Yellow | Sorry We Must Vote Yes !!!!!

Are you voting Yes or No on July 2009 NMFA Concessions?

I'm voting no on yes and yes on no :whistling:

Guys and gals, I wish you all the best but YRC appears to be heading down the same path and making the same moves that Transcon did 20 years ago. Please don't make the same mistakes that I did and save your vacation time and sick time to tide you over in the event something bad happens.
When Transcon went down, it went down fast, on a Fri afternoon, I found out on Sat that I was unemployed.
And that sick time and vacation time I was saving.........gone.
I hope you guys are safe, but be prepared.

Same with USF Red Star.

Yrc is not in as bad of shape as they portray they have way too much mobey tied up in overseas operations to fold dont let fear of something that wont happen cause a yes vote as it has done in previous contracts yrc will continue squeezing us as long as we allow it ,they are continuing to rail alot of our freight and 45 % of team freight in kcm with glenn moore, companies always have a plan b we just never see it because too many people start shaking in their boots (ie. Macandb)lIfe began before yrc and it will go on but they are not going anywhere but at what point is enough enough

:ranting2:You guys with your insults are something you have no facts to back up your claims. You think everything is some great conspiracy to get the union guys . Yeah thats it YRC has lost large amounts of money so they can break the backs of hard working teamsters .NO thats not it maybe its a consiracy with Hoffa and Zollars they are going to steel 500 miilion dollars pension money .YRC must have done all of this on purpose to break the union and now only the teamsters are going to suffer.Give me a break everyone at this company has given back to save YRC some more than us .:Flame-On:So just keep up your little insults and name calling everybody can see right through you.:shift:

I too am voting yes for whatever they want, I will work for free if I have to, anything to help YRC survive... like everyone says this job is better than no job at all, I will even pay to work for YRC if I have to. !!!!

I too am voting yes for whatever they want, I will work for free if I have to, anything to help YRC survive... like everyone says this job is better than no job at all, I will even pay to work for YRC if I have to. !!!!

I hope when you were run-over by that 18 wheeler that you did not break any bones........just brain damage.......:TR10driving03:

:hysterical::hysterical:
I too am voting yes for whatever they want, I will work for free if I have to, anything to help YRC survive... like everyone says this job is better than no job at all, I will even pay to work for YRC if I have to.
!!!!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Also, a lot of people have been out there looking for jobs or working jobs that are crap, & want at least the chance of getting back to a decent job someday. And the only way that there is a chance of someday is to vote yes. Even though everything is screaming not to, we have no choice.

I was watching a movie yesterday about the union. Sounds just like a lot of the guys on here. They were all saying don't vote the union in. We at least have a job. Why make waves. We make hardly any money, have no benefits, etc., but at least we have a job. Sounds like when people were afraid of joining unions. I think it is time people stood up and tried to keep the union meaning someting. Take away everything and what do you have? Just another low paying job with no pension. Why even work for a union company with none of the perks? Don't understand this mentality of voting yes to more give backs just to keep a job and "say you are union" Saying so does not make it so!

Is your last name Zollars?:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Stroud, is that you?! Ya'll change your name? Come back Shane, I mean Stroud.

[list type=decimal]
it's all about the pension nothin else..the 14 month deferral with a tweak
there would be no obligation on the part of YRC to repay the missing contributions. Teamsters would not accrue pension credit during that period.
the orphan issue might be in there too..they got the forgive idea from the GM, Chrysler bail out..a $500 million dollar forgiveness out of the kindness of you heart..If you forgive and forget it's back to the big time..[[] [14 months] [/LIST]

:ranting2:You guys with your insults are something you have no facts to back up your claims. You think everything is some great conspiracy to get the union guys . Yeah thats it YRC has lost large amounts of money so they can break the backs of hard working teamsters .NO thats not it maybe its a consiracy with Hoffa and Zollars they are going to steel 500 miilion dollars pension money .YRC must have done all of this on purpose to break the union and now only the teamsters are going to suffer.Give me a break everyone at this company has given back to save YRC some more than us .:Flame-On:So just keep up your little insults and name calling everybody can see right through you.:shift:

No this WAS caused by Zollers and his poor management skills.
Buying more than he could afford to pay back.
Now it is being used to his advantage.
That is to break the Union.
You need to wake up and smell the coffee!

In my humble opinion, if you vote yes on any concessions, you will prolong the demise of the freight division of the IBT, and if you vote no on the concessions, you will accelerate the demise of the freight division. There is no stopping YRC from trying to destroying the teamsters, everyone has tried and it looks like YRC is going to take a shot at it also.

The only thing that will save freight teamsters is more freight teamsters .The non unions have the biggest piece of the freight pie and they drive the wage scale . Things have changed and we need to know that . If YRC goes under then ABF will be next then UPS . Taking a strong stand now will do nothing to save good paying jobs.The only way to save wages in the future is for Fed Ex , Con Way ,Estes ,R&L and OD employees to take a strong stand .

The only thing that will save freight teamsters is more freight teamsters .The non unions have the biggest piece of the freight pie and they drive the wage scale . Things have changed and we need to know that . If YRC goes under then ABF will be next then UPS . Taking a strong stand now will do nothing to save good paying jobs.The only way to save wages in the future is for Fed Ex , Con Way ,Estes ,R&L and OD employees to take a strong stand .

Yep, the party is over! I have talked to guys from FedEx and they want no part of the union. This was before all the problems now. I'm sure they are even more convinced now.