Social Security...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by a9faninnc, Nov 14, 2014.

1. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

You obviously don't understand what the Keystone pipeline is all about... It will not provide any oil for the United States....only the Oil that will inevitably leak out of it into our soil....The Keystone pipeline is projected to carry about 800,000 barrels a day of toxic tar sands bitumen, from the tar sands fields of Alberta Canada, across our entire country including hundreds of waterways and Nebraska’s Ogallala aquifer, which is one of our most important sources of agricultural water, to the shipping ports of the Gulf Coast, where it would be exported......Also, Bitumen is much thicker and it must be heated and diluted with toxic chemicals in order to flow through pipelines. Unlike other oil, this toxic mess doesn’t float, it sinks making any "clean up" that much more difficult..if not impossible... Think about it this way, if the Canadians don’t want tar sands pipelines across their own country, to me that say a lot..if not saying it all..Keystone is all risk and no reward for the United States....
    It has nothing to do with "keeping the Arabs honest".... where in the World did you come up with that....?.. I guess you "don't get it " either...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    fxstc07 likes this.
  2. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

The people complaining about cut wages are not ones saying minimum wage cut jobs.... You're lost, p...

3. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

That says it all right there. Would any business in the public sector have that many "non essential" employees? Hell no. They'd never survive.

4. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Ive worked for some,that I felt,had way too many non essential employees.One is still active and one is not,and both of them are on TB,s.The difference being,these companies are not taxpayer funded.

Northern Flash likes this.
  5. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

so a president sworn in two months prior causes a recession, highly unlikely it was inherited due to the policies of the Clinton administration, just like the left blaming Bush completely for 9-11, less than 8 mths in, yet blaming Bush for everything wrong 4 years into Barry's term.
    Yes economies do ebb and flow, there are times when the policies of the previous administration set the next guy up for success (Reagan set up both Bush I and Billy C for success)

Govt caused the problems in the first place with the economy
    They don't deserve kudos for TARP when they were the jack offs that caused the problems to begin with
    Especially when they forced banks that did not need the money to take the money
    Glass Steagall being repealed would not have mattered if the CRA was not used to force banks to make bad loans
    like most things, the govt does not look at the big picture and usually ends up hurting the group it was trying to "help"

6. Bubba74

no both sides do it, but when you get up in front of the nation and claim that "lobbyist will have no place in my administration" then load your administration down wit lobbyist, there is a problem there.
    The left always seems quick to point it out then do the exact same thing, the hypocrisy bothers me.

7. Bubba74

Some here like to think that every job is essential, oh, and profits are evil.
    Your employers job is to provide you with a paycheck and benefits, that is all, they deserve nothing for their investment in time and treasure

8. Northern Flash

Yep. The corporations and small business owners are supposed to risk their livelihood and savings to employ people. And if they pull a profit, they're evil. But they're still supposed to pull money out of their hinder to grow their business and pay people's wages. I guess that owning a business is just for kicks and giggles, and not profits.
    :duh:

I wonder if those who were employed at Obama's lemonade stand when they were younger, turned their profits back in to the Govt. once they had their concentrated powder, pouring pitcher,and cups paid for? Or did they just hand the money to people passing buy as a way to "spread the wealth"?

9. Bubba74

we should all be thankful that Barry is a bigger man than that.
    Remember that sharp young lawyer coming out of Harvard, foregoing all those big time Wall Street opportunities to go to Chicago and organize the people.
    If only we could be like him, shun the trapping of success and wealth to go help the people

10. Northern Flash

We used to have an old saying about this arrogant Uncle of mine. He thought that he was a genius, but didn't live up to his arrogance. We used to say that he was "too cool for school, but not enough knowledge for college". Obama fits that description. Because if he was as great as portrayed, he'd be showing us his college transcripts every day. Clearly he failed.......just like my Uncle did.

11. pilot87

Government workers ARE Public sector employees........

You also have trouble comprehending the intent of the meaning of "non-essential" .. It means that they are not of prime or central importance.... it does NOT mean that they are all unnecessary and not needed at all...like you mistakenly believe...

12. pilot87

"Some here"?... Who said that?... No one here has made such a statement....and if your referencing me (and you are) I think you'd have a hard time finding any post of mine that would support your erroneous contentions... ..

fxstc07 likes this.
  13. pilot87

Yes I recall Obama, the Candidate, making that statement...and yes I agree that lobbyists are just as big a problem as ever...probably more...
    You stated that "both sides do it"....then you point out the hypocrisy of the "left" when they do the "exact same thing"..... That would be the exact same thing that the so called "conservatives" do... right?.....but your only bothered by hypocrisy on the "left" ......but it must be ok for you when the "right" is also Hypocritical .... ... Both "sides" are bought.... and I put the word sides in quote because they are essentially the same.... They are just playing the "Good cop, bad cop" game with the Public....and you buy right into it......

fxstc07 likes this.
  14. pilot87

I noted only that the actual recession began when Bush was President....I also further noted that "Boom and bust " economic cycles don't always match the Presidential election cycles..... There were 10 years of Expansion....logically that can not be sustained indefinitely...and the economy was weakening but it didn't meet the threshold of a recession until March of 2001.. So therefore, a recession was not "inherited" by Bush from Clinton..... For something to be "inherited" it must already exist....like an Economy in free fall like it was when Obama came to office.....as an example.....But yet you still make the claim that "Barry" (How juvenile ) was completely responsible....The facts show that the Economy is in far better condition now than it was then..... You mentioned "hypocrisy" in one of your posts...and here you are being hypocritical .. Yes economies "ebb and flow" and Policies from a previous administration can impact the next.... but, in your view, only when you can use it to take "credit" for the positives that occurred from a previous administration...but you then turn around and blame Obama, in this case, for everything wrong that took place from the previous administration....It's a two way street, as it were. .. why don't you just acknowledge that the so called 'Right-wing conservatives" are not the "can do nothing wrong" and only "liberals" and "democrats" are bad..... When you look for any way to excuse the wrong of either party, and believe everything that either party tells you..or believe everything that Fox and it's opinion programs tell you...your only being part of the problem....

If I want to know what you "think" about anything in the news....All I need to do is listen to Right-wing media...Limbaugh..Hannity....whoever...You just come on here and regurgitate the same talking points as they do....and then accuse others that hold a different viewpoint as citing talking points....

fxstc07 likes this.
  15. pilot87

The Governments responsibility in the crisis was that it didn't regulate Wall street closer.... The Community reinvestment act did not force banks to make bad loans....A study from the year 2000 of lending trends for 305 cities showed that $467 billion of mortgage lending was made by CRA covered lenders into low and mid level income borrowers and neighborhoods, representing only 10% of all U.S. mortgage lending during the period. The majority of those were prime loans. The sub-prime loans made by CRA covered institutions represented just a 3% market share of all Low and mid-income loans...

Another analysis was done by the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas in 2009 found that the CRA was NOT responsible for the mortgage loan crisis, pointing out that CRA rules have been in place since 1995 whereas the poor lending practices began only a decade later. It furthermore pointed out that most sub-prime loans were not made to the Low and mid-level borrowers that were targeted by the CRA, especially in the years 2005 and 2006 . Nor did it find any evidence that lending under the CRA rules increased delinquency rates or that the CRA directly or indirectly, influenced independent mortgage lenders to ramp up sub-prime lending.... So your belief that the Crisis was caused only by people defaulting on loans that banks were "forced" to make is not quite the whole truth of the matter..... there were not enough of these loans made to cause a crisis of such magnitude....There were not enough people with bad credit taking out these loans to satisfy the demand for the investors hunger for these types of Mortgages...so they began to use derivatives as a way to increase profits and try and hedge against losses.....
    The cause of the meltdown and the resulting economic free fall is far more complex than just bad loans to deadbeats that didn't pay them back...But I know you weren't given a bigger picture of the cause than just the talking points that were provided to you via the Right-wing Media programs....
    Yes...sub-prime defaults played a part....but were NOT the only...nor the main cause of the crash......

So like most things...you want to always blame the Government for everything while excusing the greed of Wall Street bankers who played a bigger part in the crash.... They were the ones that were not looking at the big Picture....and they still aren't.... They are still engaging in the same practices that caused the crisis...which will lead to another of even greater magnitude than 08.... Unless the Government steps in and Regulates them better to avoid that type of "investing"......

The Banks did not deserve TARP funds...I agree...but at the point in time what choice was there other than to let the Total Financial Industry crumble...which would have had Global ramifications....and remember TARP was a Bush program....
    Just as a side point...your use of the term "jack offs" has no place in this conversation....it is a crude and juvenile reference that does not add anything to your Point..... If you wish to project an appearance of being an educated adult you should exclude such terms.... It doesn't "impress" me.... maybe perhaps your friends on here it does....

The repeal of Glass Steagall absolutely played a part....The reason for Glass Steagall was that banks at that time were being too speculative in the Pre-Depression era, just as they are today... Banks became greedy, taking on huge risks in the hope of even bigger rewards...again..just as they are today with the Derivatives.. Banking itself became sloppy and objectives became blurred...just as they are today...They are just as opaque as ever... Unsound loans were issued to companies in which the bank had invested, and clients would be encouraged to invest in those same stocks.....just as they are doing today......Yes unsound loans....even before there ever was the CRA to place blame....

Glass- Steagall was enacted and set up a regulatory firewall between commercial and investment bank activities, both of which were curbed and controlled.....yes...regulated....So yes..the repeal of Glass-Steagall has played a role in the run up to the crisis.....

fxstc07 likes this.
  16. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Tarp wasn't a 'Bush Program' (although he is a progressive and signed it. ) When it was apparent 'we needed to do something that day' (and it actually took another few weeks), Obama and McCain were summoned to a meeting, since they were the candidates. Bush said he'd sign whatever those two came up with because his term was finished. McCain appears to have had zero ideas. TArp was all barry's... Then Bush stupidly signed it, saying he'd 'take uncapitalistic measures to save capitalism.'. Couldn't have been more big central government communistic (see the tenets of communism/ central governance).

The right thing to do would've been to do nothing; let the failures fail and the strong survive. The followup was barry's stimulus, which worked into the baseline of the baseline budget. That's why he needed Continuing Resolutions instead of Budgets for the next 6 years. A budget would've taken the extra 900 billion times 6 out of the spending. And o's Congress definitely spent it, plus a lot....

SuperCourse likes this.
  17. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I call him barry because he can't be my Prez. A US Prez governs by the US Constitution. barry violates that Constitution (that he took and oath to defend) with his every breath..

Lincoln started us Ignoring the Constitution. Teddy Roosevelt eventually tried to take us communist via his founding of the Bull Moose Party, which became the Progressives (until people discovered the movement was communist, then it renamed itself the Liberals ) Wilson changed us from a Republic and tried to take us communist. Congress stopped a lot. Even then he interred Japanese and Germans and used the laws to jail his enemies. He resegrated the military and expanded governance more than ever before. FDR tried to take us communist, but 40% of his new programs were stopped by the Supreme Court. Bush43 was an ineffective weak Prez, whose main redeeming quality was his unbridled love of our nation and his gonads to stand up for our defense. Politicly, he was a failure and allowed Pelosi to effectively run the nation's biz. Which brings us to O. Raised by a communist, educated as a communist- he dictates instead of following the Constitution. He has destroyed our nation.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Last week I told my Repub senator and Repub rep- if I was in a foxhole fighting for my life against vastly superior forces,I'd want Nancy Pelosi in the hole with me. She has the ability to convince her enemies that they can't win, that they are wrong, and that they need to surrender. I can't stand her. She's wrong on every political position and is a deceitful horrible waste of skin. But she made the Republicans surrender every vote the last 10 years....

19. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Sadly,I agree.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...losi-really-hold-all-cards/?intcmp=latestnews

20. Bubba74

I don't recall the right making statements like that then doing the exact thing they said they would not do.
    The left is nothing but a bunch of hypocrites
    It not just here, Barry said increasing the debt was unpatriotic, then double the national debt in 6 years WTF

Also, don't think it is you, there have been plenty of posters on these boards that feel a companies job is to provide a job and benefits.

jimmy g likes this.