Yellow | Sorry We Must Vote Yes !!!!!

Are you voting Yes or No on July 2009 NMFA Concessions?

I do not know anything about Glenn Moore hauling our freight .We have Glenn Moore in ,and out of 653 all day ,but they use us a drop lot only.Their trailers never hit our dock or touch our freight.If your local is allowing thier trailers to bump your dock and haul your freight I would be pissed too.I know they are union in Kansas but thats dead wrong.

Find a Job

I will find a job. There is unemploymemt , I'm sick of hearing
Something is better than nothing. That mentality in my opinion
Is self serving. Unity is demanding conditions on any 14 month
Termination or deferral. Or we stick together in unity call their bluff.
If they close so be it! Here is a good example,
My prior employer we fought a long organizing campaign.
They cut our hours, terminated people for no reason,
Harassed and intimidated us, we stood together. Stood to the
Point that the vast majority filed bankruptcy.
We was willing to lose our jobs. Why cause we wanted a change.
Who cares what the rest of America thinks! Management
Made irresponsible decisions, and we are expected
To pay for it. Look at what CSPF is claiming on
Doing to recent retirees? In the thread entitled bad news.
We either have to stick up by a no vote for them. Or realize
There is no teamsters anymore. Where just a social club with T-shirts and bumper stickers.

I have been layed of since March. I just called about a driving job and was told it starts at .34c a mile. Good health, dental and vision for myself and Wife is 90.00 a week. Yes there are jobs out there. No I'm not taking the one I described. There would be a lot of YRC workers looking for very few good paying jobs with benefits. Still want to shut your job down? :shift:

I have been layed of since March. I just called about a driving job and was told it starts at .34c a mile. Good health, dental and vision for myself and Wife is 90.00 a week. Yes there are jobs out there. No I'm not taking the one I described. There would be a lot of YRC workers looking for very few good paying jobs with benefits. Still want to shut your job down? :shift:

This is my point I also have been looking for for a good job and have had little luck.When we merged Yellow and Roadway we lost 40% of our freight to our competitors.They still did no to very little hiring.

I have called on different driving jobs. They stink! Yet
I'd rather take one of them crappy non union jobs
Then reward mis management of YRC. Besides if we
Close I'm not driving over the road ever again.

I know you've been screwed we all have ,but revenge will only backfire against all teamsters .The guys at the top will get theirs in time.What the bond holders need to do is kick these guy out.

Reward? You think closing will take away their rewards? They get millions of dollars whether this company survives or not. They're probably hoping it closes so they can collect it, then get rid of this headache; move on to the non-union side they have all set up. Closing right now is only going to hurt the little guys cut loose in a bad economy with no jobs to be had. The people saying there's jobs out there because they found one.....might be living in parts of the country that are doing better than others. There aren't jobs in every city. And I ask again, what happens to the retirees pensions in each scenario: we vote yes to the pension concessions for 14 months, or we vote no and close it down. Which will be better for the long run, the big picture. Any thoughts?

Based on the current circumstances when we discuss
multi employer pensions it is my belief they are a thing
of the past. I believe we are not looking at the
big pitcher if we still believe we can save those
of us still employed, and those retired. We rank
And file have said yes to everything the Hoffa administration
And Yellow Roadway Corp has proposed. We have voted on the basis
of what's in it for me. Zollars, and upper management
Want out of the pensions. I'm convinced a 14 month
Deferment or termination will become a permanent end to our pensions.
Why would we continue line there pockets. Prolong the inevitable?
The economy isn't going to turn around that quickly. Regardless.
When are we going to stand on a national level. As
Teamsters and tell YRC if you want to really stay in business
No deferral, without conditions we demand. Or close the doors!
I'm not being mean spirited. Just amazed at the level
Of fellow teamsters that really are naïve. Naïve
That even if the economy turns around YRC will actually give
Anything back we won'

t.

Based on the current circumstances when we discuss
multi employer pensions it is my belief they are a thing
of the past. I believe we are not looking at the
big pitcher if we still believe we can save those
of us still employed, and those retired. We rank
And file have said yes to everything the Hoffa administration
And Yellow Roadway Corp has proposed. We have voted on the basis
of what's in it for me. Zollars, and upper management
Want out of the pensions. I'm convinced a 14 month
Deferment or termination will become a permanent end to our pensions.
Why would we continue line there pockets. Prolong the inevitable?
The economy isn't going to turn around that quickly. Regardless.
When are we going to stand on a national level. As
Teamsters and tell YRC if you want to really stay in business
No deferral, without conditions we demand. Or close the doors!
I'm not being mean spirited. Just amazed at the level
Of fellow teamsters that really are naïve. Naïve
That even if the economy turns around YRC will actually give
Anything back we won't.

With all due respect, I think it's you who are being naive!

What exactly do you think you will accomplish by forcing YRC to close the doors? What will that gain for the unionized employees or for the labor movement in general? What will it gain for anyone for that matter? Ego?? The economy is in the tank. I know many people both high tech types and blue collar labor types who have lost their jobs in a variety of fields and most haven't found anything to replace those jobs yet. Get real! Closing down the largest Teamster job when there are almost no other Teamster jobs out there anymore just doesn't make any sense. If there were many other Teamster trucking jobs around like there were years ago and we were just going after our one company for some reason then a tough stand might make sense. Wake up, in this day and age with conditions being what they are all over, you've got to use a little common sense.

We just have a difference in opinion of what the proper
Use of common sense is. Time will tell. We can't
Organize anything when we give without a fight.
We did it on the contract. We did it over the medical changes
We did it on the 10% giveback. Everytime we heard
The same montra. Vote yes or they're going out of business.
And no I'm not naïve. I'm using common sense. We broke
Our own union not fighting to stop Yellow from
Buying up all these companies. Letting UPS out of the fund.
I'm done.

We just have a difference in opinion of what the proper
Use of common sense is. Time will tell. We can't
Organize anything when we give without a fight.
We did it on the contract. We did it over the medical changes
We did it on the 10% giveback. Everytime we heard
The same montra. Vote yes or they're going out of business.
And no I'm not naïve. I'm using common sense.
We broke
Our own union not fighting to stop Yellow from
Buying up all these companies. Letting UPS out of the fund
I'm done.

No one could stop Yellow from buying anything. Any carrier could opt out. It cost UPS 6 billion dollars. The deferral is 14 months..not forever..you're jumpin the gun..see what happens in 14 months

No one could stop Yellow from buying anything. Any carrier could opt out. It cost UPS 6 billion dollars. The deferral is 14 months..not forever..you're jumpin the gun..see what happens in 14 months

The point im trying to make is we wouldn't be in the position were in had we had leadership that mounted a campaing to block, hold up, or stop Yellow from aquireing Roadway, and USF. We could have done something to convince the SEC, that this wasn't a good idea. To allow Yellow to purchase almost all the companies under the NMFA. I didn't like it. I know it leads me to question the real motives. Especially since the position we are in. YRC knows they can get anything they want. Due to the economy. Oh and by the way I think your the master rebuttal king. :biglaugh:

We?

Who are you speaking for when you say "WE"? Speak for yourself. Not everyone is willing to lay down and let the company walk all over them. "I" feel that the game is over. "I" feel that to agree to any more concessions is a slap in the face to every union brother that walked a picket line, every union family that suffered through a strike, everyone that died (yes died) for a union cause. If the ship sinks go down like a man, not groveling in the table scraps of some CEO's banquet on your dime. Leave with some dignity like a man. No for me. No more. I'll live, and I will hold my head high. Let the union sell us out. They have to live with themselves. I vote NO and I will sleep wwell.

Who are you speaking for when you say "WE"? Speak for yourself. Not everyone is willing to lay down and let the company walk all over them. "I" feel that the game is over. "I" feel that to agree to any more concessions is a slap in the face to every union brother that walked a picket line, every union family that suffered through a strike, everyone that died (yes died) for a union cause. If the ship sinks go down like a man, not groveling in the table scraps of some CEO's banquet on your dime. Leave with some dignity like a man. No for me. No more. I'll live, and I will hold my head high. Let the union sell us out. They have to live with themselves. I vote NO and I will sleep wwell.

Some people just don't know when to admit its over! They have tunnel vison. They don't understand they werent willing to stand as a brotherhood in good times. They are using the economy to justify being a union man. Why? To save union pensions and jobs. What it boils down too is they are dock workers, hostlers that dont want to work by the sweat of they're browl! The want to play doninos, and be lazy. I'm speaking the truth. I have friends from a non union company I used to work for. That went to Yellow, Roadway, etc. That was cornered and told on the dock. Slow down your making us look bad! Why? because they don't know what work is! They are willing to vote yes to anything because they don't want to work! That's the simple truth! Even my local told me a Union guy that has never worked non-union has no appreciation for the union. They believe they are entitled to something. I see it. They think they are entitled to be lazy arses. try doing 30 moves per hour on the dock. Breaking 5 bills per hour on the dock. Hooking 5 sets per hour as a hostler. These guys that inhereted union jobs, that have never worked non union will vote our arses to non union to continue to be union! to continue being lazy:nutkick:

YES! I want YRCW to weather this economy! I probably won't vote for any more givebacks after this though.

Its people like B L that ruin our working conditions and will vote yes for anything!

People like BL and myself who are smart enough to realize it's better to take a small wage concession now and give the company a chance than to vote NO and shut the doors on 40,000+ employees and the pensions of those who have retired.