Social Security...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by a9faninnc, Nov 14, 2014.

1. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Sounds to me like you understand FDR' s Amerika, but not how our Constitution works ....

2. fxstc07

fxstc07 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you lean a little far right.
    This is America ... plain and simple, and people with your viewpoints are not the people to save this country.

pilot87 likes this.
  3. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Actually, I'm a Constitutionalist. Sort of Tea Party, member of Constitution Party. Pew polls show 45% Americans tend to believe my theories until they are told 'tea party'. 40% are conservative, 22% are liberal.

Who defines 'saving'??? You?

4. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

You enjoy your day. I gotta go shovel my drive. Don't see a gov program that'll do that...

5. fxstc07

No I don't.
    Does the "tea party" ?

pilot87 likes this.
  6. fxstc07

Hell, I can't even get a neighborhood kid to do it.
    They all want "management" wages !

pilot87 likes this.
  7. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Barry Soetoro aka Barrack Obama

that is the combined rate the government currently steals from your pay check. Yes the rate was lower in the 1970's went up in the 1980's and 90's to its current peak today.

Yes Reagan signed the Dem bill into law on select individuals whose income exceeded certain threshold (those evil rich) Clinton expanded it.
    Funny we ignore the person (or you do ) that expanded the program so more people are hurt by it.

used to be true is not anymore

http://www.budget.senate.gov/republ...?File_id=34919307-6286-47ab-b114-2fd5bcedfeb5

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-spending-still-dwarfs-the-rest-of-the-world/

Defense spending $581,000,000,000 a little more than 1/2

A tax incentive to relocate or start a business is what the left considers "corporate welfare" the love to cite tax breaks given to oil companies for exploration or advanced equipment depreciation. Never once has a direct payment (a check) been written to the companies that the left loves to cite. However, there have been proven instances where left supported industries (ie solar) have received such payments.
    that said, I do not favor corporate welfare, I am also opposed to what we have today with is crony capitalism. The govt is currently picking what industries thrive and which die. That is Fascism, private ownership with govt control .

like the 65 year old man that just jumped the border from Mexico ?

8. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

Whether someones leans right or left isn't or shouldn't be the issue, the fact remains this country has no business spending one dollar in aid to fix what ails another country, to fight another regions war, we have enough problems of our own, I think we're so screwed up now we can no longer afford either sides agenda, we need an agenda that hits it down the middle putting America first, this country spends enough each year in foreign aid to fix social security.

pilot87, fxstc07 and Northern Flash like this.
  9. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I have written many times on this forum of how to save the nation. End income tax, go Fair Tax. Give notice that in ten years were pulling all military home to guard our borders. Tell all corporations that we have empty industrial zones. No corporate taxes, move home. If they choose to stay in Korea without our military, oh well....

10. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Multiple times, you've claimed that it's not an investment. Why not stop taking so much money from workers and allow them to have that money to invest themselves? Let it be their choice as to what they want to invest into. The younger generation has nothing to look forward to, and now the free loading crowd has figured out how to beat the system and they are sucking the system dry.
    Lower the amount taken out of our checks, tighten up on the fraud, and those who really need the help will have money there for them. The rest of us would need to invest wisely, and if you don't, you starve later in life. But you can blame yourself. Right now, people starve late in life.......and it's the Govt. fault, and rightfully blamed.

11. Northern Flash

How's life......living under that rock? We see all of these programs on full display every day. You either live under a rock or just choose to ignore them.

That's :horseshit:
    When the govt. advertise some type of bogus cut to those programs, they quietly started an entirely new program with a different name.

You must buy into their little "shell game".

jimmy g likes this.
  12. Northern Flash

This is clearly a debate from one who is "getting his" against those who know that there is a chance of NOT getting theirs. And the latter group that realizes that they might not get theirs, also realize that putting faith in our govt. is just plain foolish. The current format is unsustainable.......but just fire up the printing presses, while handing out the American's money to countries that hate us. Great idea.

13. fxstc07

You may not like him, but he is the President of the United States of America.
    It seems too many lack the respect any President deserves.
    Did you call G.W. Bush names ?
    Reagan ?
    I doubt it, yet they did as much harm to our nation as you proclaim Obama has done.
    I know what the rate is today.
    Like I said, it's not what the rate was in 1970, which was 3.65%.
    It goes up each year, just like your grocery's and gas.
    Bottom line ... Reagan started the tax. Those numbers surprise me as I didn't see them.
    Have you seen this ?
    Never accounted for ?
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/18/us-usa-pentagon-waste-specialreport-idUSBRE9AH0LQ20131118

Then there is this astounding set of numbers on the U.S. military spending.
    http://pgpf.org/Chart-Archive/0053_defense-comparison

Let's me understand this ... you feel we "should" spend more on military and less on "social" programs ?
    War first ... human life second ?
    A check ?
    Isn't the mere fact that corporations receive preferential treatment on taxes considered "corporate welfare" ?
    I don't need a check either, just lower my effective tax rate to the corporate average and I would be happy.
    Unfettered corporations that don't have control will only lead to more environmental issues and employee abuse.
    Another one of those false statements leading people to believe he will walk into the local Social Security office and find the rainbow to the gold.
    Do you really believe that nonsense ?

pilot87 likes this.
  14. fxstc07

At least it is a suggestion and a starting point.
    I will await what the republicans come up with to "fix" all our problems.
    One thing I will agree to strongly ... close our borders and use our military to protect US !

jimmy g likes this.
  15. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Alot of words I can think up regarding Bammer...Respect certainly isn't one of them.

jimmy g and Northern Flash like this.
  16. fxstc07

Until there is a change, then respect for the office, if nothing else, should be given.
    The world watches and knows that if we collectively can't respect our President, then why should any nation or power.

pilot87 likes this.
  17. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

The world is laughing their ass off at his leadership.Our allies dont trust us and our enemies dont fear us,and their,s no way in hell anyone can tell me I should respect him or the office,as long as hes in it..Screw him,his supporters,and the people who voted him in.

Northern Flash and jimmy g like this.
  18. Northern Flash

Respect has to be earned, and even though I voted against Obama, I was willing to give him a chance. But over the last 6 years he's proven that he is worthy of zero respect. Period. He is a disaster for this country. So no, I don't have a single bit of respect for him. Zero, zip, notta.
    The office of Presidency typically garners respect for the position if for nothing else. But how can you respect a liar who can go golfing just minutes after a disaster? Is that your idea of a world leader? And I could give you 20 other reasons to disrespect him. Like I said, respect has to be earned, and he's never earned any. And since I can easily make that case that he doesn't love our country and is purposely destroying it, I'll go farther yet and say that he's just a pos that occupies the White House.

19. Northern Flash

That poster is probably one of the same leftist who bashed Bush for breathing air, yet wants us to ignore his President who doesn't even love our country. Not going to happen. This guy is the biggest :censored: up that's ever stepped foot in that White House.

20. fxstc07

The enemy loves you.

Obama might have played golf, but G.W. Bush was on permanent vacation.

pilot87 likes this.