FedEx Freight | So what should the punishment be?

Not necessarily. Be careful with absolutes.
Companies can look the other way with many policy's ... However if you have been part of the effort to unionize you are history. If you attended any union meetings you are done. They know who attends those meetings. Every single one. They always send in a company man or ass kisser as you like to call them to every single union meeting to take names. Once you have that target on your back all I can say is cover your ass. Because one slip is all it will take. And that is as close to an absolute that you will ever get.

Last edited:
Companies can look the other way with many policy's ... However if you have been part of the effort to unionize you are history. If you attended any union meetings you are done. They know who attends those meetings. Every single one. They always send in a company man or ass kisser as you like to call them to every single union meeting to take names. Once you have that target on your back all I can say is cover your ass. Because one slip is all it will take.
Nonsense!

Many go to meetings for informational purposes. Well within ones rights. You are spreading fear. Why would a good wholesome company violate labor laws, let alone stoop to the immoral practices you speak of? We all want informed employees, right?

Train, you are becoming quite the fear monger, I think.

Only if there were some significant infractions, and there was "grey area", could your theory of retaliation come into play. Extra scrutiny and "gone" are two entirely different matters, Train.

Nonsense!

Many go to meetings for informational purposes. Well within ones rights. You are spreading fear. Why would a good wholesome company violate labor laws, let alone stoop to the immoral practices you speak of? We all want informed employees, right?

Train, you are becoming quite the fear monger, I think.

Only if there were some significant infractions, and there was "grey area", could your theory of retaliation come into play. Extra scrutiny and "gone" are two entirely different matters, Train.
Think what you want. It is their right. You are absolutely correct. And that right will cost them their job in many cases. I would never attend a union meeting because I have first hand information of how they operate. Just like I know how company management operates. You seem a bit naive. I would have thought a man of your knowledge would have developed a little more worldly wisdom or informed judgment.

Think what you want. It is their right. You are absolutely correct. And that right will cost them their job in many cases. I would never attend a union meeting because I have first hand information of how they operate. Just like I know how company management operates. You seem a bit naive. I would have thought a man of your knowledge would have developed a little more worldly wisdom or informed judgment.
You have first hand knowledge of how they operate yet you have never been to a union meeting? Or have you been to one as a company ass kisser RAT?

You have first hand knowledge of how they operate yet you have never been to a union meeting? Or have you been to one as a company ass kisser RAT?
I have first hand knowledge about the Teamsters from meetings with them while in management at Overnite. Not some organizing effort trying to sell a defective product to the drivers.

I have first hand knowledge about the Teamsters from meetings with them while in management at Overnite. Not some organizing effort trying to sell a defective product to the drivers.
Overnite was never union. Teamsters wouldn't have had a meeting with a dispatcher.

Just to set the record straight. I said I was a dispatcher ... And I was. But that's not to say that's all I ever became.

Think what you want. You know everything anyway. You also know EXACTLY what I want you to know. BTW.

Without getting off the subject, this guy was either on their radar or they we're gunning for him. They would have to actually take a special interest in someone to cross check logs with the brick to make the corolation. That being said, make sure u cross your T's and dot your i's, but if they really want u gone they'll find a reason

Perhaps you had a bad experience with the IBT because you had to treat everybody the same and couldn't give the better work assignment to your friends.
For every bad experience you had their is at least 1 other person that has had a good experience. One would think that with your limited exposure with the union environment you would want to take a step back and watch how it really works. The good thing about unions is everything is in black and white everybody knows their job and what's expected of them, even management.

The unfortunate truth is that there's not one carrier out there that will give you a second chance to do your log book right unless you personally contact the safety department and inform them that a submitted log has errors in need of correction.

I will agree that it's a petty thing, especially from our perspective as drivers, but failing to accurately report on your log book is considered to be more serious by the government than a rollover accident. Because, to them, that makes you a liar. And liars, in their view, are trying to cheat and drive outside the law. It's BS, but that's how it goes.

And because of that lopsided view, the carriers can't afford any other view. If you're allowed to cheat or lie, even a little, the carrier gets nailed with huge fines if the DOT ever audits them and finds out. Was it a convenient excuse? I'm absolutely sure it was. But that doesn't change that it'd be the same outcome if it wasn't an excuse.
The company I am leased to allows you to correct your logs. They send out a notice each month with the dates in question, to either correct or explain why you are in violation.
The new optical scanner does not recognize some words in the english language.

Off topic but good to see you back...don't be a stranger!!
Thanks for the warm welcome. Things got a little crazy, which is why I've been away, but that's a topic for another thread.

There's always more than meets the eye about these things. The company would've had to have had a reason to go back and check out this driver's logs and determine that he never logged stops.

It's like driving an ex police car, getting pulled over and getting arrested because you're driving impaired. What was the reason you were pulled over? The car you're driving or your impairment? Only the cop knows. And, like FedEx, he ain't telling because you still got nailed with a legitimate wrongdoing.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Things got a little crazy, which is why I've been away, but that's a topic for another thread.

There's always more than meets the eye about these things. The company would've had to have had a reason to go back and check out this driver's logs and determine that he never logged stops.

It's like driving an ex police car, getting pulled over and getting arrested because you're driving impaired. What was the reason you were pulled over? The car you're driving or your impairment? Only the cop knows. And, like FedEx, he ain't telling because you still got nailed with a legitimate wrongdoing.
This post is about as good as it gets.