SEFL | Southeastern Freight Lines Achieves Best-Ever Safety Records The Journal of Commerce

Jeff
We were just told this and also how well we are doing in cutting out waste. I as a SEFL employee can not be more proud of this company and the fact we have not had a lay off or pay cut. Thanks to our owners we all still have a job

Amen Tater, SEFL and Averitt are one of the few that haven't recieved a paycut, might happen today, but so far so good.

in my area the SEFL drivers had to take mandatory days off, so technically that is a pay cut for those drivers, but I do not know if that was system wide

in my area the SEFL drivers had to take mandatory days off, so technically that is a pay cut for those drivers, but I do not know if that was system wide

That is true, but still better than what most companies have done. I had 2day off in Jan., none since although I am next on the list. I took two in Jan. because I run a lay down. That is optional. If taken they skip you the next time. Not bad. I am glad to be where I am!

Yea, I am not taking a shot at Southeastern by no means and I know not all had to do it but some did....

Everybody gave something somewhere in about every company, I gave up my 401k match and it was slow at the first of the year... everyday your bid is canceled or you don't work is a week you lost 20% in salary for that week

Yea, I am not taking a shot at Southeastern by no means and I know not all had to do it but some did....

Everybody gave something somewhere in about every company, I gave up my 401k match and it was slow at the first of the year... everyday your bid is canceled or you don't work is a week you lost 20% in salary for that week

I didn't take it as a shot Jeff. Keep up the good work, and thanks for this board!

tinab don`t know where u run out of ,but here in fmy we are slammed,in the past few weeks we`v had to ask for help from other terminals,dock ,cty people, things looking up.

Over here in Fay, the only thing saving us from a 3-4 day work week is heavy vacation. Guess they have a lot of linehaul drivers taking a lot of vacation in the system cause over the past two months they are actually letting the city drivers help fill in. As for earlier in the year, they would cover linehaul runs with other system drivers. However, at least one city driver is still being rotated everyday.

i havent workd 5 days a week in a couple of months, i called that a pay cut. when you are rotated off you loose at least $200 for that day. i'm like everyone else at my barn, why doesnt line haul rotate?

i havent workd 5 days a week in a couple of months, i called that a pay cut. when you are rotated off you loose at least $200 for that day. i'm like everyone else at my barn, why doesnt line haul rotate?

:Flame-On:BoooHoooo!!

I am new to this company, but I am under the impression,much like Fedex Freight whom I worked 9 years prior, that they can't or won't force linehaul drivers to participate in rotation. I am not bashing anyone...but if city drivers feel the effect of the economy,no matter WHAT COMPANY it is...shouldn't the linehaul drivers feel the effect as well??? Just a thought....

rotation

mike -screamingwhatever, i`ve been with sefl 16 years 10 of those years in line haul,i cannot tell you how many times i have been given the night off nor will I, because this is my business. Maybe you should practice the same. Instead of bashing or complaining on this forum take it up with your managers. Both of you should be grateful that you got on with this company, but with this **** poor attitude you may still want to keep looking. And for those who are new to the company the owner has an open door policy or pick up the phone and call him direct. Good luck for your next year.

mike -screamingwhatever, i`ve been with sefl 16 years 10 of those years in line haul,i cannot tell you how many times i have been given the night off nor will I, because this is my business. Maybe you should practice the same. Instead of bashing or complaining on this forum take it up with your managers. Both of you should be grateful that you got on with this company, but with this **** poor attitude you may still want to keep looking. And for those who are new to the company the owner has an open door policy or pick up the phone and call him direct. Good luck for your next year.

Robo I am only stating that everyone should be on the same page....and as far as addressing it to the manager..I asked the Service Center Mgr directly..at a meeting with all the city drivers..if the linehaul was going to participate in the rotation. His response was, not at this time.
It seems to be the same everywhere...you mention equal treatment involving a linehaul driver sharing and you get the same response...I don't expect the linehaul guys to be for it..maybe someone in corporate is watching though..:-)

rotation

I totally agree everyone being on the same page. I should have spoken more cleary, your SCM does not control line haul rotation. He should be clear about that. That is why I suggested you contact line haul-central dispatch, Phil T, or Mr Cassells. You know that line haul and P&D are different schedules -positions. Please try not to speak for EVERYONE-EVERYWHERE this will cause bad moral and conflict between the 2 positions. Not to repeat myself, make that call and ask them to explain things you question or dont understand. Just be grateful and happy you are working for a great company and please only worry about things you can control. It is not worth the burden. Enjoy your holiday

Central dispatch controls linehaul rotation. That's why alot of drivers end up off route. I don't mind rotating one bit as long as they don't use contract carriers in place.

P and D rotation depends on the number of drivers at the service center and bill count. If you have alot of drivers at a particular center it might be heavier than at others. I know it can seem like a pay cut but if a driver works a four day work week and still gets 40 plus hours a week... I don't they can complain much. Some drivers at other companies are not getting that much. Be thankful for what you have and if you don't like it find another place to squat.

I think were all grateful not to get laid off but it would be nice if city guys got the chance to bid on their runs twice a year like linehaul. I have no problem getting rotated but getting stuck on the worst p&d run with 17 deliveries and 5 guys sitting at the house is not taking care of your driver. I don't have a problem if sensible freight is double stacked but it's been to the extreme on some runs that never even see a dock let alone a forklift. Being that there are drivers at my terminal that cry and get what they want and the one's that work get it handed to them only makes these times stink even more. If a 5% paycut is coming these types of discussion's are only going to increase. If drivers take a paycut to where we were 4 or 5 years ago moral imho will be at an all time low. Think about it lose about $200 dollars getting rotated one day then lose another $40 plus in hourly wages as well. If this is coming I could think of a few of us that aren't gonna push like madmen anymore to get that last stop off or take a late lunch to cover for the lack of manpower anymore.

Make no mistake,I am happy at my current job. I am thinking about the company surviving as a whole. If drivers are getting 40 hours a week in P&D,then you're right,there isn't anything much to complain about. BUT if you have drivers getting less,on a regular basis,then other options should be looked at in order to maintain our staffing as the company says....they do EVERYTHING possible to keep our drivers working. Words from Mr Cassels himself. Have a great holiday everyone.