FedEx Freight | So what should the punishment be?

Crazy Trucker

Busting Clowns daily!!!!
Credits
A road driver who didn't log their 5 to 15 minute breaks? Keep in mind this employee had never been wrote up for anything and was a hard worker with several years seniority. Should he be wrote up, warned, suspended, or even worse? I guess it falls under falsifying log's.

A road driver who didn't log their 5 to 15 minute breaks? Keep in mind this employee had never been wrote up for anything and was a hard worker with several years seniority. Should he be wrote up, warned, suspended, or even worse? I guess it falls under falsifying log's.

Last edited:
I'm with a verbal warning...maybe. I don't really see that it should be an issue. Falsely logging a break to get more driving time would be an infraction though. Isn't 15 minutes the minimum anything one can log?

A
Bingo he got fired. He was stoping for his 15 minute breaks but didn't log them. No to California. The company gives you 2 15 minute breaks right for road drivers?
As usual, it takes a while for the truth to come out.
Yes, we get two 15 min breaks that should be logged as on duty not driving, when you stop the truck for 7 mins or less, no entry is required on the log, 8 minutes or more and you have to log it.
Word is the driver in question was stopping for 15 mins, sometimes up to 30 mins without logging anything.....that's falsifying a log and it will get you terminated....regardless of which side of the fence you're on.

A
As usual, it takes a while for the truth to come out.
Yes, we get two 15 min breaks that should be logged as on duty not driving, when you stop the truck for 7 mins or less, no entry is required on the log, 8 minutes or more and you have to log it.
Word is the driver in question was stopping for 15 mins, sometimes up to 30 mins without logging anything.....that's falsifying a log and it will get you terminated....regardless of which side of the fence you're on.
Absolutely correct.

Last edited:
Should there not at least be a warning first.Or is there a fed ex policy against this first time offence.?????

Seeing how he simply failed to post it seems rather petty in the grand scheme of things. Maybe he was already on the ***** list and this is the excuse they needed to boot 'em. I mean seriously, do you log every instance if you pull off the shoulder and drop a deuce on the road or grab a smoke at the pickle park? I think someone was gunning for him imo. There's no way you'd convince me every road driver here logs a shoulder break

Seeing how he simply failed to post it seems rather petty in the grand scheme of things. Maybe he was already on the ***** list and this is the excuse they needed to boot 'em. I mean seriously, do you log every instance if you pull off the shoulder and drop a deuce on the road or grab a smoke at the pickle park? I think someone was gunning for him imo. There's no way you'd convince me every road driver here logs a shoulder break

If you stop for longer than 7 minutes and 31 seconds you need to log it per the safety man. He was a hard worker early 30's worked the dock and then run his run. You can't tell me he shouldn't have got a warning before being fired. We have one guy who rolled a truck and got a ticket in a work zone all within 6 months and he still has a job.

If you stop for longer than 7 minutes and 31 seconds you need to log it per the safety man. He was a hard worker early 30's worked the dock and then run his run. You can't tell me he shouldn't have got a warning before being fired. We have one guy who rolled a truck and got a ticket in a work zone all within 6 months and he still has a job.
Falsifying a log is a serious offense and if caught, it shall make the driver and/or the company liable for prosecution according the the FMCSA Section 395.8 (e)
http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulations/title49/section/395.8

In some states such as Illinios, a driver caught falsifying a log could face being charged with a felony!
http://www.tortslaw.com/is-falsifying-a-log-book-considered-a-felony/

This is a serious violation that the company doesn't take lightly, therefor falsifying a log will get you terminated.
CT is correct, logging a shoulder break should only occur if that break takes longer than 7mins 31secs, otherwise you don't have to. Although rolling a truck or speeding in work zones are also serious violations, the company doesn't tolerate the falsifying of logs...I've seen two guys get fired for this during my time at AF/FedEx.
I highly recommend everyone log it as they do it, then there's no reason for them to question you.

Also, this is another example of how the company didn't fire this driver, the driver fired himself.