New Penn | something strange ?

flstc2000 said:
Everybody is in the logistics business. Look at each major carrier and you will find some type of logistic operation. So, when a customer orders freight, the supplier may contact their logistic provider, who then in turn sends a message to the warehouse to ship a certain item, and if the consignee has a contract or specifies a particular carrier then that carrier is called for the pick-up.
In short, the logistics provider has nothing to do with the carrier of choice, unless no carrier is specified by the shipper or the consignee.

your right. for example, we've been delivering IBM parts to a UPS Chain Supply warhouse in lower Manhattan for years. Yellow as well. never once have i seen a Menlo or UPSF contractor in there.

I have seen this as well here in Pa.
I guess Pyle owns some warehouses in Pennsylvania.

Other carriers go and pick up there all the time. One day I was backed up and saw NEMF and Yellow picking up as well.

No big deal

Yea, I know down in Parkesburg, PA They have 2 warehouses, everyone hoauls out of. Right now their Scott's whse is hopping, NEMF and I think it was UPS Freight has trailers dropped there, and we(Yellow) used to but haven't yet this year. I think some of it depends on who the customer wants to deliver the freight, to them.