southeastern

Discussion in 'Dayton' started by supertrucker72, Jan 22, 2015.

1. supertrucker72

supertrucker72 Active Member

What do y'all DFL drivers think about southeastern invading yalls territory in Kentucky here in another month in half there are some rumors that they are going to buy DFL that maybe why a lot of things are changing over there good luck if it happens

2. ltltrkr

ltltrkr Active Member

It should not be a problem, DFL does the same with Pyle. They both have terminals in Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

3. Enforcer75

Enforcer75 Member

Dayton and SEFL have a great working relationship as far as I can tell, I drive for Dayton and the owners always speak highly of the working relationship with all our partners.

4. meathead32

meathead32 Member

I wish Pyle would have opened the whole state of Ohio, not to take freight away from Dayton, but it is an easier sell from the east. everyone else does the entire state next day. same with going south, but they may be changing in a couple of years. But I don't see a problem at all with Sefl in Kentucky, it will help draw business

5. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

Over the years that I was employed at Dayton, rumours were alway's flying around regarding the inter-line partnership with SEFL. Some of the most talked about were as follows, in no order of importance;
    1. The change over to auto-shift trucks was demanded by SEFL to better enhace DFL's worth as a merger prospect when the time came.
    2. The design of the Indy terminal was dictated and partly financed by SEFL, if DFL was to design it totally on our own SEFL would have dropped DFL as a interline partner.
    3. DFL financed a major expansion of a SEFL break-bulk facility in the State of Georgia.
    4. The equipment used for the SEFL linehaul of Nashville to Indy turn is actually owned and expenses paid for by DFL, but flying under the SEFL 'flag'.
    Do I have verifiable(sp) prove of these? No. But these circulated for nearly the last 10 years I worked at DFL, so take it for what it's worth.

6. robo33

robo33 Member

hey laser,a couple of things first #2 sefl dose not partly finance any property they will buy it out right and which break bulk term. expansion in ga was financed by dfl,i think not.#4 is just crazy i have alot of freinds up there who are going to be running that area,if that truck is red&black its owned and paid for by sefl.i also noticed u said u WORKED at dfl mabe look at sefl i know they will be hiring soon in the area,just an idea

7. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

I am just relay-ing rumuors that were around at the time I worked at DFL, these are the one's that quickly came to mind when I say the thread, I am sure if I jog my brain awhile more will come to mind. Most rumours at DFL alway's seemed to surface after Manager's meeting's at HQ.

8. ltltrkr

ltltrkr Active Member

companies that interline usually always have overlap area, its never a perfect science. If you look at other regionals that interline its the same thing.

9. Snark Monkey

Snark Monkey Well-Known Member

As a former accounting student . . . none of those statements make business sense.