sore hands

duckdiver

TB Lurker
Credits
Do any of you guys get sore hands, especially when making a fist, hasn't happened to me until I started this job and I'm used to manual labor

I banged my knee last week and actually my knees sometimes hurt and my wrist is sore right now and I have a sliver I think in my index finger, but what ever it's all cool although the knees hurting have proven to be minor cause for concern.

This job takes a toll duckdiver. My big problem's elbow tendonitis. Comes and goes, hurts like a biatch when it flares up. Massaging the bejeezus out of the trigger points (to the point that it really hurts), and alternating hot/cold helps make the inflammation and pain go away for me. Don't know if it'll help with your hands or not, but may if it's a soft tissue injury.
Careful with NSAIDS like naproxen/ibuprofen. Help short term but something always seems to hurt and if you pop them everyday for long enough you'll wind up getting an ulcer. I only take them now if I absolutely have to.

My hands were tight for a while when I started the game. Spasms in my forearms and calf muscles, too. That sometimes still happens after a vacation, or if I get a bit dehydrated on a hot day.

A good stretch routine really does help.

Something new hurts every day.

This job takes a toll duckdiver. My big problem's elbow tendonitis. Comes and goes, hurts like a biatch when it flares up. Massaging the bejeezus out of the trigger points (to the point that it really hurts), and alternating hot/cold helps make the inflammation and pain go away for me. Don't know if it'll help with your hands or not, but may if it's a soft tissue injury.
Careful with NSAIDS like naproxen/ibuprofen. Help short term but something always seems to hurt and if you pop them everyday for long enough you'll wind up getting an ulcer. I only take them now if I absolutely have to.
I used to get the elbow tendontis too, a guy turn me on to an elastic/velcro band that you wear about 2" or so below your elbow, I got mine at Target or Walgreens and they're not expensive but do work to support the tendon with pressure, and tighter is not better, just firmly snug, it'll clear up and flare from time to time so just keep the band handy.

I fell on the steps on the side freezer door. Used my hands to brace myself. Jammed up my wrist worked through it for a year then moved to Linehaul LTL. Over the last 4 yrs kept aggravating it in the gym. Never been the same before the injury, weak and fragile even though I can lift a lot of weight at the gym.