SAIA | Social media policy?

"Being driver friendly has a lot to do with it. Drivers want to go the extra mile when they know their voices are heard. That truly is a big part of their success and our downfall."

Train is 100% accurate with this statement. It is a proven fact that happy employees are thoughtful, engaged, and looking out for the greater good of the organization. This is true across all forms of business, from banking to truck driving. The facts are indisputable. Saia just doesn't care.

"Being driver friendly has a lot to do with it. Drivers want to go the extra mile when they know their voices are heard. That truly is a big part of their success and our downfall."

Train is 100% accurate with this statement. It is a proven fact that happy employees are thoughtful, engaged, and looking out for the greater good of the organization. This is true across all forms of business, from banking to truck driving. The facts are indisputable. Saia just doesn't care.
Good always prevails over evil. The no cb policy is total bullish** and obviously coming from someone that has not had driving experience as with most company safety departments. Money is not everything drivers, you have to like working for your company. This companies safety department clearly does not give a sh** about its drivers. Other LTLs are hiring, the stress that this company puts on its drivers is not worth it. Note to SAIA, other LTLs talk to customers and the petty micromanaging does not resonate well.Train, you do speak a lot of truth but you are also drinking the company koolaid!

I read the transcript from the last conference call needless to say the shareholders have noticed the company’s staffing/hiring problems the company blames it on a tough driver market but we all know it’s due to the safety departments ridiculous Bluetooth/cb radio policy. Sadly the damage is done nationwide we are the last choice for drivers hunting a job and we are scraping the bottom of the barrel while all the good drivers are going to work for other companies for less money when you have to pay people $2500 just to come to work for you you have problems. Most of them stick around until they get their money and then move on if they don’t get fired first
When they are able to get someone to drive for them they come from a truckload carrier. They don’t have pup experience. I remember when you had to know someone to get hired. Now no one refers anyone.

When they are able to get someone to drive for them they come from a truckload carrier. They don’t have pup experience. I remember when you had to know someone to get hired. Now no one refers anyone.
These days all it takes is clean driving record, CDL, and heartbeat. When I got hired on 14 plus years ago, you had to have three years previous experience, hazmat, and only one job in the previous three years. That's was my terminal mangers qualifications when he hired drivers. He always had applications on file. Two driver positions been open 4 plus months at my terminal. No takers....

These days all it takes is clean driving record, CDL, and heartbeat. When I got hired on 14 plus years ago, you had to have three years previous experience, hazmat, and only one job in the previous three years. That's was my terminal mangers qualifications when he hired drivers. He always had applications on file. Two driver positions been open 4 plus months at my terminal. No takers....
Some LTL companies are finding P&D drivers from temporary services. I haven’t seen SAIA go there yet. Kind of like a temp to perm if they like you. I think the company has to buy out the contract or use the driver a certain amount of days.

We was set to hire 2 LH drivers the other week but they couldn't drive a stick. They tested in an automatic and only drove automatic in previous jobs. So they couldn't get hired

At end of day GRL have bills stacked on bills of freight on desk. Weather great I should go system and wear there butt out on miles.
You have a pretty sweet run even with that lay down Rider. If you’re not hurting for money I’d just stay where you’re at. Stay south Rider because winter will be here before you know it. Just my opinion. Only you know what’s best for you and your family. Stay safe.

We was set to hire 2 LH drivers the other week but they couldn't drive a stick. They tested in an automatic and only drove automatic in previous jobs. So they couldn't get hired

We had three city guys hired at my terminal. One did his road test and then never showed up for work after that. The other two didn't even show up for the road test.

Then another city guy quit and we can't get any applications to save our lives. The salesman also quit a few months back because he was sick of the company constantly riding him about getting new accounts when when we can't even service the ones we have. They still haven't replaced him.

We had three city guys hired at my terminal. One did his road test and then never showed up for work after that. The other two didn't even show up for the road test.

Then another city guy quit and we can't get any applications to save our lives. The salesman also quit a few months back because he was sick of the company constantly riding him about getting new accounts when when we can't even service the ones we have. They still haven't replaced him.

What area/region?

The cameras were a hard sell but many adapted. It’s that :censored: Bluetooth policy that is destroying this company’s full potential.
Train I work for OD and I can tell you right in our employee handbook it states that any hands free wireless Bluetooth etc. is prohibited same with Fedex freight, and has been for some time. The only difference is that we don’t have cameras looking at us! However we can still have cb radios.