Averitt | Somebody made a boo boo

RickyRicardo

TB Regular
Credits
Discovered this at NOL SVC a few weeks ago. There is no apparent body damage other than what is visible here. The remainder of the cab appears untouched.

The right side steer tire is broken loose from the rim, but the rim itself seems unharmed, although the outer right rims are severely mangled.

I'm guessing there was some sort of severe impact since the air bag was deployed. I didn't bother to ask anyone there what may have happened, but my best guess is a steel guardrail encounter.

nol.jpg

I have seen cables used instead of guard rails on the right(passenger) side of the highway. I just can't remember where. Pennsylvania or New York maybe?

Someone shot the tires out, and he did five 360's before dragging two milk trucks in the ditch....to avoid a family of dancing bears
The guy is a true American Legend, and fOrmer National Truck Racer..... He saved several lives that day.
Averitt will be giving him a raise, and four weeks vacation ..... What a fantastic guy!!

Looks like he may have went into a concrete cut out on the right side. I hate those things. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Someone shot the tires out, and he did five 360's before dragging two milk trucks in the ditch....to avoid a family of dancing bears
The guy is a true American Legend, and fOrmer National Truck Racer..... He saved several lives that day.
Averitt will be giving him a raise, and four weeks vacation ..... What a fantastic guy!!
That happened to me in Nam except I did a barrel roll into a village killing three goats and knocked over a kettle of fish head soup cooking over a fire.

The good news is that diesel from my truck spilled into the fire and caught a VC squadleader on fire. He ran into a hut where they stored the munitions that they were planning on boobytrapping the Ho Chi Min trail with that night and taking out my platoon.

I was a hundred meters down the trail on foot when the whole place blew sky high. Mama san was POd over the soup and threw a machete at me. I ducked just in time to keep from being decapitated. I was lucky it just took off half of my right earlobe. I almost popped a cap in her arse with my 1911 but gave her a break.

I never even got a Purple Heart because the company clerk got stoned and lost the paperwork but I did get a three day pass to Saigon.

That happened to me in Nam except I did a barrel roll into a village killing three goats and knocked over a kettle of fish head soup cooking over a fire.

The good news is that diesel from my truck spilled into the fire and caught a VC squadleader on fire. He ran into a hut where they stored the munitions that they were planning on boobytrapping the Ho Chi Min trail with that night and taking out my platoon.

I was a hundred meters down the trail on foot when the whole place blew sky high. Mama san was POd over the soup and threw a machete at me. I ducked just in time to keep from being decapitated. I was lucky it just took off half of my right earlobe. I almost popped a cap in her arse with my 1911 but gave her a break.

I never even got a Purple Heart because the company clerk got stoned and lost the paperwork but I did get a three day pass to Saigon.

To bad about the sOup....lol.
....my Clerk got stoned and gave me three ...lol

From the way it's jacked up, it appears to have went under the cab like it was designed, keeping it off the driver, seems like a see a valve cover under there.