SAIA | Social media policy?

Does Saia have a social media policy and if so, where can I find it?

8nNNSBX.jpg

Page 39 employee hand book

I dont work for Saia. Doing research for a large shareholder who has issues with a vip in the company. . Thus my random stupid questions. Thanks
I read the transcript from the last conference call needless to say the shareholders have noticed the company’s staffing/hiring problems the company blames it on a tough driver market but we all know it’s due to the safety departments ridiculous Bluetooth/cb radio policy. Sadly the damage is done nationwide we are the last choice for drivers hunting a job and we are scraping the bottom of the barrel while all the good drivers are going to work for other companies for less money when you have to pay people $2500 just to come to work for you you have problems. Most of them stick around until they get their money and then move on if they don’t get fired first

Sadly the damage is done nationwide we are the last choice for drivers hunting a job and we are scraping the bottom of the barrel while all the good drivers are going to work for other companies for less money when you have to pay people $2500 just to come to work for you you have problems. Most of them stick around until they get their money and then move on if they don’t get fired first.
Karma has made a full circle....

I read the transcript from the last conference call needless to say the shareholders have noticed the company’s staffing/hiring problems the company blames it on a tough driver market but we all know it’s due to the safety departments ridiculous Bluetooth/cb radio policy. Sadly the damage is done nationwide we are the last choice for drivers hunting a job and we are scraping the bottom of the barrel while all the good drivers are going to work for other companies for less money when you have to pay people $2500 just to come to work for you you have problems. Most of them stick around until they get their money and then move on if they don’t get fired first

I’ve seen 5k bonus in my area. This driver facing cam is killing your chances to probably be the best. Everyone wants to work for OD cause they don’t have this driver facing camera. OD has listened and knows what’s gonna keep them growing. Drivers. They know heavily regulated policies ain’t gonna find you drivers no matter what the cpm is. I know a bunch of linehaul drivers from my old company that are making 75k a year doing the same job as a 90-100k year driver at Saia. These are great drivers who are very safe and hustle to move freight. Reason they stay cause the rules are relaxed. No cameras. They won’t go to Saia cause of the strict policies. I won’t go to Saia cause of the strict policies. I wish Saia and you guys luck and hope they figure it out.

I’ve seen 5k bonus in my area. This driver facing cam is killing your chances to probably be the best. Everyone wants to work for OD cause they don’t have this driver facing camera. OD has listened and knows what’s gonna keep them growing. Drivers. They know heavily regulated policies ain’t gonna find you drivers no matter what the cpm is. I know a bunch of linehaul drivers from my old company that are making 75k a year doing the same job as a 90-100k year driver at Saia. These are great drivers who are very safe and hustle to move freight. Reason they stay cause the rules are relaxed. No cameras. They won’t go to Saia cause of the strict policies. I won’t go to Saia cause of the strict policies. I wish Saia and you guys luck and hope they figure it out.
If Karla is responsible for this policy she should be terminated and a new guy should be brought in that understands exactly what OD understands. They are the best for a reason and that’s why 90% of our drivers went there.

She is responsible for it I can promise you because I was told by someone very very hig up in the aco
If that’s true then she should be terminated. It’s absolutely the worst mistake this company has ever made and is the primary reason for our massive turnover. And turnover cost this company massive amounts of money. Far more than her annual salary.

When are you going to figure it out? you are not so :censored: important that you need a Bluetooth stuck in your ear, put the phone away and drive, dispatch can't reach you? that's their problem let them figure it out.
I know I’m not that important. I’ve always known my place here and I’m easily replaceable. They may not get the type of worker I am but they can fill my seat and carry on. This is about the turnover they have created with this policy. In the overall big picture none of us are that important. We all are here such a short time (LIFE) so it’s up to us to make the best of what time we have left. Being micromanaged and harassed when not one other LTL company bans Bluetooths is the issue here. Not knowing from one day to the next if you’re going to have a job is no way to live you’re life. That stress will affect your health and shorten your life. That’s the primary reason drivers are leaving. No one wants to live their life under a microscope. And since most the competition doesn’t have cameras and none have this ridiculous Bluetooth policy the turnover will continue. The problem Joe is they have figured out the problem and they don’t care. Drivers see that and are giving them the middle finger in masses. It won’t get better. It will only get worse as time moves forward. Perhaps when other LTL companies begin starting the trend with cameras and stupid policies that aren’t legally required things will change but until that day all I see is things getting real ugly. I won’t be here to see it because my retirement is rapidly approaching. But SAIA will survive even with there heavy handed way of doing things. I find that sometimes companies can be stubborn to admit they were wrong even when it cost them millions in associated cost. Old Dominion has most certainly found a way to stay on top. Being driver friendly has a lot to do with it. Drivers want to go the extra mile when they know their voices are heard. That truly is a big part of their success and our downfall. Don’t get me wrong because we are making money. Just not as much as we could. Not OD money >>> Let me put it that way.

Last edited:
When are you going to figure it out? you are not so :censored: important that you need a Bluetooth stuck in your ear, put the phone away and drive, dispatch can't reach you? that's their problem let them figure it out.
Copy that. And how many people complaining hired on with that policy in place? When I came aboard with a clean driving record, there was no mention of a Monday morning QB copilot. I remain accident & ticket free but continually scolded. THAT'S my bitch. An accident is my life or livelihood. Neither of which I want to part with.

A hypothetical question.
If a senior vip of the company was found out to be frequenting adult web sites looking for dates during working hours after helping implement the drive cam and bluetooth policies would you find that acceptable? Would that be a firing offense under the companies social media policy or conduct standards?

A hypothetical question.
If a senior vip of the company was found out to be frequenting adult web sites looking for dates during working hours after helping implement the drive cam and bluetooth policies would you find that acceptable? Would that be a firing offense under the companies social media policy or conduct standards?
It’s not that I doubt the legitimacy of your question but I’m wondering why you’re using this site as a platform for that type of question. If you’re doing research for a shareholder as you say then I’m certain you would have access to legal advice and other more legitimate sources. But to answer your question I would think it would totally be inappropriate and would be grounds for termination. What a truck driver may or may not think in regards to your question is not something I would put much stock in.

A hypothetical question.
What you’re implying is something that’s very serious and I would never come on here to discuss that sort of topic. I would get my facts straight and blindside that individual with HR being involved. The last thing you would want is a wrongful termination suit against the company.