freight are very well known for our view on Teamster representation.
For,or against.

Anybody that has been posting for even just a few posts,or many overtime, has come out with what side they feel is right for them.
You however I can't tell where your at?

Maybe thats the way you want it?
Keep everyone guessing,or maybe you just haven't decided what would be best for you?

I really don't mean to be nosey.
I'm just interested in my fellow posters.

NOSEY, INTERESTED, maybe its the same,but interested sounds better.

Whatever, you interest me by your posts,if you want to remain on the fence thats your choice.

Whatever works for you, also works for me.

I apperciate all you posters for sharing your true thoughts.

Thats what this open LTL forum is all about.

I thank God for Jeff for his interest in creating,and maintaining these boards with the help of many others so all of us truckers can vent.