TForce | So you think UPS isn't serious about safety?

You know this reminds me of one of my famous sayings.

The faster it snows the slower I goes.

While I'm at it heres one more.

Its always faster to go slower in bad weather,than to wait for a wrecker,and fill out all of the accident reports.

You know this reminds me of one of my famous sayings.

The faster it snows the slower I goes.

While I'm at it heres one more.

Its always faster to go slower in bad weather,than to wait for a wrecker,and fill out all of the accident reports.

I hope your not useing bad weather for an excuse to milk the clock. I know how you hourly drivers are.:hysterical:

I'm with buster,,,took me 4 weeks to get a head light fixed,safty first!!!they had my tractor for 7 weeks for a so called "P.M"
I have wrote up a bad steering pump for about year and a half before they took it,,,,yup you guessed it !! still leaks ,every 2 or 3 weeks it gets a drink,,guess the oil on the springs wasn't enough indication that something was wrong,,,,so whats this about safty?? as long as it dont cost them ITS SAFE

Don't feel bad my tractor has been sitting in Richmond for a PM since November 16. The shop say's it needs a new rear-end. The funny thing about it is that the tractor was running fine before it went to Richmond.

Richmond towed a tractor to my barn this week that was coming back from PM with fresh greese on the 5th wheel and it would not start.

Well thats nice you have a shop, Sit around for 3-4 hours and wait for a vendor. When there is no shop and there is no mechanic how does the equiptment stay maintained?:duh:

That is the case at my barn we also have no shop. We had a guy the other week had to sit around for several hours waiting on a vendor. One of our guys had to drive his tractor and trailer across town to the vendors shop to get fixed before he went out on his run.

Don't feel bad my tractor has been sitting in Richmond for a PM since November 16. The shop say's it needs a new rear-end. The funny thing about it is that the tractor was running fine before it went to Richmond.

Richmond towed a tractor to my barn this week that was coming back from PM with fresh greese on the 5th wheel and it would not start.

I posted this message this morning and when I got to the terminal this morning my tractor was back from Richmond.

Like I have said before, if we were a airline, we would be permamently grounded!!!

Why don't you go out and buy Windows Vista. It will probably have a few bugs and you can grip and complain about it. At least it will be something different for us to read about.:hysterical:

We are shopless in Rochester,all of our PM's are done in Buffalo.
At the least our tractors go away,and come back in a weeks time.

I have an asigned tractor the fuel gadge has never worked.
So I've always kept my milage in a note book to see how far I've gone to know when to fuel it up.

My tractor is a road hand me down.
Its got 994105 on the odometer as of tonight when I parked it,and pluged it in.

In the past my tractor used to go to Buffalo,and I wouldn't see it back before 3 or 4 weeks.
When it came back it had over one thousand more miles on it.

I don't know whats changed as far as them doing our PM's but they seem to be a lot faster doing them now.

That makes me happy,you get used to the same tractor every day,and you can't wait to get it back.

I don't know if they will let me keep it when it turns over with a million miles on it?

Its still working good,and I take real good care of it,so I hope I can hang on to it.

Actualy the Buffalo shop with all of their work.
Doing all of their work as well as Syracuse,and Rochester,they are pretty good to us now.

Why don't you go out and buy Windows Vista. It will probably have a few bugs and you can grip and complain about it. At least it will be something different for us to read about.:hysterical:

Can't afford it. You know its that seniority thing. Bottom guy gets the best start times and old hats starve. And to add to this skeeter, today I had a new UPSF trailer with a bad door panel and cable. It had been written up for at least 3 weeks by different drivers. 1st all, they all took it out when they should of deadlined it. Well when I got it, I told them I would not leave the dock until it was either fixed or the load swung. They gave me that "O" dumber than life look. Couldn't understand why I didn't want to wrench my back. Guess what? The load was swung and our vendor/mr. no wrench put a new cable and door panel on. This kinda crap is just the thing that has to stop, or it will never change.

I always say,you know your always preaching safety,safety.
Now this looks like a compensation claim looking for someone to have it.

A the truth,mixed with some sarcasum can go along way to make your point.

Then walk away,so the mamagement can make up their mind to do the right thing.

Hey I heard on the radio today that it snowed in South Carolina,and Northern Georgia?

Being from the cold snowy north I'd like to say HA,HA,HA,YUK,YUK ,TEE-He,HE!!!!!!

Oh my thats really something for those who aren't used to snowy driving?

Had I known this was going to happen I could of rented a tow truck,took some vacation time,and drove down into the south to make a bundle of money?

You can get the windows debugger for free. So we will still be able to complain.:hysterical:

Hey I heard on the radio today that it snowed in South Carolina,and Northern Georgia?

Being from the cold snowy north I'd like to say HA,HA,HA,YUK,YUK ,TEE-He,HE!!!!!!

Oh my thats really something for those who aren't used to snowy driving?

Had I known this was going to happen I could of rented a tow truck,took some vacation time,and drove down into the south to make a bundle of money?

I tried that, but when I stopped and asked if they needed a tow, They said they were all set and did not need there home moved.:hysterical:

Yeah I heard they had record snow fall 4"?
Oh my they sure don't need much for their records?
When we get four inches of snow the weather folks call it a dusting.

We had one of the warmest January's on record,yet we had over 28 inches of snow by the end of the month.

I guess people that live in the sunny south just can't relate to us cold snowy northerners.

Yeah I heard they had record snow fall 4"?
Oh my they sure don't need much for their records?
When we get four inches of snow the weather folks call it a dusting.

We had one of the warmest January's on record,yet we had over 28 inches of snow by the end of the month.

I guess people that live in the sunny south just can't relate to us cold snowy northerners.

Apo, I bet its nice and frosty out there in Rochester, Allthough dangerous. I heard on world news that the schools were closed today in Rochester because of the cold weather. Bundle up in layers.:smilie_132:

How about the 4 feet of snow in Buffalo

Oh Boy!!! I found my self driving in a snow storm Friday night. I must have left my balls at home. Or, I just lost them. The older I get the more I want nothing to do with driving a big truck in the snow. Winter driving in the N. East has finally got to me. Show me a strong pension, Im ready!!!:1036316054:

Oh Boy!!! I found my self driving in a snow storm Friday night. I must have left my balls at home. Or, I just lost them. The older I get the more I want nothing to do with driving a big truck in the snow. Winter driving in the N. East has finally got to me. Show me a strong pension, Im ready!!!:1036316054:

I can sympathize.....One day its all good and hammer down, and the next is, can I just pull over and wait for it to pass......I am moving south and drive in the monsoons and traffic....Nah not really but my attitude has changed over the last few years......My buddy that retired from Yellow had 2 million miles accident free and told me you will get there just the same only a little later and at a lower blood pressure, by taking your time. He not only had that many miles but had them running the Rockies night in and out. So those words have to be pretty good ones......

Yeah what a day it was Cold wasn't the word for it.
We couldn't keep our tractors running to warm them up.
Everything was jelled up.
I went to our nearest equipment rental suppy,with my pickup truck,and brought two salmander heaters to blow warm air under the engine compartments.
One by one they got fired up.
Than we had to add a fuel additive to our tanks.
The weather report said this is the coldest its been for over two years.

I was able to get my route done.
When I returned to the terminal tonight I learned they all didn't start,and some drivers went home after four hours of sitting around,and trying to get their tractors going.
YUP this is my 43 rd winter of driving for a living,and each one doesn't get any easier.

I gotta hit the sack early tonight,so I can go in tomorrow to have some more fun.
Its going to stay firgid till thursday.
Than its going to go up to 20.
That should feel like a heat wave by than