Southeastern roll over in Mobile

JWor

TB Lurker
Credits
This accident occured at exit 15b (westbound) in Tillmans Corner Al, friday morning. Yall take note, this is a bad exit! The entry to this exit is "right" at the end of an overpass, which is kinda at the top of a hill, and somewhat in a curve. The ramp speed is 30. And it come's up on you quick trying to go from 65-70 to 30 off of I-10 with no turn lane. (good luck).

On my way home tonight I passed the exit and noticed some skid marks going into the exit. It was raining today, and I figured the driver locked it up and just rolled it making his entry. But after I watched the video of the scene, this is at the base of the exit, onto hwy 90. (which is equally as dangerous as the entry on this ramp).

I havent heard much about the Driver, other than he was taken to the hospital, with injuries. (i'll keep you posted if I hear anything). One of our drivers who was in the area said the tractor was in pretty bad shape.

article and video link

WKRG.com | Overturned Truck Shuts Down Highway

Follow up

Capt. Brian Gilliland, a Mobile Fire-Rescue Department spokesman, said this afternoon that the driver of the rig, William Randy Ballard, 41, was slightly injured in the crash. Gilliland said Ballard was taken to the University of South Alabama Medical Center for treatment. A hospital spokeswoman said there was no record of Ballard being admitted to the hospital.