Estes | Some concerns

Emex801

TB Lurker
Credits
Just wondering if any other terminal is having line haul guys come early and do PD while other city guys start later? And some are forcing PD guys to work dock some days. Can someone point me in the direction to write to, to get this fixed. Oh yea and we have Level 2 guys coming early doing our PD work while employeed drivers work the dock.

P &D driver's should not be running Linehaul Trip's either , but that happens at our barn. If you are classified as P &D, that is what you should do.Combo ,Hub, and Dock worker's work the dock at a lesser pay rate, so it's unfair to put a P & D driver on the dock making full P&D wage while working dock and Combo and hub at a lesser rate.

Strange things happen when its slow. Maybe there's not as much xtra board drivers this winter and they are filling the gaps with guys that would not be called in or cc'd.

Strange things happen when its slow. Maybe there's not as much xtra board drivers this winter and they are filling the gaps with guys that would not be called in or cc'd.
This practice has been happening for a long time, Not just because it's slow. IF we are to work by job classification then that needs to apply to everyone period. I have never seen such a messed up system as this.

This practice has been happening for a long time, Not just because it's slow. IF we are to work by job classification then that needs to apply to everyone period. I have never seen such a messed up system as this.

I honestly don't know how by the way things are run here that Estes was able to become the largest privately owned LTL company in the country, i cant imagine the rest are run as messy as we are.

estes is stuck in 50<s.. when I started here 20yrs ago I thought I stepped back 20yrs in time.
You right...I can't believe they still use bunk rooms. I know it's only for scheduled drivers @ certain terminals but I'm pretty sure Estes is the only LTL that does so.

Boy sounds like the same ol screwed up place when I left 3+ years ago, still got the catergory system, etc. when it gets slow they really did some screwed up stuff in 08/09 and man I do not miss the stress for me and my family not knowing what the hell they were gonna do next. Good place to be for about 7 years, but the last 5 was alot of BS. So we gone.

Wh
Boy sounds like the same ol screwed up place when I left 3+ years ago, still got the catergory system, etc. when it gets slow they really did some screwed up stuff in 08/09 and man I do not miss the stress for me and my family not knowing what the hell they were gonna do next. Good place to be for about 7 years, but the last 5 was alot of BS. So we gone.

Where did you end up going?

You right...I can't believe they still use bunk rooms. I know it's only for scheduled drivers @ certain terminals but I'm pretty sure Estes is the only LTL that does so.

Saia still has bunkhouses at some of their terminals in the southern states. There have been a couple shut down in the last year or two, but there are still a few left at the larger terminals like Dallas and Houston.