TForce | So What Do We Expect From Our Contract !!!

mossbackman

TB Lurker
Credits
Lots of this and that about being union or non union on this site. But if and when we go union, what do you expect from your contract !!!

All you anti union people, what don't you want from the union.

Lets tell the teamsters and Indy what we want !!!

This is your chance to get those issues that are of a concern out there so the guys in Indy can read them and negiote them.

Conerned Citizen is a member in Indy that reads this board and is on the committee.

Let's here it, post them here or forever hold your peace.

T251

union contract

I want hourly rate for fueling,drops and hooks etc. Also full scale for delay and breakdown without giving up any free time. NMFA pay scale would be fair as would a low cost quality health plan. As a team driver I would also like to see the .025 cents per mile per diem the team parcel drivers get. A minimum bunk size for the sleeper would be nice as well! Concerned Citizen be looking for e-mails from me in the future as I am comparing the NMFA and UPS Masters as well as supplements with each other to see what would be REASONABLE to ask for. Just want to make sure I get my 2 cents in since I am not from Indy and drive team as well. Come on boys and girls. Let's see some input here. Voice your desires so the people in INDY have a good idea of our concerns.

Along with what some of the things Old School said...I want ALL my time that I have in the retirement program. If the Union wants the money that Overnite has been putting into the pension program towards my retirement, I want it all to carry on with me so I can retire when I'm 55 with 30 years if I choose.

Rebel said:
Along with what some of the things Old School said...I want ALL my time that I have in the retirement program. If the Union wants the money that Overnite has been putting into the pension program towards my retirement, I want it all to carry on with me so I can retire when I'm 55 with 30 years if I choose.
Your non union pension funds will freeze if and when you become a teamster. You will get all that you have coming to you when you are eligable. The teamsters will not touch those funds.

My 2 Bits

2-15 minute breaks besides the 1/2 hour lunch. Time and a half after eight hours and Saturdays. Double time Sundays and hoidays. Master seniority list. 5 personal days and 5 sick days a year, (to be bought back if not used by December 1st.) City bids for new positions available as well as Jan 1st bid and July 1st city bids. Road bids anually on July 1st. More $$$ an hour. I could go on, but this would be a nice start. Oh and food for me parrot arrgghhh :pirate2:

Rebel said:
did somebody tell you it is their plan to get that money? if so who told you this.

Pension

Im told by our parcel brothers that UPS pays the union $189 per week towards his pension. Out of that amount, his own pension fund gets credited $49 and the rest goes elsewhere.
Lets keep our pension with UPS. If the union really wants us then this wont be a hangup.
Otherwise, lets stay non union.
Also, it would be nice to get OT after 8 instead of 43.

joefirm said:
Im told by our parcel brothers that UPS pays the union $189 per week towards his pension. Out of that amount, his own pension fund gets credited $49 and the rest goes elsewhere.
Lets keep our pension with UPS. If the union really wants us then this wont be a hangup.

Article 69 Section 1 PENSION FUND

Commencting with the first day of August , 2006, the said hourly contribution rate shall be $5.06 but not more than $202.40 per week for any one employee.

That money ( in my case) goes to the New England Teamster and Trucking Industry Pension Fund (NETTIPF)

Each month UPS reports to the Teamster locals the amounts contributed to, in behalf of an employee, on a computer readout.
No where on that computer readout does it breakdown that a certain amount goes into a certain persons "own pensionfund" and the other amount goes "elsewhere".

You recieve credit hours, for monies received, that calculate to a monthly and year credit on which your pension payment is based and the age at which are to recieve your pension with or without full credit.

That "so called division of payment" is UPS Management Proporganda that is put out each quarter to employees to brainwash them into thinking they should vote for UPS management to take over the Teamster Pension Fund.

Now I ask you who wants control of what?

It's all about how has the money?

What you have heard from this package driver is his interuptation of UPS's brainwashing. He thinks that he is only getting $49 a week credit. ( I'd like to see him prove his statements on paper). Okay, explain this if he is only getting $49 a week credit how is his pension going to be over $3000 per month in thirty years. Do the math.

49 x 52 = 2548 per year credit (assumed credit)

2548 x 30 = 76440 (assumed credit)

Retirement due $3000 per month (Projected payment)

3000 x 12 = 36000 per year
36000 x 2.5 years = 90000
Looks like by his formula he rans out of money sometime after 25 months.

The moneis that are contributed on the behalf of the employee go to the fund.
It is the funds responsiblity to administer the fund along with Trustees from the Teamsters and Employers 50/50.

They administer the funds to pay those that are retired, the same will happen to you if you retire. Active members will pay for you and keep the funds healthy and growing.

In your view you belive that all certain monies that are contributed on your behalf, be in actuallity yours.

Question?
How much per week does Overnite UPSF contribute to your fund on your behalf?
How much per hour?
How much if you are on Workmans Comp?
How is the monies that Overnite/UPSF invested to keep your "own" pension solvent and healthy.

No one has been able to answer these quesations on this board and I quite honestly don't expect you to either, much less already know the info for yourself.

Again this is the propaganda machine seeping into your thinking. Only now you're getting in from both ends.

I believe you will get close to what is in the nmfc as far as sick and personal days As far as vacation time and holidays ,every supplement is different I am under the metro ny supplement and we get three weeks vacation after the third year where other supplements are after the eigth year .holidays are also different.I also believe there are other reasons that Indy was picked and I am sure there will be those who disagree but i think it will be about work rules ....CRAZY

Old School said:
Also full scale for delay and breakdown without giving up any free time. NMFA pay scale would be fair as would a low cost quality health plan.
Your healthcare shouldn't cost you a thing.....both UPS Master and NMFA provide free healthcare.

joefirm said:
I could go along with that.

Rebel said:
I could go along with that.
Rebel,
What you're willing to going along with is based on missinformation. See Teamster251's post about Article 69-Pensions.......that's the truth. Don't base your choice on secondhand info that is alleged to have come from a UPS Teamster from a new poster who none of us know yet.

crazy said:
I believe you will get close to what is in the nmfc as far as sick and personal days As far as vacation time and holidays ,every supplement is different I am under the metro ny supplement and we get three weeks vacation after the third year where other supplements are after the eigth year .holidays are also different.I also believe there are other reasons that Indy was picked and I am sure there will be those who disagree but i think it will be about work rules ....CRAZY
crazy what local are you in? 3 wks after 3 years is a pretty sweet deal. don't tell me 701