Yellow | Sorry We Must Vote Yes !!!!!

good post

Good post Benny. Alot of people are venting but they are forgetting to respect the right of others to vote either a yes or no. :clap:

Are you voting Yes or No on July 2009 NMFA Concessions?

Any more paycuts and we won't be able to.afford the gas to get there.jimmy and billy and ty will have to drive the trucks

No time earned towards the pension is a NO vote . A small, marginal contribution would have allowed us to earn credits.Instead of locking in my 25 in May 2010, I have to wait until 2013 . 3 MORE YEARS .1 1/2 equals 3 .
Thats the effect this freeze has on us all . And the junior laid off people have to wait even longer for call back, because guys like me have to work even longer .
I think about 30 million is set aside for the Z team golden parachute .Divide that among all the funds so we can get credit .Then I might change my vote .

And something else to consider. Many, if not most, of the people on here are those who are laid off and they very likely are somewhat more bitter and angry than those who are still working. That in itself would slant the vote on here to the "NO" side in my opinion.

(Go ahead Wolf, bash away!) :biglaugh:

I am laid off,but I voted YES because i want my job back,It's easy to vote no and not realize what the outcome would really be for some guy's who have not been out of work before.
Just ask my old steward at RED Star who alway's said F'em close the door's,he is whistling a different tune now,he was just short of his 30 and never got it anywhere.::shit::

.................. Try the quote button sometime, and work on your grammer.
As much as I am standing in a giant glass house holding a bucket of rocks....
It's actually spelled Grammar
Sorry I am in one of those moods:biglaugh:

how do you find out how much $ you have in your ind.pension fund?

no pension

Cspf told me yesterday that if i retired now and yrc closed it would not affect my pension. If this passes and yrc stays open and doesn't resume pension payments after their 18 month break i would take a huge pension cut. Sounds like we would be better off if they closed and central states confiscated all their assets like they did cf.

cspf is wrong because! if yrc was to closes there wouldn't be enough teamsters putting into the fund an there would be no teamster pension as we know it

cspf is wrong because! if yrc was to closes there wouldn't be enough teamsters putting into the fund an there would be no teamster pension as we know it

They probably meant it wouldn't effect it until all the funds were gone.:ranting2::ranting2::ranting2::ranting2:

I find it interesting that the union can get the modifications on paper and in the mail quicker than getting our contract books....

I remember freight strike of 94....the battle cry was shut r down.....we gave strike authorization to the jerk Ron Carey....At 2100 on a Tuesday or Wednesday night PST the picket lines went up....and brand new trucks we just got had holes in the radiators, broken air lines, headliners ripped, headlights broken out.....Everyone was whooping and hollering...all happy....we showed the company....we showed 'em.....

A couple days later.....Friday...payday.....The guys who had done all the destruction work were standing at the gate with their hands out to get their paychecks.

The next week, people were getting their electricity shut off....and wives were wondering how to pay the bills and feed the kids....

They had their hands out to the local union....wondering where their checks were for $200 for the strike fund money....

Each person has one vote....use it wisely....

Walmart has openings in some areas for dock hands....Great job....in the Mojave desert where temperatures in the trailers can top 160 degrees in the summer, employees are not allowed to take water breaks until the trailer is loaded.

Schneider is glad to hire YRC people....for about 30 plus cents a mile...driving all over the nation....and I know one company who hires teams to split...20...that's right split 20 cents per mile for a team.....Do the math.....do the research on what jobs are available...

And while we're at it...do some research on the FMCSA website...about the 2010 initiative that will prohibit companies from hiring anyone who has a bad driving record...Some companies are already not accepting applications from someone who has as little as 1 moving violation on their record....

This sucks....the whole thing.....If Zollars was an honorable man, he would tender his resignation and walk away...that ain't gonna happen...he isn't honorable....

The best we can hope for is to buy time.....for the economy to pick up so there are jobs out there for us to go to........

I remember the picket line, the battle cry of shut 'r down.....and remembering giving food out of my pantry to give to those teamsters who voted yes to the strike....Vote....wiseley

The 94 strike was mild at least in our area (SoCal), a few guys got drunk and one **** got beat up by some CF guys, BFD! Most of our tractors were the POS GMC Brigadiers built in 84-85? purchased in 89 as new, already had holes in the radiators, falling headliners and broken brake lines.

Beauty ain't it
dyq8lw.jpg

The 94 strike was mild at least in our area (SoCal), a few guys got drunk and one **** got beat up by some CF guys, BFD! Most of our tractors were the POS GMC Brigadiers built in 84-85? purchased in 89 as new, already had holes in the radiators, falling headliners and broken brake lines.

Beauty ain't it
dyq8lw.jpg

We just got rid of about 10 of those trucks in OKC about 2 years ago :TR10driving03::biglaugh:

Last edited by Benny Hill; Today at 11:01 AM.

As you can see I have a personal secretary, he does a good job but with this economy I'm going to have to cut his pay about 15% and ::shit:: on his pension :D

We just got rid of about 10 of those trucks in OKC about 2 years ago :TR10driving03::biglaugh:
We used to have to run rails with those bone rattlers, no pwr steering, no air ride seats or suspension, if you didn't get a trailer back from the rail yard you got beat to death BBTL'ing.

I got a buddy of mine from sc and he retired 2 months ago and he got a ballot and he voted.......wtf........:TR10driving03:

i put up a poll post like this . it got deleted by some guttless ,unnamed admin.

I will be voting yes and am proud off it . If that buys us some more time I'm all for it. They' re never going to pay another dime into pension anyway. I'm just as pissed off at this company as anyone but, voting to shut it down is not a option. I can read the headlines now Dumba$$ Teamsters vote to shut doors off Yellow Roadway Corp in one of the worst economic down turn in US history . Give me a break guys do you think this is 1970 or something .We have to change the way people think of unions and shutting the doors with a no vote will not look good . :ranting2:

Its already a given that jobs are being cut.we've already established the fact that there is an glut in capacity in this economic enviroment.so I get this post card in the mail from the ibt.suggesting that I vote yes.well I for one feel that this practice is a slight of hand.I believe the union should present the facts let us decide.another thing here is maybe the company isn't asking for us to take a paycut.because the company is going to do what the company has to do.it looks like a self preservation mode by the union.I wouldn't want to take a cut in my salary if I could get 35 or 40 thousand workers to take a paycut.ladies and gentleman,no matter if we vote yes or no job cuts will continue til business conditions improve.