XPO | Some more Scuttlebutt!

This just show the state of our company. Good places to work don't need to put out signs, run ads, and have hiring bonus. When you have a good place to work people come knocking on your door.
When I got into LTL you had to know someone to even get an app.
Bingo!!! Winner winner chicken dinner.

Xpo has made it clear in our meetings they want to bring all segments of their company's into one package eventually even if that means we lose some benefits to be more in line with the other segments.

Go ahead wait it Out.... give them some time. Things will get better...

There was a statement made by xpo when they first bought us that they couldn't believe the retention rate of drivers at Con-way was so good.
That says a lot about them. It was good because we were compensated well . It wasn't so good for xpo with the way their compensation was. Dah!

There was a statement made by xpo when they first bought us that they couldn't believe the retention rate of drivers at Con-way was so good.
That says a lot about them. It was good because we were compensated well . It wasn't so good for xpo with the way their compensation was. Dah!
Almost all LTL companies retention rates are very good, but I remember back in orientation how much they bragged about that number and their CSA score.

I asked this before and got no response ( not hating just curious ) Some of you have better relationships with the management than locations nearby so you hear more - Are the terminal managers loosing their company cars?

I asked this before and got no response ( not hating just curious ) Some of you have better relationships with the management than locations nearby so you hear more - Are the terminal managers loosing their company cars?
Ours is. He doesn't want to pay for it, so he's loosing it.

My manager is still driving the company car.
When you say he does not want to pay for it, please explain.
I asked why he doesn't bring the company car for rescues. He said that they get charged for it as a deduction off his cheque. Apparently the same deduction the AE's get.

I believe this happened a few years back and was because of the irs. Mileage for personal use had to be logged with an app against business use. You could either opt that way or not and "pay" a flat 7k in income which was not taxed and effected your income taxes. The company also charged 20 a week for personal use insurance on the vehicle. All told it was probably 2 grand a year for most.

To some it was and is still worth it. To others not I'm sure. 2 grand to drive something you don't care for, can't put your dogs in, no hitch or rack if needed.

Matter of perspective I suppose.

One of the posters said they were a mechanic. Have there been any layoffs of mechanics? With things being "reorganized" I'm guessing jobs may be shuffled around as far as parts and what not.

Heard that parts centers had been shut down in certain locations and terminals are told to use outside vendors instead of sending to in-house shops. If this is old news , my fault.

I believe the part people were told that they could reapply for dock jobs if they wanted.the morning shift parts people had come to work that morning and had a meeting and they were let go that morning..they did get a severance package

I believe the part people were told that they could reapply for dock jobs if they wanted.the morning shift parts people had come to work that morning and had a meeting and they were let go that morning..they did get a severance package
Wow. Well that's something , I guess. How long ago this all happen?