So you wanna be a trucker,1st you gotta find you a school to get you a CDL.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
Next you gotta buy a tractor to be an owner operator.
Or find you trucking company that wants to take a chance on you with no experience.
Usually long haul truck load companies will take you.
Once you are placed in your first truck,you are on your way to raking in the big money.
However I suggest you watch this video before you do anything.

i had seen nearly every one of those crashes over the years on the web.

some drivers died, some survived to drive again, others survived if only to be crippled for life.

not a job for the faint of heart, cuz nearly daily, one will see the crashes on our highways, and the blood cover white sheets, or human body parts, that never leave your mind.

and that is all crashes, not just big rigs.

Apostolic=Once you are placed in your first truck,you are on your way to raking in the big money.

Big Money only comes when a driver ACTUALLY WORKS FOR IT and AFTER PAYING DUES.

NO DRIVER was ever a "super trucker" for very long as the (1 in a 1,000 types of) video clearly demonstrates.
Keep the shiny side UP, the dirty side DOWN and use the little known ability of COMMON SENSE and YOU'LL DO WELL!!

CHEERS!!

I got into trucking so I could look down at all the pretty ladies and earn a paycheck doing it. (NOT!!)

I have always wanted to be a trucker since I was a kid and saw Moving On, Convoy,
0q7nGTk.jpg

Smokey and the Bandit, BJ and the Bear.

I make a good living doing what I love. There are perks like every once in a while you get too see some women do some strange things in some mens laps, or topless, or pantyless.

You also get weird CB handle aka CB names instead of your real name like Robert, how many Roberts are out there? TONS!! How many of you remember talking to "Flounder" Probably none but if you do you will remember me for Flounder rather than my given name.

Good luck and remember it takes time too master this profession. Good Luck and God Speed!!

FLOUNDER, you in Australia where you're a Truckee??
You sound like you're "Happy as Larry", correct?

That's a City/Town rig as they usually (Road Train) haul up to 4 or 5 trailers.

I didn't "want to be a trucker" till I was 40 and now almost 60.

I do not look into cars much, when at all anymore as IT'S A DISTRACTION and can get ya injured or DEAD.

I'm still LAST
Must be "running yer tail off" this time of year, then it drops off a bit after December.
Running off the Board (on call) or you've been there long enough to have bid and won a good route?

Last time I ran mail was in 2009 and I got a route from Greensboro D.C. to exit 13, NJ turnpike, at the "military complex".
That was miserable, sitting waiting for 1 of 2 doors (bldg had 8+ doors), run out of hours and still waited with too many other trucks.

I been wondering for decades how mail ever gets to its destinations.

CHEERS!!

CK I am on a gravy route from Greensboro P&DC too 5 smaller post offices 6 days a week and now from Thanksgiving til New Year's Day we run 7 days a week