Central Transport | Sounds like vitran/pjax are just gonna walk right in and take over???

Thanks for the info. The two places I heard different stories were from two different ct LH drivers.

It will all be answered soon enough I guess. No biggie.

if you read these post on the Vitran forum you would think these guys are the next best thing since sliced bread? all these years with these csa scores that are off the charts? they make us sound like we don't even belong in the same room breathing they're air???? well guess what they got sold not us and they are coming to our barn they have to learn our way, run freight like they are told to, seriously its a shame they're company sold them out financially, our company is saving them.... you would think instead of talking all that (were better than you crap) they should just be grateful, with this bad economy. welcome to central I cant wait to meet you............
My first post on CT's forum so let me start by saying I will give this my best shot. I don't think I'm better than anyone here and my **** stinks just as bad as the next guy. I work in Dallas for Vitran and make 21.25 an hour with no overtime ever...We never pay it, so I'm now happy I will get it at least after 55...CT has a big terminal here with a shop and is a break bulk....They run a pretty big place down here. They moved from Ft. Worth to Dallas and the guys that made the move got an extra dollar.....They have no set pay tier here as of yet and many make around 18 while others are at 21-23 depending on years of service. They need to set a pay tier here so things are fair for everyone....We need a top out after certain years of service...Let me say that every single CT driver I have talked to hates their job....They hate the insurance....equipment...the way they dispatch everything out of Warren....Everything!! I really look forward to finding some driver that likes his job...I'm sure there are some..I will stay here as long as I'm treated fairly...And that's something that only time will tell.

My first post on CT's forum so let me start by saying I will give this my best shot. I don't think I'm better than anyone here and my **** stinks just as bad as the next guy. I work in Dallas for Vitran and make 21.25 an hour with no overtime ever...We never pay it, so I'm now happy I will get it at least after 55...CT has a big terminal here with a shop and is a break bulk....They run a pretty big place down here. They moved from Ft. Worth to Dallas and the guys that made the move got an extra dollar.....They have no set pay tier here as of yet and many make around 18 while others are at 21-23 depending on years of service. They need to set a pay tier here so things are fair for everyone....We need a top out after certain years of service...Let me say that every single CT driver I have talked to hates their job....They hate the insurance....equipment...the way they dispatch everything out of Warren....Everything!! I really look forward to finding some driver that likes his job...I'm sure there are some..I will stay here as long as I'm treated fairly...And that's something that only time will tell.

good luck, everyone I know hates something about they're job , one thing for certain I'm not looking for work, I get more hours than I want most days, my check always cashes, don't like everything that happens but you be your own man you do it the way you know is right and do what they pay you to do? everyone is worried about bad equipment, you as a driver need to catch that on a pre trip, take it to the shop or be assigned another tractor while repairs are being made.... your on the clock wtf, you cant be forced to drive a tractor or trl with D.O.T. issues... personally don't have they're insurance, but do enjoy my job once I depart terminal, it use to be a nightmare getting out on time , a lot of things changed, for the better....at least for now, central makes changes all the time?????? sometimes you wonder wtf now, but its they're company and they do what they want, hell you can come in and never have a problem, or you could have a million problems, a lot of times its with in you... that being said welcome to central hope you have a smooth transition and good luck.................

So if there is no bids for road runs, who tells the drivers where they go every night? I wonder if that is a big reason why you guys cant keep drivers. I wouldnt be surprised if the big runs are given to the drivers in the managements "buddy system". I have never known of a legit LTL outfit not to have a road senority bid sheet. Im still pyzzled at why the line isnt out the gate at CTII for applications for driving jobs.

I've worked for an LTL outfit that didn't have a bid, they called it a "open board". Every night you bid on the runs available over the phone. You have to sit by the phone and wait for it to ring. If you miss that phone call then I guess you might not be working that night or be left with a less than desirable run.

The way it works is this, the senior guys get longer runs, and you have to kinda prove yourself worthy ie... meeting or beating your eta to you meet point or terminal and back. Although at my terminal they do bid runs that doesn't apply at all Ct terminals.

sent from my Crifftastic $3

The way it works is this, the senior guys get longer runs, and you have to kinda prove yourself worthy ie... meeting or beating your eta to you meet point or terminal and back. Although at my terminal they do bid runs that doesn't apply at all Ct terminals.

So the senior guys get to bid longer runs or they are given longer runs by dispatch? What one driver thinks is a good run may not be what another driver thinks is a good run.

When there is a bid and dispatch calls the number one driver to do the bid what are the rules? If the number one driver cannot bump anyone then can they only bid on new runs or stay on what they have?

If number one and two keep their run, and number three takes a new run then the number three guy's run is available to take, but number one and two were not able to take it.

One thing that does make sense is that some terminals do another bid that not all terminals do. I guess that explains why I have heard different stories. One thing I do like that I hear is the performance based set up (as long as it is not an incentive to run illegal). If a LH driver cannot keep the doors closed they need a different run.

Vitran's LH is a joke. Meet drivers show up 2 or even 3 hours late on a regular basis and no one at dispatch or terminals ever asks why they are late. I know that may sound like a lie, but I am dead serious. LH acts like being on time and legal is not important. I have a feeling some of the V LH drivers are in for a rude awakening.

So the senior guys get to bid longer runs or they are given longer runs by dispatch? What one driver thinks is a good run may not be what another driver thinks is a good run.

When there is a bid and dispatch calls the number one driver to do the bid what are the rules? If the number one driver cannot bump anyone then can they only bid on new runs or stay on what they have?

If number one and two keep their run, and number three takes a new run then the number three guy's run is available to take, but number one and two were not able to take it.

One thing that does make sense is that some terminals do another bid that not all terminals do. I guess that explains why I have heard different stories. One thing I do like that I hear is the performance based set up (as long as it is not an incentive to run illegal). If a LH driver cannot keep the doors closed they need a different run.

Vitran's LH is a joke. Meet drivers show up 2 or even 3 hours late on a regular basis and no one at dispatch or terminals ever asks why they are late. I know that may sound like a lie, but I am dead serious. LH acts like being on time and legal is not important. I have a feeling some of the V LH drivers are in for a rude awakening.
luci I wouldn't try to speculate much about this...They will change some things as we move forward. I would just wait and see how it plays out and see if it's something you can work with....If not, something better will come along in time and you can move on...Hang in there girl because it may not be as bad as everyone has said....I choose to be positive and to be grateful for what I have until there comes a day when I realize that everything that has been said is true.

The way it works is this, the senior guys get longer runs, and you have to kinda prove yourself worthy ie... meeting or beating youjr eta to you meet point or terminal and back. Although at my terminal they do bid runs that doesn't apply at all Ct terminals.

Prove yourself means if you come in and try to be bff's with the dispatcher then u will get a desent run. But if you come in there and you are always at the shop becuz you dont want to run illegal with ct's junk equipment, then you get a small run and more hours working the dock then driving. You vitran drivers are in for a big surprise,( unless you dont mind suckin *** for a decent paycheck). At least a vitran there was a bid sheet every six months. And waiting for a meet man. For 2 hours, believe it or not it happens everywhere. The differnce with vitran and other companies is you dont get paid to sit so why would management care if you have to sit and wait. Back in 06 when ct couldnt keep drivers(still happening now) if you had 77 years in the LTL industry you walked in the door topped out. Thats what great companies do is screw those who actually stick sround, and reward those who will probley leave in a couple months, even if they are making 23.50 an hour. What a joke ct is

It is odd that no central transport driver on here can explain how the bid works. I am not sure what that means. It is very odd though.

I have spoke on the phone with a ct driver two or three times and his story does not change. He says the bid goes down similar to how V LH does it except LH tracks your performance and will take you off a run if you are not able to do it on time. He said break-downs and equipment repairs do not count against your performance score.

Like RT said though, once we are all one big family the rules of bidding will probably change a lot. I would just like to hear on TB how it happens now.

Can any CT drivers explain the process?

there is no bids, Michigan does all the dispatching.... there's no bids, there's no bids, there is NO BIDS, there's nothing to explain or understand , who ever is the night planer in (Michigan) figures out who's going where...... central transport is very odd and very set in implementing what ever plan they come up with ..... I don't think you will find the answer your looking for until your living it. you can tell the night T.M. what you would like to do maybe he'll steer it in your direction ? he's in contact with the planer in Michigan they figure where best to send what person. oh yeah did I say (there's no bids)????

So is there a bid? LOL!

Do all loads leave at the same time? How long before departure do you find out where you are going?

there is no bids, Michigan does all the dispatching.... there's no bids, there's no bids, there is NO BIDS, there's nothing to explain or understand , who ever is the night planer in (Michigan) figures out who's going where...... central transport is very odd and very set in implementing what ever plan they come up with ..... I don't think you will find the answer your looking for until your living it. you can tell the night T.M. what you would like to do maybe he'll steer it in your direction ? he's in contact with the planer in Michigan they figure where best to send what person. oh yeah did I say (there's no bids)????

That is a clearer. It is like permanently running the extra board but not having options on the extra board.

So is there a bid? LOL!

Do all loads leave at the same time? How long before departure do you find out where you are going?

Most places have multiple cut times. All depends on the terminal and the runs. If you get on a run you like and that you perform well, it's yours for the most part. Their may be nights when things get turned upside down and you're told where you're going is somewhere different. When that happens you'll know 3-5 hours in advance. Line haul comes in at 3pm and starts making their plan. First cuts are at 7:00 pm.

Take this with a grain of salt too....that's how it is now, without the Vitran drivers and freight. Once it all gets integrated, who knows? One thing you'll notice with Central if you're here any length of time is, the best thing about Central is they can react quickly and change procedures and processes at the drop of a hat. The worst thing about Central is they can react quickly and change procedures and processes at the drop of a hat. It's the nature of a well funded, privately owned company, the owner wants something, the owner gets it.

I'm thinking maybe we should have foot races for the runs you cant bid on, everyone shows up Monday morning at the starting line and the T.M. shoots a starting pistol and all of us can race to the finish line say quarter mile and 1st one picks his run 2nd one and so on and so on... how's that sound , just thought I'd put it out there????? make sure we you tube it when were done...

I've been back to work at V for almost three years now at SAG. I am supposed to report to a CT terminal tonight and IDk what to expect.I'm sure not going to go there to "take over" but most people I've talked to that were at CT b4 are telling me it's a downgrade.
:ShakeHandsNah:

I make $75,000 been here 6 years.Come to work, do your job, go home. There is lots of drama if you indulge it. DO YOUR WORK, GO HOME. LEAVE THE DRAMA TO THE DOCKWORKERS!

I know I have no intentions of coming in and "taking over" personally I just want to come in and do MY job I don't care about trying to change things especially since I can't, if I get treated fairly then everything will be fine but if I get treated like a "red headed step child" then I might make some waves till I am treated fairly.