Yellow | Sorry We Must Vote Yes !!!!!

Are you voting Yes or No on July 2009 NMFA Concessions?

If they start making money they'll send to their Chinese company to hide it. They'll always be broke when its time to negotiate.

If they start making money they'll send to their Chinese company to hide it. They'll always be broke when its time to negotiate.

Like they're the only company that pleads poverty during negotiations even in good times!

Like they're the only company that pleads poverty during negotiations even in good times!

Sure has worked good in the past and will do so again and again. Practically everyone is walking on glass, ooooouuuuu, they'll close the doors. Someone said something about pressure, what, the senior girls going home after 59.75 hours! This is all a mute point, they're history.

gwizz...cityguy875 see you don't have a cdl so the 5 calls you say your getting are not for a truck driveing job. all the rest of us are concerned about a TRUCK DRIVEING JOB SO YOU OPINION TO ME DOESN'T COUNT AN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT DOCK BOY! your in a totaly different job market GET IT

Voted no, AGAIN! I was really on the fence and F'em. They dont want to survive. Better off working for a LTL outfit after the closure.

I are not truck driver, duh !!!

gwizz...cityguy875 see you don't have a cdl so the 5 calls you say your getting are not for a truck driveing job. all the rest of us are concerned about a TRUCK DRIVEING JOB SO YOU OPINION TO ME DOESN'T COUNT AN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT DOCK BOY! your in a totaly different job market GET IT
What kind of ::shit:: is that??? Mr. Prima donna steering wheel turner looking down his nose
At someone else. Your kidding right? Thanks to that last contract you voted yes for out of fear and worry about yourself alone, “Dock Boy” here will never find another teamster job thanks to the part time casual crap you didn’t care about. Imagine if it included part time casual driver, oh, lordy. we would never hear the end of it out of you would we? Try the quote button sometime, and work on your grammer.

Well the last contract paved the way for Glenn
Moore to haul at this present time 45% of the
Sleeper freight out of 326. According to the orientation
Trainer in Carysle PA the plan is hire another
110 drivers 55 GM teams to haul sleeper freight
Out of 326. When it was bought up at the hall
The official comment was we can neither confirm or deny that.
So if this passes more NMFA teamsters will find
Themselves laid off. All we here is you voted for it!
I voted yes on the contract. I am mad at myself too.
Why? Cause I was worried they would close the doors.
After all we was told boys this is the best you will
Get or they will simply go out of business. We have to
make ourselves available 6 days a week to get 4000 miles
We get put to bed almost every trip. Arrive in
326 can't turn while Glenn Moore is hauling the same
Freight out. Yet some of my fellow teamsters wonder
Why I'm voting NO? The only reason quite a few of
Us came here is for the pension, wages and time off
Policy.

Well the last contract paved the way for Glenn
Moore to haul at this present time 45% of the
Sleeper freight out of 326. According to the orientation
Trainer in Carysle PA the plan is hire another
110 drivers 55 GM teams to haul sleeper freight
Out of 326. When it was bought up at the hall
The official comment was we can neither confirm or deny that.
So if this passes more NMFA teamsters will find
Themselves laid off. All we here is you voted for it!
I voted yes on the contract. I am mad at myself too.
Why? Cause I was worried they would close the doors.
After all we was told boys this is the best you will
Get or they will simply go out of business. So here
We are.
Feel no remorse there is life after this, It was a good ride but the top end got greedy and it most likely is coming to an end. I enjoyed most of the company(co-workers-teamsters) it was fun while it lasted, we still might pull it off , but it will never be the same. God is GREAT/Beer is Good/ People are Crazy.:shift:

I agree there is life after YRC goes down in History.
Some just aren't willing to accept it yet. I know
There isn't jobs that pay as good as this one.
I've chosen to re invent myself. Lower my standard of
Living. Work at whatever I find. There will be jobs
At some of the ltl carriers. I will relocate. I know
For a fact I'm never driving over the road again.
Not for a non union company. There is jobs after
YRC it won't be what we want but quite acting like
Its the end of the world! I've worked non union
All I did was trade one set of headaches for another.

dumbass

I will be voting yes and am proud off it . If that buys us some more time I'm all for it. They' re never going to pay another dime into pension anyway. I'm just as pissed off at this company as anyone but, voting to shut it down is not a option. I can read the headlines now Dumba$$ Teamsters vote to shut doors off Yellow Roadway Corp in one of the worst economic down turn in US history . Give me a break guys do you think this is 1970 or something .We have to change the way people think of unions and shutting the doors with a no vote will not look good . :ranting2:

dumbass teamsters gave everything back and yrc still closes the doors in there faces

We have to change the way people think of unions and shutting the doors with a no vote will not look good.
We will never be able to change the way that the public looks at the Unions. Most of them are just jealous because we have (had) what benefits and pay that they want.

I think that HOFFA better start getting more concerned about what his own Teamsters think of the Union. And not worry about what the public thinks.

this thread is 124 pages of discussion. 124 pages.
what that means is,its actually controversial.
IT SHOULD NOT BE. THEYVE WON.
this is divide and conquer. no unity.
(always vote no on everthing)

Did you read anything from post #705 ??? Do you think im making this stuff up?
Im Pulling it out of my :eck13:?? Google it if you can get your blinders off, I would suggest you read read read!!!
“think hard about the future that this decision will leave you with” are you all so blind
With fear that you cannot see your fate? Just vote for it whatever it is as long as I get to work tomorrow no matter how screwed we are??? Are you kidding? Does anyone at all understand a NO vote means back to the table?? “foolish uneducated vote” ??? I set up a bulls eye on the wall for me to bang my head on when this is voted thru. I have nothing to gain from this, im back to college in September at age 46. If you all want to screw yourselves all over again and for the third time, then so be it. i wont be a part of this cowardice any more.
Thanks for bringing post #705 to my atention!
I read it as I have read the other doom and gloom posts from quiters and people filled with anger from thier own miss fortions with this company.I also have taken notice of all the speculation and complete lack of facts in the posts they leave.Like you,they make disrespectful remarks and try to lead everyone who still believes in the brotherhood to thier demise. If you want to quit and go to school.....Just go and leave with your mouth shut cause you are the coward who is giving up on everything and you have documented it very clearly!
Now if you take the time to study the agreement and not the blog you will find that there is some hope for the future in the literature......Here are a few facts for you.
Union will have a seat on the board of directors.
Union will also be carrying a rather high percentage of stock when all proxies are given.
BZ will be awarded a financial advisor to over see his dealings.
BZ will not be able to fund his non-union empire anymore with our blood and sweat.
Non-union YRCW entities will be taking equal cuts.
The union will have full access to the company books!!!
OK....I could go on here with a few more but the point is....these are facts and they are in print.
YES......I have seen the Kansas city journal articles and I also have seen the reprecusions that Mr. Z suffered for them.
I believe that Mr. Z has made a fool of himself "big time" and the world will soon see him for what he is.
It is my belief that the company and the union may have a chance to fend off the assault and rate wars generated by the non-union corporations that would rejoice in our demise with a yes vote,to vote no would just leave us a target.
Finally......in closing I would like to let you know that I did not tell you how to vote and I did not belittle you with my original post.....those are acts of cowardice and I don't appreciate them coming from you!
You want to call me a coward......Knock on my door and be ready! everybody has a right to an opinion but no one has a right to compromise a vote with bullsh#*!
Good luck to you with your schooling.

Cspf told me yesterday that if i retired now and yrc closed it would not affect my pension. If this passes and yrc stays open and doesn't resume pension payments after their 18 month break i would take a huge pension cut. Sounds like we would be better off if they closed and central states confiscated all their assets like they did cf.

i wil vote no again and will be able sleep at night knowing that i kept my dignity

After the taxes are deducted and social security then the ten percent and maybe another five percent what's left...hmmmmm.minus the delay time pay if you get any.that alone is five percent more..

Do I need to go over the basic math skills

I had read in the yahoo financials under yrcw,when bill z was lining up to go get some billion dollar bailout money.that yrc had said they weren't going to miss any pension fund payments.he also stated that the freight director had informed yrc that if yrc does miss a pension payment that yrc would pay a ten percent penalty towards the revenue of each month till it had been caught up.who gets the 10percent penalty money....why wasn't that disclosed to the members before this vote

I think that HOFFA better start getting more concerned about what his own Teamsters think of the Union. And not worry about what the public thinks.

Just got the new teamster magazine and not one article about what is going on in the freight division at YRCW.:clap:But they did organize another small police dept...:TR10driving03:

hoffa does not care about us...just small places like tastie cakes

this thread is 124 pages of discussion. 124 pages.
what that means is,its actually controversial.
IT SHOULD NOT BE. THEYVE WON.
this is divide and conquer. no unity.
(always vote no on everthing)

This thread has been merged with several other threads is the main reason it has so many total pages. You're correct that it is very controversial, to most everyone that is involved. It's a very hard decision for anyone to make that really thinks about the whole issue.

What is the best choice?

A YES vote will make some people feel like they have given in to all of the BS and lies they have been told recently by all sides, while also possibly saving YRCW and their own jobs. Even though the wages, benefit package and some work rules will be much worse than before.

A NO vote will make some people feel that they have stood up to both the company and the Union. They are willing to take the chance that the company and Union will work something else out and things will get better.

The main point, IMO, is that everyone has one vote to cast in what ever way they decide is the best way to cast it. I would hope that we each consider several things in making our decision on which way to vote. How will it affect our families, our Unions brothers and sisters, our Union as a whole, the company we work for (our jobs), our futures and finally ourselves. Good luck to everyone with what ever way things go in our futures.