Social Security...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by a9faninnc, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

They don't care if you can prove your point and back it up. They'll ignore it anyway. Even when given the link, they'll spin the response into their agenda driven talking points. That's why I won't bother with the proof anymore.

jimmy g likes this.
  2. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

Here is why I "liked" that post..... The poster asked you several questions....some of which I quoted above....and there were others....You did not respond to them other than to state you " Don't debate people who compare governing by the constitution to ISIS burning people alive..."
    In my opinion I felt that was a "cop-out" response.....just because you thought something that he did not actually say... If you feel that was incorrect you should have actually continued with the discussion..... and made a case for what you perceived he meant was not a valid point.......That is
    "debating"..... not just essentially giving up.....( I know your not going to like that comment J, but you did ask)

With that being said, I don't feel that I have to "justify" any comment that I "like"..... I have never questioned any of your "likes"..... I only made an exception this time due to your being curious... And just to make a further point..... A link to an article is not irrefutable "proof"... I notice that most Links posted here are from either "right-wing" sources or "left-wing" sources....neither one of which can be trusted as absolute "proof"....

I can agree to the point that todays Democratic Party is "Republican light"... As to the rest of your comment....I know all about it how you feel about Obama....and I've heard the same old things before....and I'm not going to go over ground already covered....There is nothing I can say that would cause you think differently...just as there is nothing you can say that would cause me to think differently....at least not yet so far....... It's as I've told you countless times...I am not a supporter of Obama..or the Democrats any more than I support any other other Political flavor..... So I don't know why you'd even bother with posting to me about Obama is a tyrant or Statist...Marxist..etc...etc... It really doesn't matter to me .... Nor do I harbor an irrational hatred of him either..... He is just a pawn in a larger game....just as the one who will follow him in Office.... Believe what you want J. ....

Oh..BTW.. Thanks for considering me "an opponent worthy of debate".

fxstc07 likes this.
  3. pilot87

And just who are "they"?.... Anyone that disagrees with your viewpoints? ... Just what does "proving" your point and "backing it up" mean?.... Posting a link to some fox opinion program...or some other Right-wing media source... and that is supposed to be taken as absolute "proof"?... If that is the case...as you seem to "think" it is, then you should be just as "convinced" when someone posts a link from a "left-wing" media source..or MSNBC Opinion program....

See how that works.... ?

If you think that the So called "Conservatives" don't have "agenda driven talking points" then you have been thoroughly deceived by those that you trust so dearly..... If I want to know what your "thinking" is on any topic in the "news"....all I need to do is tune into any Fox Opinion program....They will be saying the same things that you will be regurgitating on here..... talking points... I find it amusing that you mock others for "talking points" while engaging in the same practice....

fxstc07 likes this.
  4. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I debated with the guy earlier by posting actual links. Then he compared me to ISIL. So yes, he did say it. In the post before the one you liked I quoted that. I refuse to give legitimacy to anyone with that low of an IQ that compares people who want to govern by the US Constitution to those who burn people alive that would dare to disagree. It would lower the level of conversation and bring pride only to the hogs in the mud.

The rest we already know. I go with our Constitution. You go with ,'the World', which leans Statist, those Central Controls I linked. Those were written by Marx, advised to him by Engels....

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    Northern Flash likes this.
  5. fxstc07

fxstc07 Well-Known Member

The actual full quote I posted was this:
    You felt the need to completely take it out of the intended context.
    Your thoughts and words are "extremism".
    You were then compared to other extremists.
    You can't debate, you only spew hatred and contempt.

This whole thread was started with the question of why some feel Social Security is an entitlement.
    But all of you continued to spew your hatred of the President.
    If you go back to my original postings, all I even said was, he is President, and as such deserves the respect that every President deserves.
    We, as Americans should stand together. You don't want to.
    Unfortunately, the rest of the world sees your contempt, hatred and division.
    So does ISIL ... and they hate America too.

6. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I refuse to debate with a person who compares my wanting to govern by the Constitution to those who burn their opponents alive.

7. fxstc07

fxstc07 Well-Known Member

You are by definition, an "extremist".
    You should be proud of your image.

8. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I refuse to debate with a person who compares my wanting to govern by the Constitution to those who burn their opponents alive.

9. Northern Flash

If Obama loves America, why is he so hell bent on fundamentally changing it?

jimmy g likes this.
  10. pilot87

J, I don't think he actually compared you to ISIS in the context that you chose to take it... I don't mean to "speak" for fxstc, but since he has weighed in on the topic, I'll give you how I took it.... What I think he meant was that he feels that you cannot be reasoned with...much like reasoning with ISIS seems to be impossible as, in his view, because you both "hate America".... I would be certain that he doesn't mean that you advocate going around burning people alive... C'mon.... I think you know what he meant..... Of course it's your choice to converse or not...personally I think you missed an opportunity to drive your points home using that comment..... Just my opinion J... nothing more....

I'm not sure what your trying to say here Jimmy, with your "the World" comment... Yes we all know what you think....I'm not so sure you actually know what I think......I guess you can say what you want about what I think....but I don't think really do.... I think you arrived at a conclusion that fits what you want it to....but that's fine...It's really not all that important in the real world beyond these pages that we come across one another on...from time to time....

fxstc07 likes this.
  11. pilot87

With the way this Nation has been going for the past 30 years or more....Don't you think it needs to be "fundamentally changed"?... Tea Party Governance is not going to be the panacea that you think it is going to be.... IF they were to have the total control to do what they wished.....they would become just as corrupted as those that they replace..... It's just the way it is... But if that dream makes you sleep better...then keep dreaming the dream...

fxstc07 likes this.
  12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

You're judging with facts not in evidence. They run on a platform of balanced budgets and state governing- cutting federal government to the bone. How is that corrupt? Sounds like you don't like their platform so you have to present them as evil.

13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I take things/ people on their word. I refuse to debate or give acknowledgement/ legitimacy to a side that compares governing by the Constitution to burning people alive that disagree. You're free to make excuses for him all day; I'm not that stupid as to....

14. pilot87

Yes that is the Platform they run on.... and is that corrupt? not in and of itself...and I did not present them as "evil"... Here is exactly what I did say, "They would become just as corrupted as those that they replace.....".. Key word being "become"... It's an inherent part of the current human condition that would influence them to bend towards corruption.. .....and of course, not ALL of them...but enough of them, would likely succumb to corrupt practices...just as many before them....many of the current bunch...and many that will follow..... "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." - Lord Acton

You have more faith in Politicians than I do....

fxstc07 likes this.
  15. pilot87

That's fine J... I didn't say that you should... nor was I making any excuses for anyone...I only merely expressed an opinion... I thought I was clear on that...

fxstc07 likes this.
  16. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

No I don't, which is why I want most government shut down. What is illogical is you say you don't trust them, while calling constantly for more and more expanded government ( run by politicians, of course)..

The Tea Party runs on my kind of governing- limiting governing limits the chance for corruption. You should embrace that!..

17. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Why is wanting to be governed by the Constitution considered "EXTREMIST?"

Those are the rules set up by the founders which limits their power.
    Now we all know that Barry does not like the Constitution, he called it a "Charter of negative liberties." which is extremist.
    Yet, the left is able to paint those that want to follow the Constitution as extreme, HTF is that extreme?

jimmy g and a9faninnc like this.
  18. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Some post,you just shake your head,and move on.A Constitutional extremist???lol

19. Northern Flash

What I find comical is that those same people who admit that Washington sucks and can't be trusted, will also defend their party until the death as though they are Saints. The size of our Govt. should be cut in half, since half of them stand around the water cooler all day. They video tape their little charades like children, while on the tax payers dime, get a slap on the wrist, and continue to do the same stuff.
    I constantly slap around both parties, yet the leftists refuse to say anything bad about their politicians. And then there is Barry. Nobody from the left will give us a single item that is proven to have been a benefit to the majority of the American people, yet they will sit back and defend him all day long.

Cut back on the Govt. waste and there would be money to keep the Soc. Sec. funded forever.

Where is the list of the good things that he's done for America or Americans?

20. Northern Flash

Everyone that puts Country BEFORE political party SHOULD embrace it. But instead, the left has bastardized the "Tea Party" as evil, when the fact is that most of those fools don't even know what the base foundation of the Tea Party is.

Our Govt. is ripe with corruption from top to bottom, so why would anyone be stupid enough to support more Govt.? Give those thieves more money to waste and line each other's pockets with?:duh: