TForce | Someone stole my dolly

I truly beleive that this is one area that UPS will help us in 2008. Our skill level in our shops and certainly our inventory has been to far down for many years. They only allow ASE certified mech. and they will want to protect their brand more and more as they purchase equipment. J. Holmes has said himself that 90% of our equipment would not meet the UPS standard to be road worthy, but they have put out a lot of money and they are maybe more stingy than O about replacing the junk. Jack said the plan had been extened out to 8 years rather than the orginal 4-5 on have 88% of the fleet with new equipment.:1036316054:

I truly beleive that this is one area that UPS will help us in 2008. Our skill level in our shops and certainly our inventory has been to far down for many years. They only allow ASE certified mech. and they will want to protect their brand more and more as they purchase equipment. J. Holmes has said himself that 90% of our equipment would not meet the UPS standard to be road worthy, but they have put out a lot of money and they are maybe more stingy than O about replacing the junk. Jack said the plan had been extened out to 8 years rather than the orginal 4-5 on have 88% of the fleet with new equipment.:1036316054:

When I was a hub driver in WPB, Fl I used to lock-up my dolly for the hub run.
We always had extras and nobody gave me any crap about it, so, I kept doing it.

When I was a hub driver in WPB, Fl I used to lock-up my dolly for the hub run.
We always had extras and nobody gave me any crap about it, so, I kept doing it.

:duh::TR10driving03::wacko::shades:i agreed with you on the dolly but i have dis agreed. i drive a sleeper and trying keep a good dolly because i have scales that i goes cross and they are not nice !!!!! cottonwood ca.

:duh::TR10driving03::wacko::shades:i agreed with you on the dolly but i have dis agreed. i drive a sleeper and trying keep a good dolly because i have scales that i goes cross and they are not nice !!!!! cottonwood ca.

Parcel mechanics are assigned to trucks and drivers have "their" mechanic who knows the specifics of each unit, its history, what to keep an eye on etc. not related to pay. and speaking of pay, after we get a contract we will see a wave of new hires who have experience not haveing to wate 3 years to get top pay. a skilled J-man gets top pay after orientation. 30 60 90 days what ever is in our upcomeing agreement. old O hired anybody to work on equipment. anybody can order parts and rest assured they will never see them. therefore... duck-tape. when the shops get paid a good wage, the real UPS will see to it there are parts (and tools) to fix things right and quick. Im looking forward to it.

Parcel mechanics are assigned to trucks and drivers have "their" mechanic who knows the specifics of each unit, its history, what to keep an eye on etc. not related to pay. and speaking of pay, after we get a contract we will see a wave of new hires who have experience not haveing to wate 3 years to get top pay. a skilled J-man gets top pay after orientation. 30 60 90 days what ever is in our upcomeing agreement. old O hired anybody to work on equipment. anybody can order parts and rest assured they will never see them. therefore... duck-tape. when the shops get paid a good wage, the real UPS will see to it there are parts (and tools) to fix things right and quick. Im looking forward to it.

Most of the new hires that came to our terminal only took the job due too possible union representation.

I think if the union was not part of the equasion, alot of the new hires we have,would have left allready, our terminal is managed like a yard sale.

And to ask the TM to follow policy, is like trying to pull teeth out of a tiger without a tranqualizer. Ed D. at one time said our terminal was managed like a country club, I get the feeling the whole company is.

Most of the new hires that came to our terminal only took the job due too possible union representation.

I think if the union was not part of the equasion, alot of the new hires we have,would have left allready, our terminal is managed like a yard sale.

And to ask the TM to follow policy, is like trying to pull teeth out of a tiger without a tranqualizer. Ed D. at one time said our terminal was managed like a country club, I get the feeling the whole company is.

I've talked with a few Conway city drivers who are waiting for us to become Teamsters.
they say they want to hire on,but they are waiting for us to vote the IBT in.

I ask them why not just call the Teamsters to start getting their company employees to sign up.
Funny the answer is.
It anit going to happen.

I've talked with a few Conway city drivers who are waiting for us to become Teamsters.
they say they want to hire on,but they are waiting for us to vote the IBT in.

I ask them why not just call the Teamsters to start getting their company employees to sign up.
Funny the answer is.
It anit going to happen.

This is how UPS will have leverage over us, we either put out or get out, because now people are lining up at the door's for a job..

This is how UPS will have leverage over us, we either put out or get out, because now people are lining up at the door's for a job..

Is that the one outside of Redding? If it is, I've seen MC pups sitting in the parking lanes deadlined more than a few times throughout the years.

Is that the one outside of Redding? If it is, I've seen MC pups sitting in the parking lanes deadlined more than a few times throughout the years.

people maybe lining up at your location, but our tm is having a hard time finding drivers, but i do see a lat of new faces driving for other ltl carriers around town. i have not found the first driver that have ask me how to get a job with upgf :USA:

people maybe lining up at your location, but our tm is having a hard time finding drivers, but i do see a lat of new faces driving for other ltl carriers around town. i have not found the first driver that have ask me how to get a job with upgf :USA: