Yellow | Sorry We Must Vote Yes !!!!!

Are you voting Yes or No on July 2009 NMFA Concessions?

TDU site states they are now working on a Termination of the pension for 14 months not a deferal. no contribution, no credit. YRC doesn't have to carry the liability on their books for the defferal. makes sense for the creditors wonder what the impact is on retirees or working employees?

Go read the thread bad news. I'd believe. Termination
Would be considered default.

If yrc agrees to pay back all lost pension deferrals then that may work but if they dont then the membership has no choice except to vote no.........They want to break us all and now is the time to stand up to yrc and make them come up with better solutions.......how do we know that they are not cooking the books?......:TR10driving03:

The reason the termination would work better for YRC is that the defferals would be on their balance sheet as a debt to be repaid and would probably contribute to making them default on their covenants with the banks. I wonder if the funds could agree to the temporary termination without it being considered a default. they are in default now and that isn't impacting them at all. they have a been terminated from western states and it doesn't appear that the fund or the locals are taking any action surrounding that. the west coast guys have not had pension credit or contribution for 2-3 weeks.

If you guys can't read the writing on the wall, well then go back to school. I'm an ex Holland driver that lost my job back in April (treminal closed). We were lied to when they said by giving back 10% was going to save our jobs. Well, it never saved mine. Let me just say this much, vote NO. YRC is going to fold no matter what the vote is. Don't believe what the IBT nor the union BA tells you. When YRC folds, it will benifit me in a way. I'll have a better chance of finding a job because there is a lot of YRC freight out there that needs to be picked up. LTL companies will be hireing like crazy !!!

If you guys can't read the writing on the wall, well then go back to school. I'm an ex Holland driver that lost my job back in April (treminal closed). We were lied to when they said by giving back 10% was going to save our jobs. Well, it never saved mine. Let me just say this much, vote NO. YRC is going to fold no matter what the vote is. Don't believe what the IBT nor the union BA tells you. When YRC folds, it will benifit me in a way. I'll have a better chance of finding a job because there is a lot of YRC freight out there that needs to be picked up. LTL companies will be hireing like crazy !!!

I'm really sorry man but there will be very few LTL companys that will hire a ex teamster. If the economy takes off like crazy ,and YRC goes under at the same time maybe.Most economist say it will be many years before that happens. If I can't work at a union company I will work for myself otr.

TDU site states they are now working on a Termination of the pension for 14 months not a deferal. no contribution, no credit. YRC doesn't have to carry the liability on their books for the defferal. makes sense for the creditors wonder what the impact is on retirees or working employees?

Don't believe everything you hear and read from the TDU. It's like bill o'rieley and his "no spin zone". He spins everything, if he didn't there would be nothing to talk about. Truckingboards is the best outside source for info hands down.

Don't believe everything you hear and read from the TDU. It's like bill o'rieley and his "no spin zone". He spins everything, if he didn't there would be nothing to talk about. Truckingboards is the best outside source for info hands down.

I'm confused! According to you I shouldn't believe stuff from TDU but what happens if a Truckingboards post references something from TDU? Do I believe it even though it's TDU just because it's a Truckingboards post?? Help me please in my time of utter confusion!! :biglaugh:

Kinda funny how TDU has been 100% correct when it comes to breaking news since the current contract. I guess we will find out.:eck13:

Kinda funny how TDU has been 100% correct when it comes to breaking news since the current contract. I guess we will find out.:eck13:

It is kinda funny the TDU has ALWAYS been right. The only thing I thought was a little stupid was when they asked where our contract books were. Well you can find mine in the dumpster or a landfill now.

I will be voting yes and am proud off it . If that buys us some more time I'm all for it. They' re never going to pay another dime into pension anyway. I'm just as pissed off at this company as anyone but, voting to shut it down is not a option. I can read the headlines now Dumba$$ Teamsters vote to shut doors off Yellow Roadway Corp in one of the worst economic down turn in US history . Give me a break guys do you think this is 1970 or something .We have to change the way people think of unions and shutting the doors with a no vote will not look good . :ranting2:

Sounds like they got you drinkin the company kool-aid.

The IBT is mum on talks till there is a signed agreement..the TDU must have some inside info to leak out something like that. They are not a flame throwing organization and are quite credible I must say.. and I am not a member of TDU

I believe I'f we vote yes, the headline will read
Teamsters Bow To YRC give everything away!
No one is asking the membership to act like its the
1970's just put conditions on concessions. elimination of Glenn Moore, No credit
For 14 months? Etc Or then we stick together
As real Teamsters and shut the darn place down!

I believe I'f we vote yes, the headline will read
Teamsters Bow To YRC give everything away!
No one is asking the membership to act like its the
1970's just put conditions on concessions. elimination of Glenn Moore, No credit
For 14 months? Etc Or then we stick together
As real Teamsters and shut the darn place down!
You can't make any money home

I will find a job. There is unemploymemt , I'm sick of hearing
Something is better than nothing. That mentality in my opinion
Is self serving. Unity is demanding conditions on any 14 month
Termination or deferral. Or we stick together in unity call their bluff.
If they close so be it! Here is a good example,
My prior employer we fought a long organizing campaign.
They cut our hours, terminated people for no reason,
Harassed and intimidated us, we stood together. Stood to the
Point that the vast majority filed bankruptcy.
We was willing to lose our jobs. Why cause we wanted a change.
Who cares what the rest of America thinks! Management
Made irresponsible decisions, and we are expected
To pay for it. Look at what CSPF is claiming on
Doing to recent retirees? In the thread entitled bad news.
We either have to stick up by a no vote for them. Or realize
There is no teamsters anymore. Where just a social club with T-shirts and bumper stickers.

Our pension payments and our wages did not get them in this trouble. Let them figure out a different way to solve this problem. If we vote no and they close they will blame us, but we all know the real reason..... STILL VOTING NO!!!!

I will find a job. There is unemploymemt , I'm sick of hearing
Something is better than nothing. That mentality in my opinion
Is self serving. Unity is demanding conditions on any 14 month
Termination or deferral. Or we stick together in unity call their bluff.
If they close so be it!

Sounds like what you what is revenge . There's alot of that to go around at this company.I'm sure the company whats more than the 14 months, or negotiations would have been over by now.I,m not a yes vote for anything just the pension deferral .

No its not revenge! Example LOCAL 41 sent documented
Proof to the IBT to be discussed concerning Glenn Moore.
The proof shows Glenn Moore is hauling 45% of
The sleeper freight out of 326 Kansas City. YRC can cease
All use of Glenn Moore or No more concessions. That
Was posted in KC. This is just one issue. YRC
CAN'T JUST HAVE THERE WAY.

No its not revenge! Example LOCAL 41 sent documented
Proof to the IBT to be discussed concerning Glenn Moore.
The proof shows Glenn Moore is hauling 45% of
The sleeper freight out of 326 Kansas City. YRC can cease
All use of Glenn Moore or No more concessions. That
Was posted in KC. This is just one issue. YRC
CAN'T JUST HAVE THERE WAY.

Thats f***ing crazy! I told you why I'm out of work. Pure BS.:ranting2: The faucet doesn't shut off overnight like it did.

Hey truckinusa, Here is the argument YRC will give
For using Glenn Moore. #1. We can rail 28% of the entire
Volume of freight. So between KC and Chicago its under that percentage.
#2. If we kick Glenn Moore out it will cause us to
Bring laid off drivers back. We would have to pay their
H&W,10cpm more, increased hourly due to breakdowns.etc,etc.
Besides 326 has surrendered quite a few sleeper trucks back
To penske. Last I heard no sleepers on order.
I don't believe YRC wants to survive. Its all a dog and pony show
To see how much fun they can have milking the teamsters.