TForce | So you think UPS isn't serious about safety?

Yeah what a day it was Cold wasn't the word for it.
We couldn't keep our tractors running to warm them up.
Everything was jelled up.
I went to our nearest equipment rental suppy,with my pickup truck,and brought two salmander heaters to blow warm air under the engine compartments.
One by one they got fired up.
Than we had to add a fuel additive to our tanks.
The weather report said this is the coldest its been for over two years.

I was able to get my route done.
When I returned to the terminal tonight I learned they all didn't start,and some drivers went home after four hours of sitting around,and trying to get their tractors going.
YUP this is my 43 rd winter of driving for a living,and each one doesn't get any easier.

I gotta hit the sack early tonight,so I can go in tomorrow to have some more fun.
Its going to stay firgid till thursday.
Than its going to go up to 20.
That should feel like a heat wave by than

Well good luck tomorrow APO and stay warm, and if it doesn't start, leave it ,and go home. Calling for blistering weather tomorrow.

Our school district just called my wife,and told her to stay home tomorrow.
She's calling the rest of the bus drivers now to tell then not to come in.
They had a lot of their school buses jell up.
She was on the side of the road today without heat for almost two hours,and had to be towed in to the bus garage.

Everyone with equipment is having trouble around here.
UPS Freight isn't alone in this mess.

I as kind of surprised my tractor wouldn't keep running I plug it in every night?

Yeah Accelerator I couldn't wait to get home,and come on the truckingboard to whine about the hard day I had.

All you posters are good listeners,I mean good readers.

I know you'll all read my whinny post remarks and say if he doesn't like living ,and working in the cold north,why doesn't he move.
Well I'll answer that for you.

(YOU'VE GOT ME I DON'T HAVE A CLUE?)

She was on the side of the road today without heat for almost two hours,and had to be towed in to the bus garage.

I as kind of surprised my tractor wouldn't keep running I plug it in every night?

Yeah Accelerator I couldn't wait to get home,and come on the truckingboard to whine about the hard day I had.

I know you'll all read my whinny post remarks and say if he doesn't like living ,and working in the cold north,why doesn't he move.

There is nothing wrong with a little variety, you included...

Well good luck tomorrow APO and stay warm, and if it doesn't start, leave it ,and go home. Calling for blistering weather tomorrow.

You know driving relics that are poorly maintained does not help either. I bet these days are coming to an end. Big Brother wants us on the road making money and not jelled up in the terminal yard. My tractor which is new started, while many of the old clunkers never even turned over.

Apo, These plug in heaters do nothing for the fuel. They only keep the block radiator fluid warm for easier starting. I started useing fuel additive a month ago every day that I fuel. Even though the fuel vendors add fuel additive to the fuel tank when they fill them, I don't take any chances. Adding fuel additive daily to the tractor will keep the tanks, fuel lines and fuel filter from gelling up. The company provides the additive in 5 gallon containers.:1036316054:

I know what your saying BusterNite.
The block heaters work really good most of the time as long as the fuel is good.
We drivers found out the hard way yesterday that New York State has forced every one that has fuel pumps to put a special blend in their tanks this year.
This new additive is to tone down the fums for our sensitive eviroment.
So now my TM says their having trouble keeping our fuel from jelling if the temperature drops to low.

So there you go its the governments fault,that our tractors were down,and we got unhappy customers that didn't get their freight.

I think I know why we went into the deep freeze these last few days.

Simple because I was laughing about South Carolina,and Gerogia getting that big 4" snow fall.

I guess it was pay back time for me goofing on the south?