TForce | Someone stole my dolly

Overnite

TB Veteran
Credits
Have you ever had a piece of equiptment that you tried to take care of and didn't want anyone else using? I had a brand new dolly that I kept clean and had to leave it another terminal becuase I was picking up a long and did not know it, so I put a deadline tag on it and buried it in the back of pile it stayed there for 2 days while I shuttled longs back and forth but on the third it was gone.

Does anyone else have a lucky dolly? Or am I just :Violin:

What base did you leave your dolly at. Did it have your name on it or did the dolly say UPS. Last time I check it was illegal to put a out of service tag on equipment that is not out of service.

ex-dugancity, see around here I am called an asskisser, pro company, anti union, whatever so these little company rules don't apply to me.

The dolly is the only one we had with lights on it and we have to have one with lights on it to keep for drivers to pull behind single pups, and that dolly was the only one available to use, Maybe on the out of service tag I wrote on there do not use dolly consigned to another terminal. Or somthing nice like that.

Oh man.....

ex-dugancity, see around here I am called an asskisser, pro company, anti union, whatever so these little company rules don't apply to me.

The dolly is the only one we had with lights on it and we have to have one with lights on it to keep for drivers to pull behind single pups, and that dolly was the only one available to use, Maybe on the out of service tag I wrote on there do not use dolly consigned to another terminal. Or somthing nice like that.

.... at least you admit to your faults Overnite! :biglaugh: :hysterical: I used to be that way, learned a hard lesson, never to be forgotten .... :biglaugh: (and yes, I think you were kidding about the first part of your post!!)

We've got a linehaul driver that always tags his favorite dolly out of service.
He's been able to hang onto it for a long time.
but someone did come,and grab it on a weekend one time.
He's got it back now,and is still tagging it.

We park all of our dollys backed up against the fence ,and when someone took it that time I told him to chain,and lock it to the fence when he got it back.

He said he didn't want to do that,but he was also very sad,some driver from another terminal would just yank off the dead line tag,and help themself when nobody was around.

I had some linehaul driver from another termnail help themselves to my CB antena one weekend.
I guess he thought it would be a lot cheaper helping themself to the one I had on the mirror of my day cab.

Well I never bothered replacing it,I use my cell phone for everything,and besides I'm not going to keep supplying antenas to out of towner.

I always heard other drivers saying there equiptment, and never agreed with that, I would always say it is not yours it is the companies. Everyone has the same right to use it.

Some people have no respect for anything anymore. You would like to think that if he had known the reason it had a tag on it he would not have taken it{only dolly with lights in a small terminal that only has 3 dollies on yard or just a mini hub drivers dolly that will always be there, Thus ensuring the driver will never be held up waiting on equipment} But you no what? I DOUBT IT! Welcome to the new co. Best thing to do every morning 1. Take a big swig of Brown Kool-Aid. 2. Put on your Kevlar vest to prevent knives in the back.3 When something does go wrong flash a big "Kool-Aid Smile" and keep on Gettin' Up
Peace Out:1036316054:

Do Indy employees get assigned parking spots {Employee of the month, Road Team}? How about assigned dollies? Can these items be negotiated?:biglaugh:
I heard that in Mississippi you'll not only have assigned parking but also golf carts with roofs to take you from the parking lot to the terminal. These will be assigned carts also.