New Penn | So what are the New Penn feelings on the YRC merger?

No need to worry brother, Yellow couldn't compete with you when they were solo and it aint gonna happen merged with REX. You guys got the NorthEast corridor on lockdown, I'll put my money on a "Green Machine" over a Blue nosed Diesel anytime.

talkin bout ABF ????:hysterical::hysterical::rofl2::bananalama:

That was what I thought and then it was explained that, if the company was spun off, part of the deal would be for YRCW to assume the unfunded pension liabilities. It can be worked into the purchase price and that would give the company a fresh start, while giving YRCW a nice cash infusion, by selling their most profitable assest.

I was completely with you guys, that NPME was going to die with Yellow, but after it was explained, by someone with a lot more knowledge than I will ever have, it seemed to make more sense. And this guy has actually sold a small union carrier a few years back...

reffering to Howards express?:smilie_132:
or some other dueschbag carrier:biglaugh:

That was what I thought and then it was explained that, if the company was spun off, part of the deal would be for YRCW to assume the unfunded pension liabilities. It can be worked into the purchase price and that would give the company a fresh start, while giving YRCW a nice cash infusion, by selling their most profitable assest.

I was completely with you guys, that NPME was going to die with Yellow, but after it was explained, by someone with a lot more knowledge than I will ever have, it seemed to make more sense. And this guy has actually sold a small union carrier a few years back...

While this makes sense, here is my problem with this statement: "YRCW to assume the unfunded pension liabilities. It can be worked into the purchase price and that would give the company a fresh start, while giving YRCW a nice cash infusion, by selling their most profitable asset".

If YRC assumes the pension debt, that would reduce their cash infusion. They would have to sell for less it it were part of the deal.