Yellow | Sorry We Must Vote Yes !!!!!

Are you voting Yes or No on July 2009 NMFA Concessions?

Of course the union wants a yes vote. Being an ex union driver short of his 30 I feel that the ibt was more concerned about my dues than my well being. Again my opinion but if down the road yrc goes under where will the ibt get dues to pay those ibt salaries. Let's face it if yrc goes will abf and ups keep the ibt alive. Once while on a picket line the union officials let us know they understood what we were going thru all the while they were getting full pay....I hope all this works out not onlt for you guys but the industry also

I will be voting yes and am proud off it . If that buys us some more time I'm all for it. They' re never going to pay another dime into pension anyway. I'm just as pissed off at this company as anyone but, voting to shut it down is not a option. I can read the headlines now Dumba$$ Teamsters vote to shut doors off Yellow Roadway Corp in one of the worst economic down turn in US history . Give me a break guys do you think this is 1970 or something .We have to change the way people think of unions and shutting the doors with a no vote will not look good . :ranting2:

I say let them close the doors They are keeping your Pension and now want you to pay them 15% and whats next when Zollars wants a ** you gonna jump in line for that too

NO i dont wont in that line, nor do i wont to be in-line with all my fellow out of work teamster brothers and sisters, at Con-Way, Fred-X,OD, begging for a **** non-union job which is were most will be if the vote is no.I think i need another beer.

almost double the no vote's, get ready to get a job at estes, lol

i hope this poll is accurate or is it just like last time everyone says there voting no then the yeses get it.

the newyork tri-state area will vote no and the rest will vote yes ...much easier to live in other states compared to the east..and that will be your 70% yes vote

NO i dont wont in that line, nor do i wont to be in-line with all my fellow out of work teamster brothers and sisters, at Con-Way, Fred-X,OD, begging for a **** non-union job which is were most will be if the vote is no.I think i need another beer.
Well your Pension is gone your medical will be next then another cut before long you will be working for 38 cents a mile with no pension or medical so if i was you I woundnt put too much bad mouthing on the non union companies

nothing just like everybody here.....
everyone`s a :shit:house lawyer on these boards..

I say if we all lose our jobs.we all go to conway flood it then turn it into a union company.we could start a new union.jeff could be our fearless leader

I like how I got this post card in the mail yesterday.it subtly suggested I vote YES.and then a follow up letter about the pension hadn't been paid into since the 9th of july.its been over 2months ago when I read in yahoo financials under yrcw.yrc said there would be no interruption in the payments to the pension fund.the ibt told yrc that there would be a 10%penalty tacked on to each month that yrc didn't pay into the fund.I voted NO.somebody or both are lieing.just a reminder of the power of suggestion.

That dennys job is looking better everyday..I know there are many wealthy single and divorced women that frequent this place.I still have my figure and good looks.I really do have a good chance of becoming some wealthy womans lapdog.it ain't all bad.I still voted no.I have plan b,c and all throughout the alphabet plan.I have my dennys uniform all pressed and cleaned.and shiny glossy black shoes...sweeet.

I say vote no. If we keep giving in they will just keep coming back for more. The next thing they will want is for us to pay for our health insurance, probably 50 to 75 dollars a week. Before you know it we will have to pay them just to let us work there.

I don't think I will get a ballot. Called them Monday and they said they would notify the international. I am going on vacation next Monday so if it isn't here by then I won't be voting. No problem my one vote won't matter anyway.

Great points made! We need to protect what we have. We have a choice. That choice is to vote and make our voices heard. We must stop the freefall while still holding on to some dignity. We need a new direction, which includes competent managemant and leaders. If not, where will it stop? 70% 65% 55%? When will you stop paying for a soon to be mediocre job if this passes?? Nobody wants to be unemployed. But, sometimes people need to make a stand for ourselves and say, "Enough is enough!". That is, if you recall, how this union was formed. By men and women standing up and saying NO. They not only risked unemployment, but they risked and sacrificed injury and death to make this union what it is today. I will not shame their memories by voting yes and giving up all that was so tirelessly worked and fought for our brothers and sisters!!!
Amen! At least somebody else can think about the bigger picture!!!