TForce | So much for the bid process

Apostolic said:
I've noticed your a regular contirbutor to most of the truckingboards, companies message boards.

Most of us posters that work at UPS Freight are very well known for our view on Teamster representation.
For,or against.

Anybody that has been posting for even just a few posts,or many overtime, has come out with what side they feel is right for them.
You however I can't tell where your at?

Maybe thats the way you want it?
Keep everyone guessing,or maybe you just haven't decided what would be best for you?

I really don't mean to be nosey.
I'm just interested in my fellow posters.

NOSEY, INTERESTED, maybe its the same,but interested sounds better.

Whatever, you interest me by your posts,if you want to remain on the fence thats your choice.

Whatever works for you, also works for me.

I apperciate all you posters for sharing your true thoughts.

Thats what this open LTL forum is all about.

I thank God for Jeff for his interest in creating,and maintaining these boards with the help of many others so all of us truckers can vent.

PRO UNION all the way!!!!! But I am trapped in a small terminal between three large terminals.....And my job is highly dictated by what they do....But at the same time I am open minded and must call certain things out that I see....And I am highly SARCASTIC... It makes life more fun....I try to not take myself very seriously or any body else....Just along for the ride....

BusterNite said:
Are you saying we should wait for the vision that most of us long timers will never see?

Unless you are retiring this year it ain't going to take much longer to make a few simple corrections. Hang on a little while longer.

I say give them a chance to make UPSF a little leaner and meaner. I can say the barn I work out of none of us deserve a raise till we get it together more.

I don't think going out with 16 stops and bringing back 3 because you are over worked deserves big raises right now.

There are a lot of things we need to correct first. We need to learn now you need to produce to receive.

That is unless you have the mind set of SOME teamsters. It's all about what the company makes not how we produce as workers.:duh:

greezy trucker said:
heres a nice little tid bit.....Not only is there an hour we had to give up but on the runs that go to the wonder "O" yard....The out time on your turn is 2 hours after your arrival time....So lets see....We give an hour at the start of our run,three hours in the middle and pray that there is no road closure in either direction so we can donate another 4 hours..... Where is the good part of this deal!!!!!!????????????

Keep on beating that dead horse. I don't believe anyone that works here likes this.

However, Most of us believe the vision will be changing this. I was talking to a UPS sleeper team at some point they have to give up 2 hours. I forget how it occurs but it does happen.

So just chill out they will correct it. I will be here to say I told you so.:smilie_132:

Skeeter said:
Keep on beating that dead horse. I don't believe anyone that works here likes this.

However, Most of us believe the vision will be changing this. I was talking to a UPS sleeper team at some point they have to give up 2 hours. I forget how it occurs but it does happen.

So just chill out they will correct it. I will be here to say I told you so.:smilie_132:
OK HOTROD and that dead horse is the problem....And who knows when they put the pinch on you and you don't like it.....I will be there to share the LOVE.....And the 2 hr thing with UPS has already been discussed...It is at the end of their run and only if the other truck is late not because the hub or teminal can't do their job....

bamaboy said:
Wassesname: Watkins just sold for roughly $780 million. Overnite sold for $1.25 billion. $43.25 per share represented a premium in excess of 40% over the trading price the day before the announcement. Doesn't sound like a bargain basement price. As for bargain basement company..you are certainly entitled to your opinion but its not shared by me.

bamaboy, You know these guys have got to put UPSF formerly Overnite down. It's the day and age we are in. I bet if we were to go union which we won't these same guys wouldn't run out of things to bad mouth the company about.

Probably you would hear them bad mouthing the company about how hard and much more they have to produce.

Skeeter said:
bamaboy, You know these guys have got to put UPSF formerly Overnite down. It's the day and age we are in. I bet if we were to go union which we won't these same guys wouldn't run out of things to bad mouth the company about.

Probably you would hear them bad mouthing the company about how hard and much more they have to produce.
You are funny.....Provoke and you shall sleep better....

bamaboy said:
Dreemer:
Motor Cargo was a fine company with a great history. You comment on two days from PNX to ABQ is exactly the reason Motor cargo was purchased in the first place. Overnite was not set up to handle regional business in the west. Our network was long haul in the west. We do a pretty good job in the regional markets in the east. I can certainly understand your pride in MC as I'm very proud of Overnite. Now the two are one under UPS Freight. I think the best is ahead of us. I'm starting to see some of your equipment in the east. I know you have some good stuff but we've gotten a few ratty trailers from MC as I'm sure you have from OVNT. Hopefully we'll cycle them all out and have great UPSF equipment.

How refreshing I like your style.:smilie_132:

Originally Posted by bamaboy
Greezy Trucker,

Now let me see...you were making $.4858 in 12/05 and that went to $.5073 in 2/06 and will go to $.5173 in 7/06. That's over a $.03 per mile increase and you still have three more increase between 7/06 and 7/07. The current top rate for OVNT road is $.5313 and its bound to go up again on 1/1/07. So you will get roughly $.06 increase per mile in a 1.5year span...not bad.
In addition, you are now in a fully funded pension plan with 1.725 contribution (works out to be roughly 51% of average of 5 highest consecutive years earnings. Now that compares to your old MC pension that paid a maximun of $500 per month after 30 years..not bad again.
Also on 7/1 you will have better health care, better dental, better vision, better long term disability, better short term disability, better life insurance. At a better cost.
I guess I just wonder why you focus on the negatives so much?

greezy trucker said:
Ok this is all true.....I guess, have yet to have anyone show me that this pension is what they say it is, the pension that no one is taking part in or receiving.....Answer that question and I will back off that one.....And I am making more per mile and taking home less, minus delay pay is a big deal......Also a company that wants me to donate my time to their cause without compensation just don' feel like they really give a sh$t about me...... I don't trust no one money talks ya know......Not just "GOLDEN CARROTS" being dangled in my face.....Plus Wonder"O" does not impress me....Sorry we all have our opinions ... Bring on the a$$ kicking that UPS has in store for us do what you say and put your money where your mouth is......Also if Wonder"O" is doing all that they can for us than why do they have to have meetings saying how bad the union is? If you are doing the best you got your actions speak for them selves.....There you go!!!!

greezy trucker said:
Ok this is all true.....I guess:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :biglaugh:

Skeeter said:
That is unless you have the mind set of SOME teamsters. It's all about what the company makes not how we produce as workers.
What the Company makes is a direct result of how the workers produce, Skeet, and we all know it.

Skeeter... when you bring your car in for work you dont tell him how nice it is, you tell him what is wrong with it and want it fixed. is it being neg. if you say you need alignment or there is a loud noise in back. no, just fix it.

Skeeter said:
Greezy Trucker,

Now let me see...you were making $.4858 in 12/05 and that went to $.5073 in 2/06 and will go to $.5173 in 7/06. That's over a $.03 per mile increase and you still have three more increase between 7/06 and 7/07. The current top rate for OVNT road is $.5313 and its bound to go up again on 1/1/07. So you will get roughly $.06 increase per mile in a 1.5year span...not bad.
In addition, you are now in a fully funded pension plan with 1.725 contribution (works out to be roughly 51% of average of 5 highest consecutive years earnings. Now that compares to your old MC pension that paid a maximun of $500 per month after 30 years..not bad again.
Also on 7/1 you will have better health care, better dental, better vision, better long term disability, better short term disability, better life insurance. At a better cost.

greezy trucker said:
We have seen nothing about the new pension, we are still under Motor Cargo Pension. I'm not being negitave, just want to see what they are offering. If they would be up-front with the +'s, instead of -'s right out of the gate we would not be complaining, well maybe I'm speaking for myself. Any issues I have with overnite has nothing to do with the employees.

wassesname said:
Skeeter... when you bring your car in for work you dont tell him how nice it is, you tell him what is wrong with it and want it fixed. is it being neg. if you say you need alignment or there is a loud noise in back. no, just fix it.

No I don't mind being vocal about what needs fixing and I think we should. But it is the way some go about it.

There are a lot of competitors here and some get a big kick out of it if the big UPS (UPSF) is having problems. I know a lot of FedEx has their fingers crossed hoping we go union. But not for the reason you might think.

You don't see them pushing for it. And don't try to tell me they got it so much better please. We are making more not to mention our benefits are far Superior.

UPS is #1 and it's staying that way. UPSF we be a major player and will stay that way. That's the way I see it.

bamaboy said:
Greezy Trucker,

Just for a perspective, .06 cpm times 500 miles per night-times 10 (three and two) is $300 a tad bit more than I am already missing now. Wouldn't it be great if we were getting that plus another $200 to $300 per pay check? This an employee thing not a your company my company thing. You see, they knew what they were doing when they proposed this to us, even with the so-called big raise in cpm it's basically equal, for some drivers that are doing meets it will be less. I've explained to disp, TM, HR, about this (I know I'm on a watch closely list somewhere) and it does not matter,(in one ear out the other) We all have a chance to get paid for all our time, why not take advantage of it and unite, were not going to put UPS out of bussiness neither is the teamsters if voted in.

Skeeter said:
Greezy Trucker,

greezy trucker said:
HUH?????? You got it all in writing and know our future is all secure???

wassesname said:
i base my opinions on fact so you know what that is, and getting back to bids
He only makes these comments to get your goat and increase his post count but never really says anything.....Can you actually debate anything or just make short repeated comments skeeter?