XPO | Some more Scuttlebutt!

ole man

TB Lurker
Credits
I have a question for the people in the Bismarck, North Dakota area!

I heard today, probably 3rd hand information, that XPO was going to force everyone to rehire without seniority, accrued PTO and vacation time. Also in the scuttlebutt is the people of Bismarck have already been told. Is this true?

Talk about a raised stink if they try that. Just wanting to know from them!

I heard today, probably 3rd hand information, that XPO was going to force everyone to rehire without seniority, accrued PTO and vacation time. Also in the scuttlebutt is the people of Bismarck have already been told. Is this true?

Me too!

Give me a day.

Well, if that's true, it sure is showing us drivers some love as primised!

I can't imagine Bismarck being the first to find out about something like that.

Wouldn't surprise me when end of month

Completely false. Let me get home, and I'll post again.

Bismarck has one lane that has a driver inequity. One driver works 70 hours and gets rescued quite a bit, and two others are lucky to break 40. The tm told them that come bid time in January, linehaul is juggling around the bid in order to try and even things out and stabilize the lane. May entail a rotation of drivers, or working a four day week, or a four plus one city day to get a short day in. That's all. There was no talk of starting over, loosing seniority, or vacation. That must have come from the minds of the chicken littles who see the sky falling.

They are in a tricky spot... with things dropping off in the bakken oil field, the tm is trying to keep everyone working.

There's nothing stopping XPO from wiping the slate clean so to speak. Other than the obvious implosion of the company. Is that coming down the road? No one knows. As it pertains to Bismarck directly, they were never told any such thing.

Bismarck has one lane that has a driver inequity. One driver works 70 hours and gets rescued quite a bit, and two others are lucky to break 40. The tm told them that come bid time in January, linehaul is juggling around the bid in order to try and even things out and stabilize the lane. May entail a rotation of drivers, or working a four day week, or a four plus one city day to get a short day in. That's all. There was no talk of starting over, loosing seniority, or vacation. That must have come from the minds of the chicken littles who see the sky falling.

They are in a tricky spot... with things dropping off in the bakken oil field, the tm is trying to keep everyone working.
Is this city drivers or linehaul. If it city then the driver only picks his start time not his run. As for linehaul he can be passed over for lack of available hrs to work.
If I wrong then someone correct me

Is this city drivers or linehaul. If it city then the driver only picks his start time not his run. As for linehaul he can be passed over for lack of available hrs to work.
If I wrong then someone correct me
It's a one off unusual situation.

Thanks very much for your help. I had to ask since I heard it.

At least they are still interested in keeping drivers working. This is the opposite of what the scuttlebutt alleged.

I heard another rumor that my terminal is hiring quite a few dock workers. This will cut down on OT for the drivers. I am all about 8 and skate but a lot of drivers like some OT. Is this happening at other terminals?

I heard another rumor that my terminal is hiring quite a few dock workers. This will cut down on OT for the drivers. I am all about 8 and skate but a lot of drivers like some OT. Is this happening at other terminals?
We tried this before, remember? Lasted a year.

We have a core of pretty solid dock help that works the inbound and outbound. A couple new faces here and there, that's it. The 10:00am start drivers stay and work the outbound as well as later flex drivers, and we aren't that busy. Still covering other barns freight in and out.