ODFL | SoCal Terminals

GraniteRiver

TB Lurker
Credits
I wanted to see what the preferred terminals in SoCal were for line haul. Orange and Rialto are hiring, the new Anaheim facility opens Monday.

I talked to the Op Manager at Orange and it seems like they do a lot of shuttle runs between local terminals for the wild board at an hourly rate.

Input from any SoCal drivers would be greatly appreciated.

It’s a premium job, nothing in Cali can compare. Get your app in before the line is out the door, everyone from FXF, ups, Swift, yrc all the top drivers trying to get their foot in the door of the company that has the richest drivers.

I’ve already done the phone and in person interview. Road and drug test next week. I’m central to 4 terminals here so I wanted to see which one had the best environment if there are any SoCal drivers on here.

Rialto (RTO) would have the best variety of line runs being the breakbulk for SoCal although if ORC had enough shuttles to keep you busy on a reliable basis, I'd probably make a decision on which terminal you lived closest to, a long commute could be exhausting even before logging in.

It’s a premium job, nothing in Cali can compare. Get your app in before the line is out the door, everyone from FXF, ups, Swift, yrc all the top drivers trying to get their foot in the door of the company that has the richest drivers.
Plus! All OD employees receive a 20 percent discount on John Deere riding equipment! California only. Everywhere else is only 10 percent...

I'm with lone ranger. New hire at an old terminal and you could be struggling for seniority for years. Especially at large terminals like RTO. New hire at new terminal and you could start closer to the top of the list
If nobody transfers in, my observation has been suburban terminals get a lot of transfers when they open from drivers wanting to cut down on travel times or fast track their way to the top of the board.

what happened to the second san diego terminal (OMC) still shows on the website but the property show for sale after renovation

I'm with lone ranger. New hire at an old terminal and you could be struggling for seniority for years. Especially at large terminals like RTO. New hire at new terminal and you could start closer to the top of the list

You have to watch for dovetailing drivers coming in from other terminals that already have seniority with the company. You might end up being the low man anyway and at a much harder environment than the variety a break terminal offers.