Central Transport | Some Details about morons insurance

The more I look at the photo in the OP, the more I think the insurance doesn't meet the minimum standards required by the healthcare act. If so, that means we will qualify to buy insurance via the exchange even as employees whose employer provides insurance. I can't know for sure if it meets the minimum standards until I see the actual coverage. That picture is blurry. But it appears to be missing certain coverage that is considered essential by the healthcare act, and I believe the maximum coverage applied to the overall policy also disqualifies it because certain essential coverage is supposed to have unlimited coverage. I hope this is the case because there are great Highmark plans available in the exchange for my state.

O.K., so the dental is $20/wk for the wife and I. $1040 per year. $100 deductible each. So now I'm up to $1240/yr. Routine cleaning twice for each,x-rays. That's it. Neither has had a filling in several years. Kinda sounds a little high just to get your teeth cleaned. IMO

you have a million dollar smile.

"...we'll need to look for new jobs that provide health insurance via real insurance companies that are accepted by our area providers..."

Good choice. It might be painful at first, but you'll be better off in the long run.

From what I've been able to get from Central's Benefits Dept., all the rates are being adjusted (up) for 2014. Open enrollment, when you'll find out the new figures, will be the month of December. Those rates in the pic are only through 2013 so who knows how much higher they'll be. :(

The administrator of the health plans is known as Cherokee BUT that isn't the name of the actual insurance. I was able to find out the web site for the insurance so as to check on providers in our area. You can find out the info you need on that at MultiPlan, Inc., Welcomes you to PHCS.com (choose the Mult-Plan option). I was surprised to find almost all the doctors we need on the list. Same with hospitals and pharmacies.

As far as deductibles, at Vitran, ours was $2500 per person, max $5000 per household. Will be interested to see what Centrals insurance will be for 2014. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
1250 deductible....$48 single...double $76...family3. $85...family4 $96...family5 $108.........1450 deductible....single $36....double$52...family3 $59...family4 $67 ..family5...$76......now keep in mind 10dollars for delta dental....so just add 10 for dental...no vision...The dental is not that bad....But the healthcare is basically worthless because no one takes it....Well let me rephrase, very very few...OK on the 750 deduct....90/10......in network...70/30 for out of network......1250deduct....80/20 in network...70/30 out of network.....1450deduct....75/25 in network.....65/35 out of network....and most of it will be out of network since very few take it...Prescription info or other ?...Send me PM.....no short term disability available.....50.000 life ins. free

Is Cherokee the dental insurance company also?

Cherokee only administrates the plan so I would say it's probably still Delta. If you want, I can give you the phone number I found for Benefits and they might be able to give you some answers. Maybe.

From what I've been able to get from Central's Benefits Dept., all the rates are being adjusted (up) for 2014. Open enrollment, when you'll find out the new figures, will be the month of December. Those rates in the pic are only through 2013 so who knows how much higher they'll be. :(

The administrator of the health plans is known as Cherokee BUT that isn't the name of the actual insurance. I was able to find out the web site for the insurance so as to check on providers in our area. You can find out the info you need on that at MultiPlan, Inc., Welcomes you to PHCS.com (choose the Mult-Plan option). I was surprised to find almost all the doctors we need on the list. Same with hospitals and pharmacies.

As far as deductibles, at Vitran, ours was $2500 per person, max $5000 per household. Will be interested to see what Centrals insurance will be for 2014. :(
Just make contact with the Doctor to be certain......

7. The surveyed sample of pediatric cardiologists and anesthesiologists revealed a
number of erroneous listings for providers, such as: some who were no longer part of
MultiPlan's network; medical practices and hospitals in which providers did not practice; and
provider phone numbers with disconnected lines.

http://www.ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/pdfs/bureaus/health_care/settlements/MultiPlan_10-006.pdf

I think the deductibles is 750 per person or 2000 per family of 4, And believe it or not we looked online MultiPlan and all our doctors are participants of Cherokee insurance. we have to call each one to get Verified.....anyway have a great turkeyday to all you mother truckers...xoxoxox

If I'm not mistaken the (Rider) is Beech Street..... usually no one heard of Cherokee but the rider is what they will have heard of, I may have spelled it wrong but you get my point.

Has anyone gotten the medical insurance open enrollment paperwork for 2014 yet?
Yes, Dallas has got everything....Read post 8....15......16....on this thread...These prices are good for 2014 we were told...Take that for what its worth....We are fully integrated.

Yes, Dallas has got everything....Read post 8....15......16....on this thread...These prices are good for 2014 we were told...Take that for what its worth....We are fully integrated.

So, you guys have actually been given the info to enroll for 2014??? Thank you for the rate info, too. Sorry for the repetitive questions ... it's just that some things are as clear as mud. Go figure.

Until I saw this Cherokee insurance, the Highmark plan we have at Vitran is the worst we've ever had in both of our careers. The deductibles and out of pocket are just as high. But at least our healthcare providers accept Highmark as in network. It's a big deal that Cherokee will all be out-of-network for us. This is unacceptable coverage for that reason. We have to look for other health insurance options to buy privately. If we can't find better in-network coverage for the same price, we'll need to look for new jobs that provide health insurance via real insurance companies that are accepted by our area providers.
Dont sweat it it maggie. Come january 1st. Your great and trustworthy president will have insurance for you.