TForce | some pics of new equiptment

So here is the conspiracy theorist coming out of me but here is a thought: I think we can establish that trailer is a package trailer, right? but why all brown? Does his quite possibly mean the UPS is gonna go ALL brown on their trailers and give us all their grey ones after slapping a UPS Freight sticker on the back?

I mean think about it, when they change something on the package side, it don't take very long to do so since they have more money than Ft. Knox and they won't spend it on freight. So why not spend the money for new trailers on feeders and just give the us the old feeder hand-me-downs? Look how long it took UPS to change the logo from a shield with a package on top to the currant "Global" one we wear now? It was like overnight..... I know what your gonna say, there is a difference between a few stickers and patches than there is equipment, but the way they protect that brand image, I can't see them driving around with trailers where their terminals are half grey and half brown. They leave that mix and match bs for us, not them.

Now, this is just a thought of course, but something to think, (hope) for......

You say we will get all the hand me downs. Who cares! I don't. They maintain their equipment and it is safe. That is all I need to make me happy. It's the paycheck I am most concerned about. As long as it is good I have no complaints. I can remember the old days when there was a reason for complaining about the equipment. But it's been a long time since I felt like I coming in on a wing and a prayer.

I think our mechanics have it easy, seeing as how the only thing they ever have to buy when working on our equipment is JB Weld, bubble gum and duct tape.

Yes I agree with you Skeeter my old friend.
When I first hired on with Overnite back in july of 1986 we city slugs were driving the older Flat Back Mack twin screws which were line haul hand me downs.
All of them had a million plus miles,and later some of the old 18 series Volvos had a million and a half plus miles and they all were rattle traps for the most part.
However except for a few occasional break downs,they were still pretty healthy.
Just for the fact they were PM'ed every 3 months.

It really didn't break my heart to see a lot of that old stuff get sold off,but as long as I drove them old clunkers they would still start up and get the job done.
Yes and they were safe as well.

Wait till the get the lower horse power macks that wont climb a hill with MT's
Those did look like Feeder city pups. The brown one is probably just for show. Just like the brown sleeper.

Have seen several of the new Dollies here in Gaffney as well as some new trailers here and there. Our shop has been on mandatory 6 days lately putting old pups that had previously been destined for the scrap yard back in service since we are always low on empties.

Don't miss that truck at all. No storage space whatsoever. Truck ran great though before our shop castrated it. Hopefully PHO will put its nuts back on.