New Penn | So what are the New Penn feelings on the YRC merger?

unfortunitly,i think we will be under the yrc brand for a very long time.yrc will continue to try and turn this new y/r into a super sized npme with next day and 2nd day delivery but will never queit get it right, no matter how hard they try or what they try to implament change wise. they will probably take some of our customers by low balling price wise and be able to because of there volume as long as economey is in the shi#$er. when the economey starts running like a freight train out of control again-and eventualy it will- customers will be glad to pay for npme ontime and basically claim free service. i don't think this y/r will be able to change there philosiphy,from office to dispatch to dockworkers to drivers ,into an overnight company like npme. they'll never have that "sense of urgentcy" that gets things done at npme day in and out.the more they merge companys and close terminals and jobs are lost, less senoir guys will go first,the ones most likely to maybe adapt to the changes,the less likely, they will make themselfs a overnight or 2nd day carrier.the moral will be sh&t the whole way through there system.there only hope is for deseil to drop to a point were the fuel sur-charge is the big money maker it was several years ago.that profit covers up alot of management mistakes and makes them look great in the eyes of the stock market analyst. of course this is all just my take on these changes going on,so i guess only time will tell what happens at the mighty YRCW.

my thoughts are: if they are merging yellow and roadway, how long before they merge us and holland and reddaway?

I don`t think that will ever happen.

i agree with you on this. we at NPME basically took over where Red Star left off. it was a seemless transition due to the fact that both carriers operated and covered the same areas. our interline system with USF's seems to be doing just fine:1036316054:

Nothing to be worried about. Bottom line is we need to ensure we are providing the best possible service to our customers, get the deliveries to them as early as possible so they can use the product to ship outbound with us. Can not have any missed pick-ups, period. Remember, New Penn opens for business daily at 2:00PM, when our pick-ups start for tomorrows deliveries!....:clap:

worried

i don't think things are looking real good for us. All I see anymore is interline freight. I bet 1/2 of our outbound is interline. Its freight but it isn't our freight. Any company can go out there and low bid a 4 skid move going to california. We need to beat duie pyle on a 4 skid move going to boston. Until I see a concentration on getting some of our freight back, I will be worried. One more thing is moral. This company is no where near what it was 10 years ago when I started. Too many quotas. I think they need to also let us know how the company is doing. What is the O.R.? why don't they tell us? Enough from me, i could ramble on for pages and pages.

d.j.

i don't think things are looking real good for us. All I see anymore is interline freight. I bet 1/2 of our outbound is interline. Its freight but it isn't our freight. Any company can go out there and low bid a 4 skid move going to california. We need to beat duie pyle on a 4 skid move going to boston. Until I see a concentration on getting some of our freight back, I will be worried. One more thing is moral. This company is no where near what it was 10 years ago when I started. Too many quotas. I think they need to also let us know how the company is doing. What is the O.R.? why don't they tell us? Enough from me, i could ramble on for pages and pages.

d.j.
I have been here 21 years and could not agree more ,we were always shown the numbers and were asked for input-shown directly how are efferts and or screw ups affected everyone,quotas kill service, it also seems like the flexability too.

I'm coming here as an outsider to throw my 2 cents in on this topic.
NewPenn has always had the best operating ratio of any LTL trucking company in the industry.
They use mostly long vans,and don't mash their freight in them, in order to keep the freight claims down.

In my opinion as a retired city driver that had 45 years in trucking.
NewPenn is the model LTL company that everyother LTL company has always looked up to.
Yellow would do themselves a hugh favor if they just left their hands off of NewPenn, and let them do what they do best.
Which is to get their freight delivered in the same condition they picked it up,as well as turning a profit which they also are so good at doing.

I'm coming here as an outsider to throw my 2 cents in on this topic.
NewPenn has always had the best operating ratio of any LTL trucking company in the industry.
They use mostly long vans,and don't mash their freight in them, in order to keep the freight claims down.

In my opinion as a retired city driver that had 45 years in trucking.
NewPenn is the model LTL company that everyother LTL company has always looked up to.
Yellow would do themselves a hugh favor if they just left their hands off of NewPenn, and let them do what they do best.
Which is to get their freight delivered in the same condition they picked it up,as well as turning a profit which they also are so good at doing.

You are right and I agree with you. However, they can't let well enough alone and they won't let well enough alone. They will do just enough to mess this up. All you need to do is look at their history with acquisitions. When was the last time they bought a company and either left it alone or made it better?

Not in the last 30 years at least.

Yellow will spin off NPME, possibly Holland and Reddaway also.

HELLO !!!!!

Haven't we all seen this movie before.....Preston, SAIA, Jevic
Why will this be any different. I am not saying that NPME will fail
during or after a sell off, but they WILL not be part of YRCW.

It will take about 2 years, but they will get spun off or sold.

That was what I thought and then it was explained that, if the company was spun off, part of the deal would be for YRCW to assume the unfunded pension liabilities. It can be worked into the purchase price and that would give the company a fresh start, while giving YRCW a nice cash infusion, by selling their most profitable assest.

I was completely with you guys, that NPME was going to die with Yellow, but after it was explained, by someone with a lot more knowledge than I will ever have, it seemed to make more sense. And this guy has actually sold a small union carrier a few years back...

No need to worry brother, Yellow couldn't compete with you when they were solo and it aint gonna happen merged with REX. You guys got the NorthEast corridor on lockdown, I'll put my money on a "Green Machine" over a Blue nosed Diesel anytime.