TForce | Someone stole my dolly

At the shopless terminals the only requirement for our mechanics is that they can read repair manuals,and that they have enough duct tape,and bailing wire to jerry rig all the junk.

When our tractors go away for their PM's to a qualified UPS Freight shop,thats when everything gets fixed better.

At the shopless terminals the only requirement for our mechanics is that they can read repair manuals,and that they have enough duct tape,and bailing wire to jerry rig all the junk.

When our tractors go away for their PM's to a qualified UPS Freight shop,thats when everything gets fixed better.

I have a few things to say about that too.

I have a few things to say about that too.

mechanics atre being told this week that they are now called fleet managers, each manager has 25 trucks assignd to him, and hi pay will be based on how well those trucks perform.

mechanics atre being told this week that they are now called fleet managers, each manager has 25 trucks assignd to him, and hi pay will be based on how well those trucks perform.

I've always refered to our mechanics as UPS Freight heavy duty repair technicians.

Now I have to call them fleet managers?

So greace monkeys or sledge hammer toters are not the term of choice for our fixer-uppers any more?

It will take a little time for this old gear jammer to get used to this new term.

I've always refered to our mechanics as UPS Freight heavy duty repair technicians.

So greace monkeys or sledge hammer toters are not the term of choice for our fixer-uppers any more?

It will take a little time for this old gear jammer to get used to this new term.

It is the new INDUSTRY TERM.:smilie_132::hysterical:

It is the new INDUSTRY TERM.:smilie_132::hysterical:

Equipment gets deadlined here, then nothing happens, no calls to the larger terminal in the area with a shop, no vendors...we have trailers that can only be run in the daytime b/c they have no clearance lights...even our new UPS Freight trailers are getting tore up...On a side note, getting back to the original topic about dollies, I didn't know there was a specific area for dollies on the yard, I thought it was whereever was convenient for me, you know? By the fuel bay, in front of an mt pup, on a slight grade where it will run into the parked tractors...(that was my attempt at internet sarcasm). Whenever we try to keep the dollies together, they end up getting placed wherever the next day...

Equipment gets deadlined here, then nothing happens, no calls to the larger terminal in the area with a shop, no vendors...we have trailers that can only be run in the daytime b/c they have no clearance lights...even our new UPS Freight trailers are getting tore up...On a side note, getting back to the original topic about dollies, I didn't know there was a specific area for dollies on the yard, I thought it was whereever was convenient for me, you know? By the fuel bay, in front of an mt pup, on a slight grade where it will run into the parked tractors...(that was my attempt at internet sarcasm). Whenever we try to keep the dollies together, they end up getting placed wherever the next day...

What is the reason behind this?

If the trucks don't stay running or the correct repairs aren't made they lose money.

All of the duct tape repairs will stop becuase there pay is mostly based on truck reliability or how many times a truck is deadlined for the same reason.

What is the reason behind this?

If the trucks don't stay running or the correct repairs aren't made they lose money.

All of the duct tape repairs will stop becuase there pay is mostly based on truck reliability or how many times a truck is deadlined for the same reason.