TForce | So What Do We Expect From Our Contract !!!

Johnnybegood said:
I agree show me in writing...As far as we know we'll be paying to join.....
As I said, Everything will be in writing when the Indy contract is drafted and agreed apon. And then you will have the facts to make an informed desicion.

joefirm said:
Im told by our parcel brothers that UPS pays the union $189 per week towards his pension. Out of that amount, his own pension fund gets credited $49 and the rest goes elsewhere.
Lets keep our pension with UPS. If the union really wants us then this wont be a hangup.
Otherwise, lets stay non union.
Also, it would be nice to get OT after 8 instead of 43.

T251..I think what he is referring to here is that all the money that UPS puts into these multi-employer plans does not go to UPS employees. Someone has to pay the pensions of those that worked at CF, Red Star, APA, and many others that went out of business. That's how these plans work..the healthy companies are left holding the bag when the others go out of business.
Since you mentioned the New England plan, I did some research. Your plan has $3.067 billion in assets and $5.627 billion in liabilities for a 54% funding rate. Meaning $.54 cents to cover every dollar owed. With more retirees and less active employees..not looking good.

How about pushing for a retirement plan that doesn't have anything to do with the Centralstate fund. maybe one that's for UPS employees only. They could negotiate this with the UPS parcel side. That way we don't have to worry about the master freight workers draining the kitty.

BusterNite said:
NO, Indy was selected to draft a master contract for the whole company.
Wrong ...............Everyone else will still have to make their own.....There are way to many Terminals in to many states some with right to work rules some without...

Johnnybegood said:
Wrong ...............Everyone else will still have to make their own.....There are way to many Terminals in to many states some with right to work rules some without...
JBG,
You might want to check your info again.....the Indy deal will be the deal for all of the other terminals to vote on. Right to freeload, I mean work, has nothing to do with Contract negotiations.

JBG,
I'm sure not always right, but if you would've paid attention on this issue, you would've known that the Indy deal is going to be the UPSF Contract.

STL,

I was on another board, UPS union and saw this thread. Can you tell me if it is true? Do you have to pay this much $$ for well visits or physicals?
Thanks, just trying to find the truth...

We all in CS know all too well about the Health Benefit cuts. I am almost afraid to go to my personal doctor, usually its a major out of pocket cost. I have high blood pressure, have to get medicine to keep my DOT Card so I can work. If the Doc codes the visit as a "well visit", CS refuses payment to him or the associated Lab Tests. If I take off a day from work to go, I lose a day's pay, and fork out the doctor's bill and the lab charges. Sometimes this cost me anywhere from $750- $1000 total. CS used to pay this, they don't now under the Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan I am on.

I went to a UPS Contract Proposal Meeting at Teamster Local 728 in Atlanta yesterday. Low turnout of members, sad to say. The Pension and excessive overtime were big issues bought up. As much as I come on hear and gripe about Central States and my Pension, I have come to the conclusion we are stuck with it and will have to make the best of it. I don't see anyway that the Teamsters will allow us to get into some other plan. If UPS was able to take over the Pensions, that would be the end of the IBT.

Bama,
I can't say for sure if that's accurate or not. I hear some grumbling about how the costs to the members have gone up in certain cases, but as for me and my wife we haven't seen any increses so far. A $20.00 co-pay that used to be $10.00 at the Dr's office, but that's about it. I had rotator cuff surgery 9-04 and only paid about $120.00 and not a penny for the rehab. It was not Workman's Comp either. I will say that I've seen guys get a bill that CS has refused to pay, but in time they ended up paying it.....a pain in the a@@ for the member, but it was paid.

Johnnybegood said:
Thats right you are always right..Why question Teamster authority.........i guess being a moderator you can take away rep power....

JBG, mods do not have the power to change your rep points. The level you are at now is the rep you have been given by your peers here on the boards

Johnnybegood said:
Thats right you are always right..Why question Teamster authority.........i guess being a moderator you can take away rep power....

You're ok in my book there Johnny

CFer said:
JBG, mods do not have the power to change your rep points. The level you are at now is the rep you have been given by your peers here on the boards
Yes, its kinda like the peer review board that you respect so much.

BusterNite said:
Yes, its kinda like the peer review board that you respect so much.

Wow I have come to the conclusion that I stink!!!!!!! I only have a 7, jbg I am coming in your direction, reverse in full blast.